Devils v Capitals - 16/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

We're running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

James is back in the coldseat and as always he can be shouted at during/before the game using matchnightlive@gmail.com

The club have a webcast running, details of which can be found at http://www.cardiffdevilstv.net/ or on twitter using @cardiffdevilstv (We don't run the webcast, complaining to @theinfernocouk won't get you anywhere!)

There aren't many, possibly any seats left as I type this, so if you do still want to go, you best ring up quickly and see if there are any seats left. Details of the sellout can be found on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8070

Potentially the final home game of the season for the Devils as we'll need to wait on results from other teams coming in to see if we've made the playoffs I think? Hopefully we've picked up the 2 points in Braehead the night before to make things a little less stressful!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
Re: Devils v Capitals - 16/03 @ 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

No MNL for this game sorry, just incase there were people who haven't made the game.

We have no host, no texters. Should be back for next weekend hopefully...

caps have their back up in goals! is this unsportsmanlike by the caps or does it not count because its against us?!?

Slartibartfast

Anyone else having trouble with Devils TV? Its stopping all the time and every so often I get the test card. Its been painful to watch all the way through

ASHIPP

Believe Hvliadovsky warmed up for Capitals. He may have been injured or even ill during/after that. Doubt they were resting him. The Capitals have only 12 skaters. Those poor guys are playing for nothing but pride and look knackered. Got to respect them.

Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast said:
Anyone else having trouble with Devils TV? Its stopping all the time and every so often I get the test card. Its been painful to watch all the way through
Apparently its a problem with Chrome. Switched to firefox and it works ok

I can't believe i shelled out £17 for that game. So boring.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Temme

Annoyed that we'll be missing Lord for the most important part of the season :/

danhall76 said:
I can't believe i shelled out £17 for that game. So boring.

What did you expect? A short benched team with 12 wins to there name. Can't people just be happy with a win?

Still boring. No atmosphere, hardly any hits, coasting. With a full house i was hoping for more effort...

No disrespect but it was against Edinburgh. After the devils took a comfortable lead they were always going to sit back.

I see that but with a full house i would hope for and expect more effort. And as an organisation i would think that they would try to entertain every game. I haven't seen much entertainment this year...

Ocko

You can only play what's in front of you. We ran in plenty of goals, I don't see what more could have been done.

Sheincar

danhall76 said:
Still boring. No atmosphere, hardly any hits, coasting. With a full house i was hoping for more effort...

Plenty of atmosphere in blocks 2 & 3 as always.

ASHIPP

Would hope Hanson reviews that incident with Fowley. He had already started falling when Lordy made contact. Certainly not deliberate. Hope Fowley is ok. However this may be a massive piece of bad luck if Lordy is missing for the most important game of the season to date.

Glad the Devils are focusiing on their own games. They have no control over the complex situation in a four way battle for places. However Sheffield could do us a huge favour this week...they play Hull and Coventry.

Finny

There is no way that Lord will play against Coventry, and very unlikely he will play again this season.

Yes he was unlucky that the player dropped his head just before he hit him, but there was no need to make the hit in the first place. Especially as it was from his blindside.

The game was won, no need to do anything stupid.

Sheincar said:
danhall76 said:

Plenty of atmosphere in blocks 2 & 3 as always.
Was sat in block 15 for first period and the 4 of us saw 4 seats in block 2 so sat there for second and third period. Were some of the only ones standing when the goals went in. Didn't hear much atmosphere.