Devils v Panthers - 02/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always, he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils should be at full strength for this game, once again nothing has been mentioned on the Devils site about injuries and once again nothing has been mentioned on previous coverage, so hopefully it's all good :)

I have no idea about the Panthers roster, I think they're at full strength and I think they're also rolling with a full import quota after they stole a player from Guildford...

This will be the 5th game between the two sides, Devils currently have 2 wins to Panthers 1, but the last game in Cardiff saw us draw 3-3 in the Challenge Cup. The weekend just gone saw the Devils win at home, but lose in Coventry whilst the Panthers only had 1 home game against the Vipers on Sunday which they won spectacularly easy - 15-0...

The Devils really need to win this game, Sundays loss saw the Steelers close in on us and with them also playing tomorrow i'd say we desperately need the 2 points from this game...

Chris.

DevilDom

Ticket sales look quite slow so far for this match. Hopefully quite a few people are planning on turning up on the night so we can create a good atmosphere.

We really need to be winning all our home games to stay in the hunt for the championship as the steelers just don't look like losing at the moment.

What a great run you guys are having! It is great to see the team working hard.

I know I don't post much, but I have been following you all season from across the pond. I can only wish that my SJ Sharks could put it together the way your team has.

Keep the pressure on, along with the hard work and you will be rewarded.

Cheers!

ASHIPP

VERY nervous about this one. :? If games against Blaze have been close this season, the Devils' record against the Panthers is even closer, involving the odd goal, extra time and shootouts. :x

Panthers are a very good team, and although inconsistent over the last few weeks, look like they may be settling down. Their new centre Tcazuk (sp) is already making an impact ...noticable he was winning a tremendous number of face-offs on his debut at the BBT. Terrific forwards and a solid netminder in Kowlaski. This is a very big test and one the Devils definitely need to win as the Steelers may move even closer tonight if they win their game. :shock:

Koop11

Like every game right now, this is a massive! A win tonight really puts the pressure on Sheffield who have 3 tough games in 3 days this weekend.

If Nottingham come and play like they did in the 2nd period of the CC game the other week then we’re in for a long night. They have a lot of depth up front with some big face off winners and arguably the best goalie in the league. We need to take advantage of their suspect defence. Getting the puck deep in their end and forcing their blue liners to turn over the puck.

That said, we have to be alert when pushing men forward (Weller in particular). Whilst this approach has lead to much of our success this season, recent games against Coventry, Nottingham and Edinburgh have shown we are being far too exposed at the back. Maybe there has been an element of luck until now but we must tighten up.

Looking forward to this one

voth26

we have to play hard for the whole game, every forecheck done, every hit finished, try and stay out of the box no silly pens, everyone totally focused we have to be first to every puck and take every chance we get, think it will be a long long night. the guys are producing on the ice, us fans have to play our part and get behind the guys from the off
the mindset has to be we have to win at all costs to get the 2 points towards the title, G if you need me to give your game speech let me know :roll: as churchill said we will fight them on the beaches and the ice :lol:

DTC

Do we know who the officials are this evening? I think this type of game needs someone like Dean Smith or Darnel to take control,and to ensure its not ruined by the officials! Too many times this season we have seen a big game, like this evenings, ruined by some horrific officiating.

James

Administrator
I honestly think Darnell is the worst ref we see in the rink by quite a way. Is Thompson reffing this year? I don't remember seeing him.

DevilDom

I think we all need to calm down a bit and concentrate on getting behind the team. I also think that sometimes the nervousness of the crowd effects the way the team play (the recent Blaze and Panthers games spring to mind).

Earlier in the season and when we are most of the unbeaten run the fans were terrific at getting behind the team because we were the underdogs and had nothing to lose. Now it seems we are top everyone is talking about winning the league and we are worried about this game and that game we are not getting behind the team in the same way. If someone had offered anyone of us to be top of the league going into February and the title effectively in our hands we would have snatched their hand off so lets enjoy it. We may not win the league but I think most peoples aspirations were for us to break into the top 3 and we should achieve that now.

Yes this will be a very tough game and yes we may end up losing it, but we'll still be challenging for the title. So lets get behind the guys and make the tent a cauldron again and make sure that doesn't happen!

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
If someone had offered anyone of us to be top of the league going into February and the title effectively in our hands we would have snatched their hand off so lets enjoy it. We may not win the league but I think most peoples aspirations were for us to break into the top 3 and we should achieve that now.
Agreed,I made the very same point to the mrs the other night.I did not think for a second we would win the league and out perform the likes of Belfast and Nottingham at the start of the season but as the pressure has built I have mot been enjoying the hockey of late through fear of not winning.What will be will be in March and I'm going to get behind the team whatever and just enjoy the games for what they are as I feel the atmosphere is better when everybody is relaxed