Devils v Giants - 04/12 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

A

Anonymous

Long may Cardiff continue to hand our asses to us if we can continue coming away from the Big Blue Hovel with the same scoreline. Apart from the scoreline the other good news is that Finny will never have problems with his gall bladder or ass with the amount of ****

Your one and only warning. Next time = banned

Finny said:
Considering how critical Christiansen has been of fans comments on forums, I wonder what he will say about this from Keefe on twitter tonight:
Well that's 3for3 in the BBT. I didn't know that building could fit that many mutants in it. Impressive. #thisistheyear
Totally agree with the general view. Top Game tonight. Jeff Pierce's goal was pure class. The score totally flattered the Giants. Ref assited. I'd settle for that level of commitment every week.
As to the comments above. The only mutant tonight was you Mr Keefe. Gutless cheap shot, stick happy Jerk.On top of which, at every opportunity the Guy goaded the crowd. Vother's gave you a bit of a lesson in how to scrap.
Expect a "warm welcome" next time Fellas.

steve

Thank god for the giants - finally something galvanised our guys and got them paying like a team. Really enjoyed tonight despite the loss.

The Small One said:
Pelle and keefe deserved every thing Brad dished out and are getting their deserts off fans now and rightly so.

It sounds a bit more like "sour grapes" where Pelle is concerened, I think people just need to move on and accept the fact that he has gone to the Giants![/quote]

Not at all as a previous comment states it was cardiff that gave Jon a chance in the UK and the way he has come back is atrocious!
The hit on hill after he scored the goal was disgusting and rightly deserved the right hook of brad.
The highlight of the night was pelle and a few others in mcdonalds Cardiff bay and the team coach Heading along the M4 motorway.
If only brad had known :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finny

The Small One said:
It sounds a bit more like "sour grapes" where Pelle is concerened, I think people just need to move on and accept the fact that he has gone to the Giants!
Would I be wrong if I had a wild stab in the dark, and suggested you are a Belfast fan who wasn't at the game and don't know what actually happened tonight?

TheStub

If Keefe is reacting to the crowds on going mental on twitter - we won. His head now belongs to us.

To take it any further would make him feel like he won some sort of victory through his actions.

Ger-Devils

Despite the scoreline, a very good game.

The team played hard, physical and this is what we've lacked as of late. If we keep putting these shifts in and keep doing it every game, I think most of us will walk away happy fans. Getting the win would be even better.

Bring on Dundee

Finny

thunder_rd said:
Unless we play them in the CC though, I think that's the last time we play them at home this season?
Which is a shame. As others have said, disappointed we lost but really enjoyed the game and hope the team show the same desire and passion for the rest of the season.

I don't comment on here very much these days but after watching one of the best game I've seen in ages and looking at a few of the comments on here I thought I'll say my piece - Tonight the result didn't matter - as in the past 25 years of supporting the Devils I've always said I support the team as long as they give 100% win or lose - tonight they gave more, above and beyond the call of duty - 100% commitment, absolutely fantastic game involving two teams who neither gave or asked any quarter - I'm SO proud of all the Devils on the ice tonight - they wore the shirt with pride!

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Giants - 04/12 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Upd

The Small One said:
Pelle and keefe deserved every thing Brad dished out and are getting their deserts off fans now and rightly so.
It sounds a bit more like "sour grapes" where Pelle is concerened, I think people just need to move on and accept the fact that he has gone to the Giants!
There was animosity directed towards him until the crosscheck on Hilly after Hilly had scored. It was completely cynical and the crowd would have turned on any player had they done the same.

If this were the NHL I'd expect a fine to be levied. He blindsided the player after the whistle and the goal had been scored.

If Pelle had remembered his stool it may have even been a dangerous hit.

KEVIN said:
The Small One said:

Not at all as a previous comment states it was cardiff that gave Jon a chance in the UK and the way he has come back is atrocious!
The hit on hill after he scored the goal was disgusting and rightly deserved the right hook of brad.
The highlight of the night was pelle and a few others in mcdonalds Cardiff bay and the team coach Heading along the M4 motorway.
If only brad had known :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Am I wrong but haven't loads of other players gone to other clubs?! Didn't Shane Johnson play in Cardiff after playing with the Giants for quite a few years? Don't remember the Giants fans giving him the ammount of abuse the Devils fans are giving Pelle - It's just very embarrassing!!!

So you think its ok if a player cross checks another player after he scores a goal??? I would expect any player who done that to get grief from the crowd. I'm sorry but there was no need for it and if it was vies versa, I would expect the giant fans to be as outraged as the Devils fans were.

Finny said:
thunder_rd said:
Unless we play them in the CC though, I think that's the last time we play them at home this season?
Which is a shame. As others have said, disappointed we lost but really enjoyed the game and hope the team show the same desire and passion for the rest of the season.
Pity they won't be back. But we do have a long memory!

TheStub

Hopefully not that long.

Tonight's game was great - tough a physical. I feel that scores were settled on the ice and words were had. Giants game are always great to watch... now we have to avenge them sweeping us at home. Sweeping them in the O would be a good start.

It'll be interesting to see how big a boo Pelle gets at Stevie's testamonial. (Hopefully not much)

great game, well done lads, as above etc, as for j p, we / i spent a bomb following you and supporting you, paying for your college stuff etc so you can better your self when you retire etc and yes u can have a go at us on twiter saying we ve never played the game so we dont know wot its like, well thats great too, free speach and all that but i ve supported cardiff city and the devils since the 60 s missing only the odd game, so i put it you jon, you dont know wot its like to support your home town teams for the best part of 40 years, having to put up with some of the twonks that come along from time to time. we cant just up sticks and support a n arena team, we are wot we are and that is that, ware as you as a player can show no loyalty if you so wish and go for the money or wot ever, your choice , but if you decide to come back here and act like a spoilt brat, then dont expect a warm welcome from me. i could go on but have to get to bed as i have to work 6 and a half days a week so to earn the readys to help keep this sport going, as you know most of that is players wages

Well done Devils it sounds like it was a great game last night. Keep it up for the rest of the season.

For those of you complaining about the grief Pelle is getting. It's not because he left us for another team. Loads of players over the years have left us and received a very warm welcome back - when I first started watching 15 years ago this is how I learnt who were ex-Devils players. When Pelle scored in a previous game he over-celebrated and to hit a former team mate not even during play just because he scored is disgusting. Devils fans can disappointedly accept he moved on but his behaviour in front of fans who gave him so much support last season is unbelieveable.

Mooney#16

People are being a little hypocritical to demand the highest possible level of class and conduct but then show they are incapable of doing so themselves. Do struggle to see the point of engaging with them on twitter etc. All they are doing is laughing at peoples expence. If I'm honest I know I would.

The reality is Giants play a very cynical style of hockey. It's hard to criticise as they are winning and they top the league so credit to them for that but they do stretch sportsmanship. Oh for no instigater rule. Pelle was cheap but Hilly should have gone after him if he was that annoyed. One thing I did notice on that note. Pelle doesn't do his fight strap up. If you want him out get one of the kids out and just drop them and jersey him. Simple as. He's out. Take the cynicism to the next level and see if they are willing to go there.

Felt sympathy for Devils as they played hard and left it all on the ice so you can't demand more than that from the players. Classic professional sports contest really the margin between winning and loosing was a fine one and but for a couple of decisions they would have won. Matzka was very impressive have to say. As far as two way play goes he ticks all the boxes.

One criticism is the powerplay. They are doing some very weird things. There is a reluctance to shoot from the point and I appreciate you want to wait for the screen to form but the opposition goalie has to see more rubber. They are playing a high umbrela to allow two guys down low but if the shot isn't taken it is not working. To many times a cross ice pass is going wing to centre point and getting poked. I personnally would rather a more conventional two high men as the wing to point pass is shorter and less easily picked off with it directed more rearwards than sideways. I just think the set up is wrong for the angle of pass they are trying to make.

Earnie

I hope PR enjoyed that game and appreciates the fight his boys put up when short staffed by 2 important D men. Not a time for making cuts Paul - games like that get the bums back on seats despite the loss.

There was a visiting Canadian sitting behind me and he commented that he had never seen such a poor level of refereeing!