Devils v Giants - 10/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

drainage

drumduff said:
Hey if you're happy with it that's great. I found it quite hilarious. Made great Sunday fun reading. Keep it up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I suspect as long as we have a reffing dispay like that again and Keefe is on the ice your wish will be granted !

I assume you logged on to read the Giants are fab report?? School boy error this is the forum may not be the best report in the world but it's the DEVILS forum!!

Its very early in the season to ridicule fans who in my view were seriously shortchanged by what went for reffing last night.

I look forward to being able to re act with the same level of childish and Ill informed comments at future Giants posts !!

give this one a go and see what you think... wrote it myself and i wasn't at the game so may not be accurate but let me know what you think...

http://theworldofsportbyateengirl.blogspot.com/
Thought that was quite good until you resorted to blaming the ref. I'm sure both teams had decisions go for them and against them that we'd all argue were rubbish decisions but that's hockey! It's all about swings and roundabouts over a whole season! Whilst very frustrating it's very rare to be the real reason why a team wins or loses a game. That's usually down to the team itself. :idea:[/quote]

Another who wasn't at the game but insists on telling us how it was! Now thats Hilarious.[/quote]

Thanks for the crique... I'll work on keeping my opinions to myself whilst writing.

Wannabe2

Voth will beat the living daylights out of that prat Keefe before the season is over, the times werent right last night, but believe me later in the season he will be allowed to, and when that day comes Keefe you will get your come uppence. Your chicken impersonation will be well and truelly shoved up your j----y cant wait.

Wannabe2 said:
Voth will beat the living daylights out of that prat Keefe before the season is over, the times werent right last night, but believe me later in the season he will be allowed to, and when that day comes Keefe you will get your come uppence. Your chicken impersonation will be well and truelly shoved up your j----y cant wait.
Oh dear.

Well anyway, seems the standard of reporting on the official devils site hasnt improved much, Quite shameful really and does themselves no favours when it comes to officials returning to the BBT.

"Why are they picking on us... lets run them down on our website again"

Time to grow up and move on.

Looks like this season could get quite feisty - week 2, not even played Blaze or Squealers and already the gloves are off (on the forum that is - which is in no way an offence as unless the opposition does the same it is just a bit of banter!).

I WAS at the game and must say the report on the Devils site is pretty accurate - not sure I was expecting to see it there but hey ho sometimes the truth needs to be told. Interesting to see if league comment on the report!! Pelle tweeted about it (and Tylor) - they are surprised it got published!

I am sure the Rapid Solicitors Elite League TV show will provide a totally unbiased Simmsy review of the incident. I actually just tweeted the Elite League asking if Devils could appoint Rapid Solicitors to take action on behalf of Brad for unfair dismissal by Darnell? I think video evidence will support his claim! Where there's blame there's a claim!

Re last night, yes Darnell was poor even by his standards, in my humble opinion, however, when we did have our PP (including I think it was 51 seconds of 5 on 3?) we were poor. Was it Gretzky who said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take? We missed 100% of very few!!

Some positives - Lyle was good, Voth seems fitter (and not biting when provoked - we would miss him more than they would miss McMorrow, I mean Keefe), new guys settling in and getting used to each other, our PK was quite effective, the young Brit pack are holding their own, Max back soon...not all doom and gloom.

Baz-lar said:
I WAS at the game and must say the report on the Devils site is pretty accurate - not sure I was expecting to see it there but hey ho sometimes the truth needs to be told. Interesting to see if league comment on the report!! Pelle tweeted about it (and Tylor) - they are surprised it got published gloom.

But you're missing the point that drum duff and dwd (and eve Pelle on twitter ) are trying to make here. It's not whether it is a. Accurate report of their opinion of the game, it is a
Whether it s professional to conduct your company website press releases and statements in this manner. In my opinion, it makes the club appear like a petulant child and is highly unprofessional. Id prefer it if the club I support was not a bitter, ranting, child about things. Unprofessional.

drainage

DWD said:
Wannabe2 said:
Oh dear.

Well anyway, seems the standard of reporting on the official devils site hasnt improved much, Quite shameful really and does themselves no favours when it comes to officials returning to the BBT.

If it's that appalling why read it ? As for officials if you are suggesting their performance is influenced by comments made about them then surely that's out of order??

If we offend you that much stop reading and posting !!

Hardly rocket science!

Gospel

2 teams played so there will be 2 opinions. My opinion is that Darnell was poor throughout. The game was very physical and entertaining but a referee should not be a deciding factor in any sport.

Sad fact is yet again our PP was terrible, so far this season we have had 17 PP opportunities and scored 1 goal. last night we had a 5-3 and then 4-3 in OT and couldnt convert, thats not good enough at any level.

Voth was right to laugh and skate away from Keefe on both occasions he wanted to go, we didnt need the fight at those times. However in the 3rd when the tide had turned we needed a spark, whether we had the energy to do anything only the team will know. I love a fight just like anyone but more importantly i want the Devils to win. If that means no fights all season for some silverware then i can live with that.

There is still work to be done by the team and G will know that, there is a hell of a long way to go yet before the end of the season and im still sure we will be there or thereabouts at the end of it, even though yet again, some people still recko we will only finish 5th! :D :D :D

The report on the Devils site is a true reflection of the game, whether it should have been published though is a matter for the club. If people dont like then they dont have to read it.

drainage said:
DWD said:
Wannabe2 said:
Oh dear.

If it's that appalling why read it ? As for officials if you are suggesting their performance is influenced by comments made about them then surely that's out of order??

If we offend you that much stop reading and posting !!

Hardly rocket science!
Haha. "How dare you give a contrary opinon on the standard of our match reports, dont you realise how xenophobic we are"

Grow up.

I read it because I thought I'd get information on how last nights game was... I stopped half way through because rather than get that I was reading finny's slow break down into tears over an overtime loss.

If this is how its effected your organisation, I'd write off your season now, because it isnt going to get easier.

Did this sort of game report not happen last season when we all felt put out by Mike Hicks?

One minute ragan is saying we want everything more professional, then he wants it more fun but still professional now we have what appears to be fans writing the match reports and having other players commenting on how its less than professional.

When is ragan and his buddies going to start taking notice of the fans and actually speak to more than the ones he may or may not have working for him.

Whoever is actually giving him advice seems to not have the fanbase figured out themselves.

TheStub

Gospel said:
2 teams played so there will be 2 opinions. My opinion is that Darnell was poor throughout. The game was very physical and entertaining but a referee should not be a deciding factor in any sport.

Sad fact is yet again our PP was terrible, so far this season we have had 17 PP opportunities and scored 1 goal. last night we had a 5-3 and then 4-3 in OT and couldnt convert, thats not good enough at any level.

Voth was right to laugh and skate away from Keefe on both occasions he wanted to go, we didnt need the fight at those times. However in the 3rd when the tide had turned we needed a spark, whether we had the energy to do anything only the team will know. I love a fight just like anyone but more importantly i want the Devils to win. If that means no fights all season for some silverware then i can live with that.

There is still work to be done by the team and G will know that, there is a hell of a long way to go yet before the end of the season and im still sure we will be there or thereabouts at the end of it, even though yet again, some people still recko we will only finish 5th! :D :D :D
I agree - we lost the game not Darnell. The ref didn't help, but the team threw it away. He was consistently poor all game, and only had a truly awful spell at the end of the second which we somehow endured. After that our heads had gone, but we can't blame the ref at that point.

Gospel said:
The report on the Devils site is a true reflection of the game, whether it should have been published though is a matter for the club. If people dont like then they dont have to read it.
Not true. The club and it's website are official representatives of the club and the league. Everything published through there should be treated as an official report - and therefore should at least temper views and accusations. I agree with the writer of the piece, but I don't agree that the official club website is the place to do it. It is more a piece for a fan blog.

All that the club do by publishing that is further tarnish the image of the British game, make themselves look like amateurs and make the whole league think of us as moaning babies. The refs certainly aren't going to read it and think "you know what, I made a jolly bad go of that last game, I have seen the error of my ways and shall endeavour to call a better game next time".

TheStub

DevilsPete said:
Did this sort of game report not happen last season when we all felt put out by Mike Hicks?

One minute ragan is saying we want everything more professional, then he wants it more fun but still professional now we have what appears to be fans writing the match reports and having other players commenting on how its less than professional.

When is ragan and his buddies going to start taking notice of the fans and actually speak to more than the ones he may or may not have working for him.

Whoever is actually giving him advice seems to not have the fanbase figured out themselves.
Spot on.

Professional? Not by a long chalk.

A

Anonymous

Im finding all this a little odd. A match report is designed to "report" on the game and all its goings on. If controversial decisions are a factor (which they were, as anyone at the game will tell you) then why shouldn't they appear in a match report? OK, it might not of been written 100% professionally, but since when has this league or anything to do with it been professional ?

If your not interested in what actually happened during the game, then paint your own picture !

TheStub

Zed said:
Im finding all this a little odd. A match report is designed to "report" on the game and all its goings on. If controversial decisions are a factor (which they were, as anyone at the game will tell you) then why shouldn't they appear in a match report? OK, it might not of been written 100% professionally, but since when has this league or anything to do with it been professional ?

If your not interested in what actually happened during the game, then paint your own picture !
If we are admitting that we are not a professional league, let's send all the imports home and just go watch the ENL.

That match report is as damaging to the sport as Darnell's performance last night. If we want to have a professional sport, let's at least act like professionals. This isn't school, so let's not use playground excuses.

We are a professional club (or claim to be) so let's act in a professional manner.

TheStub said:
Not true. The club and it's website are official representatives of the club and the league. Everything published through there should be treated as an official report - and therefore should at least temper views and accusations. I agree with the writer of the piece, but I don't agree that the official club website is the place to do it. It is more a piece for a fan blog.

All that the club do by publishing that is further tarnish the image of the British game, make themselves look like amateurs and make the whole league think of us as moaning babies. The refs certainly aren't going to read it and think "you know what, I made a jolly bad go of that last game, I have seen the error of my ways and shall endeavour to call a better game next time".
Very true

TheStub said:
DevilsPete said:

Spot on.

Professional? Not by a long chalk.
So we get an extremely unprofessional piece of PR aimed squarely at the league & officials, just like this time last year. The leagues dirty washing should not be aired in this manner by anyone contracted to work for the club. There is obviously no governance or leadership to control this type of blunder

We have the club going bust with no sign of the season ticket money

We get a press release saying all the hangers on and do gooders have been got rid of and the business model has been re-hashed

All the "staff" that were supposed to be made redundant are still working for the club in various ways.

We have shirt collectors who put quite a bit of money into the club being treated with contempt by an "in joke" that seemed more of a set up then a "joke" that backfired

There will always be division and conflict within the fan base and towards others as long as the current administration carry on in this way. That really is enough for me, I'll leave it all alone until someone puts an end to all the bickering, divide and conquer tactics and the childish politics that are driving fans away!

i would rather we did sent most of the imports home and drop down to the same league as manchester this elite league is beyond a joke now and i for one will not waste a penny more watching this load of rubbish.why can't the devils tell it how it is it happens week in week out they must be getting really sick of it now.i will watch the enl devils from now on ive totally had enough of this so called elite league.

Randoms with an axe to grind coming out of woodwork when they sense a chink they can ram a wedge into. #ulteriormotive #predictable
From twitter but As predictable as your spectacularly backfiring joke last weekend???

Until you and others start becoming accountable for the actions your taking that are driving the fanbase apart do you really expect anything different???

Youve been very quiet since last weekend is that because now your working for the club again your not allowed to post on here????

A

Anonymous

Zed said:
Talk about bad losers
Yes and you all took your defeat to Shuff with such grace ... :lol:

Zed you were obviously at the game (as you like to remind everyone else who arent allowed an opinion). But you obviously werent at the Giants v Shuff game where you seem to be aware of a lack of grace from the Giants Fans.

Now if you read post on Kingdom then you would have seen that a lot of us were annoyed at the performance but I think you will find it hard to find any gurning about refs (in fact quite a few mentioned he had a good game). You will also i can guarantee you find no-one having the audacity or indeed the sheer ignorance to suggest that the referee was bribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.