Devils v Flames - Challenge Cup 26/10

august04

Guildford are a strong team and we’ve never found it easy against them, home or away. Need a bounce back win tomorrow and I think we’ll get it - and that would be CC qualification secured, wouldn’t it? It’s a joke of a competition anyway this year, shame as I’ve always enjoyed it but qualification this year is farcical.

Wannabe2

Great comeback by storm, after losing 5-1, Giants playing poor, Steelers losing at home and brought back down to earth, Clan beaten by Stars showing that anyone can beat anyone, please take note of that doubters, anyone can beat anyone. We lost tonight to a very good Flames team that will win a ton of games. And a quick note for the realist, your only here once buddy try enjoying the ride, it will be gone in the blink of an eye.

Devilsatw

Great comeback by storm, after losing 5-1, Giants playing poor, Steelers losing at home and brought back down to earth, Clan beaten by Stars showing that anyone can beat anyone, please take note of that doubters, anyone can beat anyone. We lost tonight to a very good Flames team that will win a ton of games. And a quick note for the realist, your only here once buddy try enjoying the ride, it will be gone in the blink of an eye.
As mentioned before I have seen it all as a devils fan! Protesting in. Nottingham town centre. Regean stringer pen shot win in the wnir. Then being turned away at the bbt for our first home game down the bay because the ice wasn’t ready. I have seen us get mugged off by Paul ragan for over a year or 2 then the good times under the new ownership witnessing back to back league and playoff victories.

Thanks

kingmo19.1

As mentioned before I have seen it all as a devils fan! Protesting in. Nottingham town centre. Regean stringer pen shot win in the wnir. Then being turned away at the bbt for our first home game down the bay because the ice wasn’t ready. I have seen us get mugged off by Paul ragan for over a year or 2 then the good times under the new ownership witnessing back to back league and playoff victories.

Thanks
Finding a cloud in every silver lining, I was curious whether anything impressed you during that time ?? :)

ASHIPP

The CC format this year is farcical but let's be honest, it's a competition the Devils have struggled in over the last couple of years anyway. It doesn't gain you entry into the CHL which is what the Club badly wants every year.

The league results already showing how improved teams are and that it will be a hard graft against any team this year. Only the most consistent team that will win it. Let's hope the Devils can build and maintain. some consistency to get what they want at the end of the season.

kettdevil1

Hopefully, someone at the game can give us an update later on how we played tonight.
The injury to Reddick meant that the game felt pretty irrelevant so it is a difficult question to answer but I will give it a go.
This game pretty much mirrored most of the away games this season, we looked the better team for long periods but too many players are going rogue for it to be an easy ride. This time it was a brain fade by Louis, a few forwards trying to do too much and some bad luck that cost us.
2-1 feels harsh on us but I am struggling to pinpoint exactly why we are playing very well.... in bursts.... my best guess is that we have had far more injuries than previous years and that has meant that lines have not been as settled as you would like and also, there are too many players who are not playing well at the moment, and the problem is that it is revolving cast of who is not playing well...
On the plus side Haddad has been outstanding in each away game I have seen this month whilst Jardine, who was all at sea in Nottingham, had a MUCH better game.
Not a bad game from the Devils at all, just a bit.... frustrating

Diablo3

Would love to hear your thoughts next time in in town. Seems like you have some other ideas.
Keep it going the way it is Steve. I'm quite happy with us moving up to second in the league without playing a league game. Much rather lose an unimportant group game than a league one. ;)

osh

Made the trip for this game as staying with friends from Guildford. The Reddick incident took a lot from the game but let’s face it, we are playing poorly at this time. I don’t care for the CC competition ( not even when we have won it ) it’s there as an infill and meaningless in my opinion. Having said that, it looked pretty meaningless to the players out there tonight also. Won’t be at the game tomorrow, but I hope our home fans get to see a better performance than what was on show tonight.