Devils v Giants - 10/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Giants - 10/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Upd

giantsrus said:
first of many long away trips, Dundee next week ;)
Come and say hi... I'll be stood at the top of the steps between block 1 and 2.

Giants beat Hull 5 3 tonight, we were 5 1 up and eased up a bit thinking it was over and Hull got a couple back but the win was never in doubt.

Our team is very fast and very gritty and wont mind the battle in the bay unlike previous Giants teams, Keefe will hit everything that moves and Lloyd has the ability to draw penalties.

We are not the biggest side so really use our speed to our advantage, could get physical in the small rink looking forward to following the updates.

If your interested new Giants players to watch
Rebek-D
LeBlanc-F
Keefe-F
and LLoyd-F(most likley hate figure after gamne tonight lol)

Hoping for a good game looking forward to tuning in to MNL

jester said:
If your interested new Giants players to watch
Rebek-D
LeBlanc-F
Keefe-F
and LLoyd-F(most likley hate figure after gamne tonight lol)

Hoping for a good game looking forward to tuning in to MNL
You forgot to add

Kuiper - D
Digard - D
Doucet - F

I'm going for a narrow Giants win 3.2

The giants look like they will be taking the panthers dirtiest team in the league crown this season. Every player hooks, slashes and cross checks off the puck.

Sorry for the double post but after a good game last week apart from the made up tripping call darnell is having a laugh tonight.

He just doesnt seem to be able to call a game with a dirty team like giants. Twice keefe has dropped the gloves and voth has played sensible to draw the penalty and keefe gets nothing. Then we look at someone and get 2 minutes.

Bring back Nigel!!!

TheStub

Darnell has lost control of this match. Giants are playing dirty and it is working for them.

We need to settle down, but at least we aren't taking retaliation penalties - just fictional ones.

TheStub

Can't really blame Darnell. Once we got caught in the normal Darnell penalty cycle we lost the mental edge.

The play got messy and we made mistake after mistake. We end up chasing and chasing.

Feel wound up by the reffing, but we should have seen it coming and dealt with it better.

Darnell was rubbish! You can say can't blame him, but calling a penalty on voth for not fighting or doin anything??

Also if you drop gloves don't you get 10 mins for instigating? I believe keefe did it twice? But correct me if I'm wrong

Sounded like a great game. Cant believe we come away with 2 points after a shocking start.
Do you guys provide highlights? Sounded a very exciting game.

TheStub

philuk20 said:
Sounded like a great game. Cant believe we come away with 2 points after a shocking start.
Do you guys provide highlights? Sounded a very exciting game.
Highlights will probably be up on Monday or Tuesday.

Can't say they'd really show the true game though. Giants are very good at trailing the sticks - and are masters of the subtle hold and tug.

TheStub

Ingramator said:
Darnell was rubbish! You can say can't blame him, but calling a penalty on voth for not fighting or doin anything??

Also if you drop gloves don't you get 10 mins for instigating? I believe keefe did it twice? But correct me if I'm wrong
I thought that.

Also, if you bearhug a player after dropping the gloves thus preventing him joining play - surely that is holding with maybe an instigator?

How do not retaliating constitute roughing?

Grabbing a puck and dropping to your own stick count as a hand pass?

Score a goal with men stood in the crease?

And on the Davies minor, I thought the puck hit the plexi?

Status
Not open for further replies.