Devils v Flames - Challenge Cup 26/10

Mazzoak

I wonder how some who long for changes to the roster would respond to being man managed in such a way in their respective fields. I’d wager there is many a hypocrite lurking behind their keyboards.
Not long.

My performance and those of the team l work on is judged by our performance figures, daily. The owners l work with pride themselves on giving value for money to the clients they take money from & take a very dim view when that standard drops.

jenks33

Another poor weekend results wise. The excuse of the CHL being a distraction to our domestic form doesn’t really wash now I’m afraid. We desperately need to find a lot more in the coming weeks or it could look bleak by the end of November. We have Belfast x2, Sheffield x2 and away games against Fife, Guildford and Glasgow in the next 5 weeks. Time for certain players to step it up

Gisland

What a shower of shit from players and officials.[/QUOTE]

No idea how the Devils played but to have 3100 attend a CC game on a Sunday is nothing to be sniffed at

Rich Best

So because your playing poor it’s fine is it?
That must be the reason players love playing here because they know if they play poor there job is safe.

we have been winning because star men like Martin bowns and Fournier are getting the poor playing players out of jail!
My point was - again - that the strategy hasn't worked out badly over the last 5 years has it?

BostonBart22

Thread starter #69
lot more effort by the devils tonight , fullerton massive saves during game and OT, but oh the officials missed hell of a lot, didnt miss the elbow by jardine though, could be a ban by dops looking at it..

So because your playing poor it’s fine is it?
That must be the reason players love playing here because they know if they play poor there job is safe.

we have been winning because star men like Martin bowns and Fournier are getting the poor playing players out of jail!
Actually going to agree, aggression was upped today but it was awful. Good to see block 13 preforming well mind.c
lot more effort by the devils tonight , fullerton massive saves during game and OT, but oh the officials missed hell of a lot, didnt miss the elbow by jardine though, could be a ban by dops looking at it..
Another needless penalty given away by 77 also how many times does he want to be out of position needlessly chasing dumped pucks into the opposition end he had a mare

CaldicotDevil

Fourns could be in front of the DOPS as well. Not sure what set him off but must’ve been something, so out of character for him.

What bugs me about the officials is no matter how bad they are there’s no accountability. They just get another 2 gigs the week after.

Hedd Wyn John

Fourns could be in front of the DOPS as well. Not sure what set him off but must’ve been something, so out of character for him.

What bugs me about the officials is no matter how bad they are there’s no accountability. They just get another 2 gigs the week after.
That cross check from Fournier was silly and needless. Players need to keep their cool, especially when officials are garbage.

terry hunt

I will be surprised if there is a review because the officials ignored the penalty on Jardine preceding the elbow.
Lord will not complain i think the Devils have a policy of not requesting reviews just taking the punishment dished out.
Not wishing to be paranoid but it does seem Hogarth has a problem with the Devils.

Wannabe2

I will be surprised if there is a review because the officials ignored the penalty on Jardine preceding the elbow.
Lord will not complain i think the Devils have a policy of not requesting reviews just taking the punishment dished out.
Not wishing to be paranoid but it does seem Hogarth has a problem with the Devils.
Good luck tomorrow buddy, hope everything goes good, will be with you in spirit.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Thread starter #77

Think fourns was annoyed the flames player dived looking for a penalty and got it, then the red mist set in..

voth26

Actually going to agree, aggression was upped today but it was awful. Good to see block 13 preforming well mind.c

Another needless penalty given away by 77 also how many times does he want to be out of position needlessly chasing dumped pucks into the opposition end he had a mare
If either ref and I use that description as loosely as possible had made the call on the flames player for either hooking, slashing or holding/pulling Jardines shirt then he wouldn't have been frustrated and lashed out. A lot of the Devil's players were clearly frustrated tonight by the performance of the 2 inept Muppets dressed up as officials.