Devils v Clan - 22/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils should be at full strength, although Matzka seemed a bit dodgy on Wednesday, it was supposedly only a dead leg so hopefully he'll be back to awesomeness for this game :)

Clan are also at full strength, although they also recently had a Brit leave and sign for an EPL team, in this case for Slough, they do have a full import quota however...

This will be only the 3rd game between the two teams, with the Devils having won the previous two encounters 5-3 and most recently 0-4 up in Braehead!

Hopefully the Devils can get back to winning ways with this encounter, with Sheffield and Belfast still very close to us in the table, 2pts would certainly be welcome :D

Skippy has put a match preview up on the frontpage, or you can find it by clicking the following link - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk

Chris.

James

Administrator
ASHIPP said:
John Connolly has joined Slough. Kevin Phillips (British D) has left for Australia.
If Kevin Phillips is going to Australia to play wont he not be going till April though when their season starts.

ASHIPP

For anyone interested, the Clan have won 8 out of their last 10 games, including AWAY games at Nottingham and Belfast, and Coventry at Braehead Arena. Along with Steelers and the Devils, they have had the most consistent run of results in the last few weeks. :eek:

Gunna be tough...

I remember Braehead played a tough game last time down here. They've won in Belfast, Sheffield and Nottingham (twice!). They seem to play better on the road than at home....

We've got to take our chances tonight... with Belfast playing Sheffield, somebody has gotta slip up and we need to take advantage.

DevilDom

Well if we play like we have in our last 2 home games there is a good chance our luck will run out and we'll lose. We've played get out of jail free cards in both those games and managed to get away with it.

However, I'm hoping that little blip is over and we'll see another commanding performance by the guys tonight. As has already been said we can't slip up in these sort of games especially with the Giants at the Steelers tonight.

TheStub

4-0 Devils with an easy win.

Entertaining for the first 20, but the Clan never came back out. They didn't look like scoring. There was no passion. Didn't even seem to play to not get shut out. Not what I expected from this game.

Where was the gritty Richardson team? I feel sorry for the fans who traveled all that way.

mazza03

were_gonna_win said:
now that we have joined up with "capital FM" do we get any commentry links for tonights game???
Be better with REAL. :eek:

Good game tonight the Clan didn't drop their heads once, it's no wonder they beat teams. Not us though, we were on fire, ;)

DevilDom

TheStub said:
4-0 Devils with an easy win.

Entertaining for the first 20, but the Clan never came back out. They didn't look like scoring. There was no passion. Didn't even seem to play to not get shut out. Not what I expected from this game.

Where was the gritty Richardson team? I feel sorry for the fans who traveled all that way.
Totally agree. Very disappointed with the Clan tonight - I thought we'd have a tough game.
It's gonna be difficult to sell the next game when they come down.

Ger-Devils

Disappointing really but 2points is 2points.

I text a Clan fan I know- no leadership all night and very quiet for them which was not what we're used to seeing.

Cook was quiet for his normal self- great player but lacked a few things tonight

TheStub

Not a single Clan player looked like they cared. There was no spark, verve - nothing at all.

Devils played a tight enough game, but they probably have more taxing pre game skates.

Clan gave a little in the first, tried to play gritty, went a few goals down and just rolled on their backs and asked us to tickle their tummy.

I hope the team catches up with the equipment when they face Nottingham tomorrow. Richardson needs to give them a going over after that performance, but he hardly set and example.

At least we will be fresh for Hull. It will be like we didn't play a game tonight.

Rempel16

TheStub said:
Not a single Clan player looked like they cared. There was no spark, verve.
Thats really harsh on Brendan Cook and Kyle Bruce. Both worked their butts off last night. I was disappointed that Richardson didn't send his boys out to upset a few, but at the same time Cardiff is one of the toughest places to go in the league. At 3-0 there's not much chance for anyone to get back in it, so I can see why the Clan rested up ready for tonight.

That said, they missed Dominic Noel big time I thought

Finny

I think some people are being overly harsh on Braehead whilst not giving out guys the credit they deserve. At times last night we were excellent at just stopping Braehead creating anything. Everyone knew what their job was and when there was a turnover they all got quickly back into their positions to stop the Clan counter-attacking, we regularly had 3 players on our blueline to cut down all their access into the zone.

Very impressed with us tonight. We were back to how we played at the start of our record breaking run and after a couple of tense performences we looked like we had all our confidence back. And a couple of cracking goals too, with MacRae's being my pick of the bunch just ahead of Weller's nice finish following an awesome pass from Tylor.

drainage

Finny said:
I think some people are being overly harsh on Braehead whilst not giving out guys the credit they deserve. At times last night we were excellent at just stopping Braehead creating anything. Everyone knew what their job was and when there was a turnover they all got quickly back into their positions to stop the Clan counter-attacking, we regularly had 3 players on our blueline to cut down all their access into the zone.

Very impressed with us tonight. We were back to how we played at the start of our record breaking run and after a couple of tense performences we looked like we had all our confidence back. And a couple of cracking goals too, with MacRae's being my pick of the bunch just ahead of Weller's nice finish following an awesome pass from Tylor.
Agree I thought the Clan gave it a decent go - ok probably not for the full 60 but we cant say they didnt turn up.

Our passing was far better than last week - still got to work on the finishing we have been far more clinical before.

MacRae's goal was in from a ridiculous angle !!! How it got in I will never know !! :D

DevilDom

Finny said:

I agree with your points about how we played. I too thought we looked a lot more confident and our passing was a lot better than it has been in recent games.

My main gripe with Braehead was that they seemed to have 1 plan and when that didn't work they simply gave up and looked to keep the score down. It's similar to how a few other teams have played at the BBT (the stars and rays spring to mind) and full credit to G and the guys for breaking teams in that way but it is a bit dull. I'd have liked to see them do something to try and put us off our game as Blaze did the last time we played them, maybe even try and rough the game up a bit. If Weller is killing them why don't they send a sacraficial lamb out to take him off the ice for 5 minutes? If they had done that at 2-0 they might have been able to sneak a goal and get back in the game, I guess we'll never know because they didn't try anything different at all. Fair play to Thommo as after the pasting we gave them on 27/12 they came back with a different game plan and we had to really work our socks off to get the win.

I guess its a nice place to be though! Complaining about the poor performance of the away side as we made them look so ordinary. I'm just looking for a bit more entertainment.

Wannabe2

I think the Clan are missing a bit of toughness, sometimes when things aint clicking right you need someone to kick start the team, and i dont think they have anyone capable to do that. The Lord Mayor of Cardiff being the perfect example of what a lot of teams dont have. He is a bit special mind you. Sometimes a big hit, or a bit of action gets the rest going, Nicky Chinn v London Knights being the perfect example, down 5-0 and playing duff Chinny drops the gloves annihalates a Knights player and we win 6-5 a night to remember.