Devils v Giants - Weds 15/12 - 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

As usual, for those of you who can't make the game I can be emailed at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils may be without Voth after his match penalty picked up in the game against the Blaze on Saturday, I believe Wannabe2 said the club would find out the appeals decision at 5pm today (Tuesday)

Belfast have a few players out, but I think they're at full strength import wise? Hopefully the Devils can get a win as the Giants seem to have our number this year and we really need to get the win in this 1st stage of the CC semi.

If you do use Match Night Live, please check out http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/donate to help us to continue to run the website in all its glory, website, forums, MNL and other plans in the works.

Chris.

Have we heard any confirmations yet on whether Finnerty will be playing?

If The Voth is out, we may need an extra physical presence on the ice to stop McJackass from running the show.

Ghost Dog said:

If The Voth is out, we may need an extra physical presence on the ice to stop McJackass from running the show.
Finnerty was at the meet the players last night so I assume that meeans he's cleared to play as we don't usually fly players in until they're cleared.

he's on the radio with Shannon tonight so I'm sure they'll confirm either way.

Gaz G

Ghost Dog said:

Sure he will be playing but can't see him being that physical presence and having a go with Mcmuffin.

Very important we get a win at home. Since we haven't got a single point away against them this year, it looks as though we're going to have to do damage at Cardiff.

Belfast played quite dirty last time they came here (although at least they didn't deliberatley attempt to injure players :roll: ) so we need to expect that, and really get our PP going because last time I remember going nuts when we had a 5 on 3 and got like one shot off.

With McMuffin, Szwez and the officials (zebras), lets turn the big blue tent, into a big blue zoo to welcome Ryan to Cardiff :D

we need to eliminate Szwez from the game, we need to check him hard and often to keep him from getting the puck in open space, he also has 5 SH goals this year all ready,

we need to come out hitting and get in there faces,

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
we need to eliminate Szwez from the game, we need to check him hard and often to keep him from getting the puck in open space, he also has 5 SH goals this year all ready,

we need to come out hitting and get in there faces,
As I see it as a Giants fan, you do have to shut down our danger man, Szwez. Fortunately he is a tough customer himself and can usually handle himself or has such a decent hockey mind that he'll avoid getting checked hard. You also need to watch for our playing confident Benedict who has come to form over the past month.

It's a tough call to make especially if Finnerty is coming. We all know how he can get under player's skins. With our current form I maybe see us edging it but I see it being close.

Finny

Anyone know what time the rink reception stays up until for buying tickets? Have forgotten to get my ticket for this game.

Yeah it is over two legs, the second being in belfast on jan 20th, it just works on most goals on aggregate.
I must say im very suprised at how slow the ticket sales are and how little pr their is about it so far, this is a tough match and devils need all the support they can get. They should be hyping it up in the press, by my count only 720 tickets sold so far (not including sponsor blocks). Hope its going to be nearer a sell out because the challenge cup games are usually a great atmosphere, i know its only the 1st leg but a win in our barn is crucial to get through to the final.

James

Administrator
Hynod said:
Newbie here but is this match over 2 legs?

if so how is the reslut calculated i.e. away goals?
Yes it's over 2 legs. The first can be a tie in regulation, the second will go to O/T and penalties if the teams draw.

I'm looking forward to it, even more so now that The Voth is cleared to play. It'll be something of a baptism of fire for Finnerty on his debut, but it should be interesting. Especially if he plays with the same disruptive style of play that he was known for last year with Sheffield. Hopefully he'll get right under the skin of McMoron, and force him to give up silly penalties...

...just as long as we get a ref with the balls to make the calls..

Can't see mcmorrow needing runt to wind him up I'd imagine he will go after him anyway to see if that will wind voth up and tbh if mcm gets either of them off the ice then he's done his job

DevilDom

I just hope we don't let them out muscle us as we have in their last 2 visits to the tent. I'd be prepared to swap some time in the bin for a bit of muscle and phsicality shown by our boys (as long as its at the right times).

I really hope if Johnson starts with the clutch and grab someone floors him, we can't let Swez or Bendict rough our guys up either regardless of the presence of Mcmorrow. We just can't let them turn the game into a frustrating borefest (which the 2 previous games against Belfast have been) by slowing our play down and niggling at us all game. We have to stamp our authority on the game early!

DevilDom said:
I just hope we don't let them out muscle us as we have in their last 2 visits to the tent. I'd be prepared to swap some time in the bin for a bit of muscle and phsicality shown by our boys (as long as its at the right times).

I really hope if Johnson starts with the clutch and grab someone floors him, we can't let Swez or Bendict rough our guys up either regardless of the presence of Mcmorrow. We just can't let them turn the game into a frustrating borefest (which the 2 previous games against Belfast have been) by slowing our play down and niggling at us all game. We have to stamp our authority on the game early!

Lol eggs isn't a physical type player in the swzez sense and sj is out with concussion but it would be great if someone floored him!!!!!

Pot kettle hmmm

Gazza272

jester said:
DevilDom said:

Lol eggs isn't a physical type player in the swzez sense and sj is out with concussion but it would be great if someone floored him!!!!!

Pot kettle hmmm

Whast the pot kettle about? Flooring as in big mid ice check, not floor him in the Derek Campbell sort of sense, but of course you already knew that :roll: