Devils v Flyers - 23/02 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
benh84 said:
How important can that point be considering we were missing a complete line? Level on points and games with Coventry and two games over Hull. Time to get behind the boys.
Don't think that's quite right.
2 points still behind Coventry with same games played.
2 points behind Hull with 2 games in hand.
4 points in front of Fyfe having played one more game.

Tough games for all four teams in the coming 10 days. Coventry and Fyfe have to play Belfast although at home. Cardiff have 3 tough games in 4 days which include away games to Nottingham and Sheffield and a crunch home game on Saturday March 1st (St David's Day)
Both Hull and Fyfe have Dundee at home during this time
Taking into account our injury list I would agree it is very much squeaky bum time and a time very much for getting behind the team. :oops:
Come on you Cardiff Devils ! :Banana

DevilDom

Amazepux said:
by all accounts on social media the ref was a homer..our players can get frustrated at bonkers calls fom inept refs..they are seriously ruining the games for all teams..P45s needed
Given these comments I can only assume you didn't watch the game.

The 2 calls at the end of the game which seemed to upset some of the Fife players so much were the most blatant and easy things Dean Smith had to call all night.

The holding call on Roehl was right in front of Smith and he gave him plenty of time to let go before he called it and the delay of game on Regan which resulted in the penalty was also obvious and somewhat needless with only 10 seconds to go. I assume he was certain Devils were going to score but to me that didn't look clear.

Overall I thought Fife deserved the two points although the Devils deserved something given their efforts with 6 men out.

Nickerson was a right tool at the end, however when your assistant coach gets chucked for constantly mouthing off at the ref then I guess he doesn't have a great example to follow.

One good thing about Devils having a pretty pants season is at least all the games until the end of the year will be exciting. Flyers can definitely overtake us if we don't pick up some results soon, although we can hold them off and overtake both Hull and Coventry if we can string a little run together.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #44
I'm not sure if people are posting from phones or something, but the report post feature isn't a way of replying to this thread or any of the others.

Ernie, I can't send a pm to you from my phone but I'm guessing you were trying to reply rather than report a post, but there's no way to move what you typed back onto the forum when you've submitted it as a report from here.

KaneDevils

DevilDom said:
Amazepux said:
by all accounts on social media the ref was a homer..our players can get frustrated at bonkers calls fom inept refs..they are seriously ruining the games for all teams..P45s needed
Given these comments I can only assume you didn't watch the game.

The 2 calls at the end of the game which seemed to upset some of the Fife players so much were the most blatant and easy things Dean Smith had to call all night.

The holding call on Roehl was right in front of Smith and he gave him plenty of time to let go before he called it and the delay of game on Regan which resulted in the penalty was also obvious and somewhat needless with only 10 seconds to go. I assume he was certain Devils were going to score but to me that didn't look clear.

Overall I thought Fife deserved the two points although the Devils deserved something given their efforts with 6 men out.

Nickerson was a right tool at the end, however when your assistant coach gets chucked for constantly mouthing off at the ref then I guess he doesn't have a great example to follow.

One good thing about Devils having a pretty pants season is at least all the games until the end of the year will be exciting. Flyers can definitely overtake us if we don't pick up some results soon, although we can hold them off and overtake both Hull and Coventry if we can string a little run together.
Can't highlight relevant line from device, but delay of game penalties are 99·9% accidental. The player doesn't hit the puck out deliberately. More of a misjudgment when clearing the zone.

Earnie

Chris said:
I'm not sure if people are posting from phones or something, but the report post feature isn't a way of replying to this thread or any of the others.

Ernie, I can't send a on to you from my phone but I'm guessing you were trying to reply rather than report a post, but there's no way to move what you typed back onto the forum when you've submitted it as a report.

Thanks Chris!
I was wondering where it went?

H

Amazepux said:
Well Social Media is garbage then. The only issue the Flyers had in the first 2 periods was a couple of ropey calls by the lino. Other than that they were quite happy to be a goal up and the ref was their friend!

Unfortunatley the calls at the end of the game were spot on and they all knew they should have buried this game well before then. Hence their frustrations.

Overall the Flyers deserved the victory, but they tried very hard to throw it away against a Devils side massively short of skaters.

Hey ho.....with 10 seconds to go we had 0 points. We came away with the 1 point. Job done IMHO and hopefully we get some players back and fit during this week.

Didn't catch too much of what when at the end. But if you blatantly remove the net in the last two minutes of a game then you will get that call. To throw your dummies out after still getting the 2 points speaks volumes of your players.

You won...the crowd didn't make the decisions. No point making rude and obscence gestures towards them.

Any attitude from the crowd came after the behaviour of the Flyers players after handshakes. Go figure!

Skippy

Earnie said:
Thanks Chris!
I was wondering where it went?
H

I'd PM'd asking you the same thing as your report baffled me greatly..

What you'd said was

Earnie said:
First period in my view was about absorbing the pressure that was undoubtably going to come and that's what we did ending one down to ppg.

After that we turned on some heat in our limited way due to missing so many of our players. To finally take a point was great and it could have been two. Fife goalie trying to be a smart arse at the end was their undoing and the referee got it spot on.

Everyone ,incl the ref, was having a poke at Plumton and he wound them up in grand fashion. Glad he got MoM.

I am proud of the team and their effort. I do hope some of our casualties mend very soon !

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
Can't highlight relevant line from device, but delay of game penalties are 99·9% accidental. The player doesn't hit the puck out deliberately. More of a misjudgment when clearing the zone.
:? I'm talking about Regan delibrately knocking the net off. Nothing to do with hitting the puck out of play.

James

Administrator
Regans stick was well and truly jammed in the netting and he yanked until the net came off the moorings. His intent may not have been to knock the net off but his deliberate actions caused it to come off. Thems the breaks. I assume it also damaged the stick hence why it snapped

Ocko

Nickerson not only gestured to fans but he also called a fan (somewhere in between block 3 and 4) a homophobic word as he was walking off. In such a PC world calling someone a "******* fat *inset homophobic slur relating to a popular British pork product* " would undoubtedly be taken very seriously should the fan or anyone else offended choose to report it.

Its more of an 'unpopular British offal product', but pedantry aside its not a great thing to call someone and that should be looked at.

KaneDevils

DevilDom said:
KaneDevils said:
:? I'm talking about Regan delibrately knocking the net off. Nothing to do with hitting the puck out of play.
:lol: Apologies. I wrongfully assumed the delay of game mentioned was from hitting puck out of play.

I take it then that the cardiff fans are innocent of sledging players on the ice..i didnt realise that you play in a church where only the pleasant polite fans drink tea & cucumber sarnies! I actually enjoy it when an oppo player 'gives it back' If it were me would i would reciprocate in kind...seems like u dont 'like it up ye'

Ocko

Amazepux said:
I take it then that the cardiff fans are innocent of sledging players on the ice..i didnt realise that you play in a church where only the pleasant polite fans drink tea & cucumber sarnies! I actually enjoy it when an oppo player 'gives it back' If it were me would i would reciprocate in kind...seems like u dont 'like it up ye'
It doesn't bother me in the slightest either, I actually think it's funny when fans have a bit of banter with the players and likewise if its given back. Fulton is a perfect example, pointing at the fan(s) who were giving him a bit of stick and letting them know that one for for them - that sort of banter is brilliant. But the comments from Nickerson could be incredibly offensive to someone, just like a sexist or racist comment might. We live in a very PC society...

I'm not offended, I very rarely am, I don't think the person in question was either or at least didn't show it or didn't even realise (maybe he didn't believe he could be on the end of a fat comment :lol: ), but as a professional player he should know better with certain comments.

i think youd struggle to find a PC crowd ocko..maybe he should have let it go..fans need to realise that if they give it out they should have the expectation to.. get some back...remember the fans are also liable and should be warned or banned for such language...but noone wants to go down that road.

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
i think youd struggle to find a PC crowd ocko..maybe he should have let it go..fans need to realise that if they give it out they should have the expectation to.. get some back...remember the fans are also liable and should be warned or banned for such language...but noone wants to go down that road.
Don't you think some of the fans do it in order to get the player to react and therefore get chucked out... Fans can play the 'agitator' roll too! I'd be quite happy to take the abuse back as a fan if it meant the opposing player got thrown out... He's a professional sportsman however and he should be able to act like one! It's a good point for the Devil's anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.