Devils v Giants - 27/09 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Our look at the Giants line up can be found by clicking here

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I'll be hosting the game again, as always I can be shouted at before/during the game at matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk

Despite the above, it's sort of crucial that as many people as possible go to this game, after a rather poor attendance on Sunday, we desperately need more people to attend this game...

Plus it's the Giants, something is bound to happen to cause their fans to have a whinge on here or THF ;)

Re: Blaze v Devils - 27/09 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Deeds v Keefe is almost a dead cert its gona be a cracker!.... The chirps have already started on twitter!!

Re: Blaze v Devils - 27/09 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Spearsy said:
Deeds v Keefe is almost a dead cert its gona be a cracker!.... The chirps have already started on twitter!!
BBT is definitely the place to be on Thursday night! Can't wait to see how Deeds and Keefe continue their chirps on the ice! Gonna be a night to remember....

Koop11

Looking forward to this game. The League Champions are in town and last season sparked a bit of an rivalry that hasn’t really existed for sometime against Belfast. If we want to put a stamp on a league challenge that this is the chance to really do that.

This is also a real opportunity for Deets to finally shine. I’m not talking about fighting Keefe but to see what a good power forward like Keefe should be doing. Intensity every shift and hitting at any given opportunity. Deets has it in him. Clearly he’s not in the best possible shape but the onus is on him to get fit and deliver what he can do. Tonight would be a good platform to start.

DevilDom

BOUT YE said:
Nice comments about adam keefe but what about his buddy darryl lloyd surely he does his job to perfection as well !!!
Yes he does. Deeds should be targetting him and then if Keefe wants to get involved then so be it - a nice 3rd man in penalty for Keefe would do me. Or if it does kick off I would fancy G and Deeds against Lloyd and Keefe. Think its going to be a fiesty one!

Don't forget to throw in Greg Stewart who has over 85 fights in the AHL/NHL.
I hope it's not one of those panto fights if it does happen

drainage

Is it wrong to want there to be no fighting !!! Prefer to win the game than take the penalties .... but am guessing a ruck is on the cards!

Hoping this time the instigator penalty goes to the correct player (irrespective of team !!!)

Sheincar

drainage said:
Is it wrong to want there to be no fighting !!! Prefer to win the game than take the penalties .... but am guessing a ruck is on the cards!

Hoping this time the instigator penalty goes to the correct player (irrespective of team !!!)
I'm with you on this - I'm far more interested in winning the game than winning the fights but losing the game. Fights don't put points on the table.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #16
From the texts I was getting for MNL, that sounded like a terrible, terrible game :(

We need an average of 1600 to break even, only 1253 tonight, Saturday is going to be horrific after tonights display...

jester said:
Don't forget to throw in Greg Stewart who has over 85 fights in the AHL/NHL.
I hope it's not one of those panto fights if it does happen
Don't worry it wasn't a panto fight we were an embarrassment...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I cant tell you how peed off I am after that game! I can deal with losing, it happens. But to lose in that manner at our home rink is shameful. No grit, no desire, no heart or passion. I said at 1-0 we needed a spark, something we have had in previous years with Vother & Tylor. Deeds doesn't do it like he suggested he would. Making a nuisance of yourself in the crease at 4-0 with seconds left is a wasted effort. I thought Max's hit may have given us the lift we needed but nothing. We were pedestrian, no change of pace at all. The only time a player upped the tempo was Max. As a result he almost scored and drew a minor penalty.

The only players to escape with any credit for me were McKenzie, Ben, G and Max (in patches).

I've left that rink tonight a very frustrated fan. I bet PR is extremely worried about attendances now and if there ever was the need for harsh words from G then right now is the time.

Max

Max Beerbarrell said:
I cant tell you how peed off I am after that game! I can deal with losing, it happens. But to lose in that manner at our home rink is shameful. No grit, no desire, no heart or passion. I said at 1-0 we needed a spark, something we have had in previous years with Vother & Tylor. Deeds doesn't do it like he suggested he would. Making a nuisance of yourself in the crease at 4-0 with seconds left is a wasted effort. I thought Max's hit may have given us the lift we needed but nothing. We were pedestrian, no change of pace at all. The only time a player upped the tempo was Max. As a result he almost scored and drew a minor penalty.

The only players to escape with any credit for me were McKenzie, Ben, G and Max (in patches).

I've left that rink tonight a very frustrated fan. I bet PR is extremely worried about attendances now and if there ever was the need for harsh words from G then right now is the time.

Max
Here, here... That was the worst game I have ever seen. We got beaten off the ice, shouldnt be happening. How are they going to increase attendance with that? Need to play physical, I think should start playing Harding and piggott. Need a big change. Can't wait to see attendance Saturday after that!!