Devils v Flyers - 15/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ Will be hosting this game and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

5th game of the season between the two teams, with the Devils having won all previous games! The latest result saw us win 1-3 in Fife a month ago, hopefully another win to help separate us from the Blaze and Clan...

Even after going 2 nil down i never thought we would lose this game but all respect to Fife they battled all the way . I must say whoever booked a midweek game with a Scottish team needs a kick up the butt.

Skippy

Re: Re: Devils v Flyers - 15/02 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Upd

dmd said:
Even after going 2 nil down i never thought we would lose this game but all respect to Fife they battled all the way . I must say whoever booked a midweek game with a Scottish team needs a kick up the butt.
You've more faith than me clearly :)

Fife have an awesome goaly.. honestly though he'd win it for them for a while there

Skippy, agree with you they do have an awesome Goalie we talked about him all night wondered what he could do on a top 4 team .

TheStub

Although we seemed to have the better possession, Fife had the better chances. Some huge defensive lapses from Devils, we were lucky not to have been 3 or 4 down. I lost count of the number of dangerous turnovers and 2 on 1s we gave up.

Devils certainly didn't look ready to play, and much like the Caps game we took our time to get into the game. Once we drew level, we were in control but it didn't look comfortable. If Fife can build (and their attendances would suggest they should be able to) they will be a force in this league.

voth26

after we went 2 down I did think it was going to be one of those nights, zemlak made quite a few saves he shouldnt have!!. i normally sit down but decided to stand last night it's surprising what you dont see on the ice when you sit. if i'm honest i wouldnt mind zemlak in a devils shirt if stevie decides to call it a day next season,
for me zemlak is an aggressive nettie and a bit fiesty a bit like aubry was and he constanstly moves around his crease even when the play is up ice,
pierce yet again deserved his mom, vanderveeken who i like needs to step up his physical side there were a few times when i thought he would plant a player in the boards but didnt having said that i would have him on d next yr. ritchie had another good game and deserved his goal again he's a must for next yr without a doubt

Bit annoying Devils don't put something on their website about delay - surely they would have know this even say an hour before face off. Me and the misses rushed down after work getting there 'just in time' only to be told it wasn't starting for another 45 minutes.

As for the game, I actually thought we had quitea few chances in the first and should never have ended it 2-0 down. As others have said, their goalie was awesome although I think we did miss a couple of chances he wouldn't have saved. Was fearing the worst after first period having seen Devils lose the last 3 games I've attended whilst they've won the last 2 I missed - was starting to think I was cursed. All good in the end though. Perice played really well - he appears to be able to put in big hits as well. In fact, there were more big hits by the Devils last night than I remember in a while.

Will be interesting to see the footage from the refs Helmet-Cam.

I too am looking forward to Ref-Cam. I wonder if it comes with sound...

Enjoyable game. I love a come-back even if we shouldn't have really got into that position. The Devils frustrated at times especially in the 1st. Zemlak is a.may.zing. He put on a real show tonight. Slightly unusual style at times but great work in the net.

I forgot to mention Pierce... What have they done with the old Pierce? Who's this replacement? Tylor in a Wig? :lol: Not quite, but we're really seeing more to this guys game at the mo. Last night he was throwing big hits all over the ice and making chances for himself and others (and i think he iced for the full 60 minutes too). He's still silky but now he's gritty too. Thats what spending a season at the BBT will do to someone.

very good game ,fife wanted to to out play and out hit us and they did,always seemed to have more players on ice. we could not move into clear space.new we would win but not sure when .best part for me zemlak getting his leg halfway over the boards and going back to net,did not deserve that,
many thanks to happy scottish fans .....

dave

Mark666 said:

Had a look at some of the footage last night..
It really is quite stunning (full HD) and looking forward to seeing the final edits.
We have another of the cameras on way. They do have sound and you can add mics as well for better sound capture.
Only thing we can not do is get a live feed (YET) as that would be amazing.

The camera is a GOPRO HD Hero 2

Ger-Devils

dave said:
Mark666 said:

Had a look at some of the footage last night..
It really is quite stunning (full HD) and looking forward to seeing the final edits.
We have another of the cameras on way. They do have sound and you can add mics as well for better sound capture.
Only thing we can not do is get a live feed (YET) as that would be amazing.

The camera is a GOPRO HD Hero 2
Maybe a slight edit needed when a certain player and his colorful language let rip....... :lol:

jimmy snels

Mark666 said:
Enjoyable game. I love a come-back even if we shouldn't have really got into that position. The Devils frustrated at times especially in the 1st. Zemlak is a.may.zing. He put on a real show tonight. Slightly unusual style at times but great work in the net.
i would honestly be very happy if we had Zemlak in nets next year, i think with a better team infront of him we would be very hard to beat