Devils v Clan - 22/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

DevilDom said:
Unfortunately, I fear that a large proportion of this team will not be back next year.

I think Voth will call it day because he wants to settle down. Matzka, Pelle, Mccrae and Mark Smith are all here on 1 year Uni deals so once they are complete it will be difficult to entice them to stay. Weller may be back in 2 or 3 years time but i very much doubt he will be next year.

We should enjoy it while it lasts because next year will be a whole new team again, IMO.
I'm afraid this will probably happen as well. Definitely enjoy it whilst we can because it's going to be tough to get new players as good as these ones! Who knows though

I would like to think that with weller going and maybe g going to the bench? that would be all the imports we lose. We have an awesome team this year all doing what they need to. OK then have good days and they have bad but in all from the slow start to now we have good chemistry and would not want to lose too many to disrupt that. we still imo need a big d man, sawyer was excellent and if weller went would love to have him back.
BUT.... i cant see pelle staying a second year numbers way too good(is it him or his line?? bit of both i think), kinda like Jon Cullen with remple and matsos!
If we kept the second and third line (if you can call them that) would be very happy with that!!

wildthing74

Qweeb said:
I would like to think that with weller going and maybe g going to the bench? that would be all the imports we lose. We have an awesome team this year all doing what they need to. OK then have good days and they have bad but in all from the slow start to now we have good chemistry and would not want to lose too many to disrupt that. we still imo need a big d man, sawyer was excellent and if weller went would love to have him back.
I was just about to say that as I'd be more than happy with that.Where is Deviltorn when you need him to come and shoot us both down for both having that opinion?

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #45
I was just about to say that as I'd be more than happy with that.Where is Deviltorn when you need him to come and shoot us both down for both having that opinion?
He's banned, although all his other user accounts keep calling me a liar for saying that, so they're slowly being banned as well :)

I'd quite happily have Sawyer back if/when we lose Weller. Only issuer would be whether we could avoid the problem that saw him leave us in the first place...

Chris.

But its the truth the reason Weller work because its Weller does not need to drop them and he is head and shuolders above the rest of the league!!!

If we win the league, I think we will lose Voth, Pelle, Matzka, Tylor, Hill and Finnerty.[/quote]

Voth i think would leave end of season even though i hope he wont, Pelle as i have said too good same as matzka, The other's a pay rise for tylor could keep him here the next mayor of cardiff with his gritty style, Hill is our best british player he left once would be surprise if the club let him go and did not replace with the like of myers of phillips, finnerty another vezio hopefully here for a while.

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
It has been kinda quiet around here without him and I miss him in a funny sort of sadistic way. Ah well - at least i don't get silly pm's anymore that i'm blocked from replying too!

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
mazza03 said:
I think Voth is back to his old fantastic self, I hope he is back next season along with the rest of the team.
Unfortunately, I fear that a large proportion of this team will not be back next year.

I think Voth will call it day because he wants to settle down. Matzka, Pelle, Mccrae and Mark Smith are all here on 1 year Uni deals so once they are complete it will be difficult to entice them to stay. Weller may be back in 2 or 3 years time but i very much doubt he will be next year.

We should enjoy it while it lasts because next year will be a whole new team again, IMO.
Inevitably, some won't be back because success will bring attention and other offers. Some perhaps signed because of the MBA opportunity initially. From the way they talk, it's clear that all the players are happy here and it seems well looked after. Not something that can be said about too many clubs in the EIHL.
Hopefully G and the Club can use all their powers of persuasion and negociation to secure as many as possible of our magnificent team to return next year. It would be a fantastic achievement. :cool:
In the meantime, let's continue enjoying the ride with them this season. :D

Same for most teams, most players stay a year in the EIHL then want to move up to other leagues in europe or back home if they cant.

Cant see Gleed staying here in Belfast, he is one of a few I would have back in a heart beat. He will surely get a better offer elsewhere or maybe back to the AHL.

well even if some of the imports leave at the end of the season whats to say G cant replace them with top players like he did at the begining of this season if any thing it will be easer to tempt better players if you can pick up some silverwear this season

when does the transfer window close in hockey?

Gazza272

devson said:
well even if some of the imports leave at the end of the season whats to say G cant replace them with top players like he did at the begining of this season if any thing it will be easer to tempt better players if you can pick up some silverwear this season

January 31st

ASHIPP

devson said:

In preparation for any possible league changes to import limits next year, there might be a need for more British players on the roster. Both PR and G have already stated that several British players are being monitored. That could mean players from other EIHL teams, or EPL......or ENL.

Gospel

I think its fair to say Weller wont be with us next season so we will need a new D man, if G stays on the bench then thats 2 D we will need.

If the qouta for imports is cut and more british players are needed by us, who would be a good signing or who would you like to see signed by us?

Any suggestions????

ASHIPP

Ben O'Connor when/if he returns from France (originally from Capitals - played for Blaze ) :cool:
Adam Walker from Braehead Clan.