Devils v Capitals - 16/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Ocko

Re: Devils v Capitals - 16/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Automatic review with a match anyway. Devils have to appeal any decision, nothing to lose now.

Finny is right it was an unnecessary hit, but I'm not convinced it was checking to the head, charging in my eyes and a definite 5+ Game but on initial view it seemed he was falling/ducking meaning no intentional play was made to the head area.

Sheincar

danhall76 said:
Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:
Still boring. No atmosphere, hardly any hits, coasting. With a full house i was hoping for more effort...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Plenty of atmosphere in blocks 2 & 3 as always.
Was sat in block 15 for first period and the 4 of us saw 4 seats in block 2 so sat there for second and third period. Were some of the only ones standing when the goals went in. Didn't hear much atmosphere.

Not going to argue with you - but really!!! Plenty of people standing for goals & chanting. Guess atmosphere is what you make of it.

Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:
Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:
Still boring. No atmosphere, hardly any hits, coasting. With a full house i was hoping for more effort...

Was sat in block 15 for first period and the 4 of us saw 4 seats in block 2 so sat there for second and third period. Were some of the only ones standing when the goals went in. Didn't hear much atmosphere.

Not going to argue with you - but really!!! Plenty of people standing for goals & chanting. Guess atmosphere is what you make of it.
I don't want to argue either but the people i was with wonder why we left 15 to sit in 2. Frankly it was no different.

Ocko

Rather than question the entertainment the Devils provided the question should be raised to Edinburgh who quite frankly shouldn't be in the league if they are going to be so far off being competitive year after year.

I know it probably sounds a little harsh and I do feel for their fans but they are awful. I also know a team always has to be bottom but you have to remain competitive, it just destroys the image of our so called 'professional' league.

I was saying earlier that they shouldn't be in the league. It's a waste of time. It's frustrating to watch them play this way every year. Frustrating also to see us take it easy of them just because they suck. Just hit them about a bit...

ASHIPP

Poor crowds and lack of funds might explain Capiitals' situation. They have lost Reaney and
Horna who I don't think were replaced.
What other teams would join Elite League next season if another team decided to drop out?

danhall76 said:
I was saying earlier that they shouldn't be in the league. It's a waste of time. It's frustrating to watch them play this way every year. Frustrating also to see us take it easy of them just because they suck. Just hit them about a bit...

Hit them about a bit? Tried that we're probably without Lord for the rest of the season. Should we have risked other suspensions or injuries just to hit an already beaten team?

voth26

Finny said:
There is no way that Lord will play against Coventry, and very unlikely he will play again this season.

Yes he was unlucky that the player dropped his head just before he hit him, but there was no need to make the hit in the first place. Especially as it was from his blindside.

The game was won, no need to do anything stupid.
Just have to see how hanson views it, hes recentlyn down graded some penaltys

bluedevil said:
danhall76 said:

Hit them about a bit? Tried that we're probably without Lord for the rest of the season. Should we have risked other suspensions or injuries just to hit an already beaten team?
Only full house of the season. Just a bit of entertainment at the end of a lackluster season is that too much to ask?

Earnie

I agree it did get a bit dull but all the scoring was done early on so it was inevitable the atmosphere would die away. It was a comfortable win so I am happy.
As for Lord let's wait and see the outcome.

wildthing74

Finny said:
There is no way that Lord will play against Coventry, and very unlikely he will play again this season.

Yes he was unlucky that the player dropped his head just before he hit him, but there was no need to make the hit in the first place. Especially as it was from his blindside.

The game was won, no need to do anything stupid.
Totally agree.As soon as he made the hit I said to the mrs that was really bad and even though they were short benched I expected somebody to jump Lord straight after.
Was a silly hit and defiantly made contact with the head so I would suspect 3 match ban.

Last thing we need at this time of year especially as he has been a leader on the ice and we need as many of them heading hopefully into post season hockey.

Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:

Funny you should say that as I think the atmosphere in these two blocks has been nothing like what they created last season.

DevilDom

phil PLT said:
Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:

Funny you should say that as I think the atmosphere in these two blocks has been nothing like what they created last season.
I agree but its difficult to create the atmosphere when people won't join in. The group who I sit with often try to get things started but it needs more than the 20 or so who do to get a proper chant going. Also think the bloody drummer in block 15 has done a lot to spoil the atmosphere with his crap sense of timing and over the top playing. Don't want to turn this into a thread slagging the DJ off either but Paul Sullivan was excellent at knowing what music to play when and when to play nothing.

Sheincar

Have to say I feel some people want an atmosphere provided without them having to do anything. There's still plenty of chanting back & fore between blocks 2 & 3 BUT the drummer quite often kills chants. Either by drumming across chants or simply because he hasn't got the beat of the chants.

mazza03

Sheincar said:
Have to say I feel some people want an atmosphere provided without them having to do anything. There's still plenty of chanting back & fore between blocks 2 & 3 BUT the drummer quite often kills chants. Either by drumming across chants or simply because he hasn't got the beat of the chants.
+1

yes yes yes,sheincar what have i said all season , sorry i am just a grumpy old bass player,but damm it, paul was a damm better d j and announcer, ah well just bought three seats for next season,

Sheincar said:
dunno if i am wrong but i remember some of our fans on here saying they didnt wanna be told when to chant now fans are saying they want more help with chanting
cant have it both ways
i reckon the atmosphere is about what happens on the ice as the game before it was really fun
main thing is we won and might make the play offs

James

Administrator

Sorry about MNL, both myself and Skippy were stuck in traffic around Birmingham and didn't get to Cardiff till around the end of the second period

ASHIPP

The game was won early on. The rest of the time the Capitals were trying to mount an attack.

The best atmosphere is usually created during games against teams we detest like Giants or Steelers or Blaze. And in very close games when the Team need some encouragement.

A good crowd last night for whatever reasons. Served as a reminder of those heady days in our record breaking season when EVERY game was packed and the BBT was rocking.

Be great to get back to that...the BBT intimidating and the best crowd in the League. Think Fife hold that crown at the mo. Perhaps our club would reconsider groupon or similar promos for future games with anticipated low turnout?

Sliput

ASHIPP said:
The game was won early on. The rest of the time the Capitals were trying to mount an attack.

The best atmosphere is usually created during games against teams we detest like Giants or Steelers or Blaze. And in very close games when the Team need some encouragement.

A good crowd last night for whatever reasons. Served as a reminder of those heady days in our record breaking season when EVERY game was packed and the BBT was rocking.

Be great to get back to that...the BBT intimidating and the best crowd in the League. Think Fife hold that crown at the mo. Perhaps our club would reconsider groupon or similar promos for future games with anticipated low turnout?
Another good win for the guys. Coventry (I think) have now qualified for the quarters so it is between us, Fife and Hull for the last place. What on earth was Lord thinking of ?? Such a dumb penalty to take when there was no need !!

I agree with you about the atmosphere, it is usually against teams that we either don't like or it is when we are close in score with a team we normally struggle against.

As for the DJ, I liked MM when he did it a few years ago, I liked PS when he did and now I like MM . As long as I can hear the announcements I don't think they can really add much to an atmosphere.