Devils v Capitals - 29/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Ger-Devils

clairey_faerie said:
If anyone is travelling from West and needs a ticket for tonight I have two/three season tickets that won't be used tonight.

You'll have to grab them from Llanelli though!
Will bring your Giants tickets to Wednesday's game

DevilDom said:
wildthing74 said:
Caps fan saying they have EIGHT skaters including Scotty Neil and 1 goalie.Oh dear. :cry:
If true that is an absolute disgrace and will do our league massive damage. However I wouldn't expect SN to care about that as he obviously has no care for the Caps fans or any thought for the near 2000 people who are turning up for the game tonight to watch what will be a farce.

Unbelieveable. :evil:
Having spoken to the man, I can categorically state that he cares deeply about the Capitals and the fans of the club. How he can turn this around, if he can, is a different matter but there's no doubting how much he cares.

wildthing74

the_todd said:
DevilDom said:
wildthing74 said:
Caps fan saying they have EIGHT skaters including Scotty Neil and 1 goalie.Oh dear. :cry:
If true that is an absolute disgrace and will do our league massive damage. However I wouldn't expect SN to care about that as he obviously has no care for the Caps fans or any thought for the near 2000 people who are turning up for the game tonight to watch what will be a farce.

Unbelieveable. :evil:
Having spoken to the man, I can categorically state that he cares deeply about the Capitals and the fans of the club. How he can turn this around, if he can, is a different matter but there's no doubting how much he cares.
I'm with you that I don't doubt he cares,having seen him in the famous red and white for years there is no doubting that.Many of us feel he loves them too much and won't let go and that is what is holding the club back.Hopefully an investor will come in and let Scotty still be the man pulling the strings so everybody is happy. ;)

Caps to showcase two new players tonight

29th January 2011
Capitals have signed netminder Jens Van Poulke and Canadian defenceman Blake Royale. The ITC cards were cleared late last night. The Capitals have also had good news on the investment front with a investor and shareholder to join the Capitals. We have set a target to properly prepare going forward and are confident that we can reach it and get new people on board.

This is a difficult period but there truly is a lot of good things happening for the future and I hope you can support the team until the new structure is in place. It is anticipated that this will be complete within the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Well, here's a turnout for the books. In the last 5 minutes it's been announced we're icing two new imports tonight - a new netminder and new D-man. In related news, the new shareholders and investor should be finalised in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

TheStub

And changes our odds in this game.

We must still be favorites to win (I guess :lol:) but will we be running up the recent cricket scores against an import nettie?

TheStub

I do really hope that the caps can turn things around. That is a great hockey market with two local rivals. Murryfield should be a hotbed of ice hockey.

It still leaves us short benched and with only 4 imports, I wouldn't expect much better than a huge winning margin. These guys ITC cards were only approved late last night it seems, so they haven't trained with us yet.

It also seems the SIHL is hellbent on stopping us signing 2-way contracts with Capitals SNL players, or any other SNL players. Hidden agenda? Who knows, but it looks like we're seeking legal advice. It wouldn't have stopped us from losing but would have reduced the number of shifts our better players would be putting in as a stopgap measure.

Finny

steve said:
I would feel the same way If I had an SNL team, why should they loose players to the capitals.
But the club are happy for the players to join on two-way deal.

It would be like the ENL Devils agreeing to let Tim Burrows to play for us, and then someone from Invicta saying that we couldn't.

Clearly some of the bitterness and spitefullnes within Scottish Ice Hockey isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Ocko

All seats have been sold, only standing available. I doubt Edinburgh brought any fans so quite an incredible crowd for what, unfortunately is not much of a game.

well 10 mins to go and its 12-2 not half as bad as people thought
one quick question the goal scorer gets 1 point and the first assised gets 1 point but does the second assised get a point ? thanks people

The official attendance has been given at 1961. Wow, is that correct? If so that is an outstanding attendance for a nothing game (no disrespect to the Caps).

TheStub

That is an amazing attendance - I wonder how many newbies were at the game?

I know that my seat, and the others around me, were empty - as we didn't make the drive down. By the sound of it we made the right choice :(

Still, 2 points are 2 points. I hope that the Devils can turn it on tomorrow. Well done to Joe on his first W of the season :D

TheStub

Just a quick check of the stats - another big night for the third line, with 14 points :eek:

Tylor and Sam both with 1+4 and Stu with 3+1. So, Stu with most goals and Tylor and Sam tied on most points :D