Devils v Capitals - 12/10 7:00PM - Updates & Chat

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

No game preview for this match unfortunately, but...

We are running Match Night Live! from the usual location of www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Ger is hosting from the hotseat in the BBT and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk

Unfortunately there's no webcast available for the game due to ongoing connection shenanigans, but I think it returns next weekend.

ASHIPP

Come on Boys. Supporting you all the way from Canada this week so give the fans a show.

Grit, teamwork and spirit - in previous seasons this is what they've shown when the chips are down.

Wow I must be dreaming. Devils win a Home league fixture in regulation time for the first time in the whole of 2013. Pleased they won but if we play like that against the Giants next week we are in serious trouble.

Wannabe2

Well that was truelly a roller coaster ride, on the plus side we never gave up and got out of jail as a result of it.Hopefully now the monkey is off our back we can move on. Tomorrow we need to play much better and hopefully we will. Also good to see Jake taking his goals so well, big one tomorrow lads lets give it our best shot.

I actually thought the Devils played well tonight. I always felt like we should be winning. Their first goal was unfortunate, and another should never have been allowed - there was a blatantly missed holding call. On the other hand, I'm sure the ref blew the whistle just before Morisette netted his second(?) so I guess it evens out.

The positives: Ben Davies (our top player this season), our face off wins and the obvious support for G throughout

voth26

davel said:
Wow I must be dreaming. Devils win a Home league fixture in regulation time for the first time in the whole of 2013. Pleased they won but if we play like that against the Giants next week we are in serious trouble.
Talk about raining on a parade before its finished, the team have been criticized previously for lacklustre performances and seemingly not being interested. Tonight was for me the best game in the bbt this season, yes there work to do but at least let them enjoy tonight

ASHIPP

All that matters is that result at the end, however it was achieved. The Devils deserve the luck at the moment. Great to finally have a home win (even though I wasn't there to see it :( ) and hope this is the start of many, many more.

Gazza272

Ok first time seeing us in the flesh this year so here goes.

I think there is potential in this team, going forward i have very little worries. Morrisette looks like a guy to pick up messy goals and looks very lively in and around net. The way he tracked the play for our 4th goal was very impressive.

Faulkner looks better than last year.

Max looks up for it.

Ben looks to be riding a wave of confidence.

Everyone else played well although Blight still drifts out of games a little too easily for my likeing. Matt Myers also seems to be struggling for a little bit of fitness for me as well.

It's sadly tonight individual errors costing us, for the first two periods our D men were far too high, we got the balance right in the third and limited Edinburgh to very few chances, it needs to stay like that.

What cost us time and again was puck chasing and not taking responsibility for tracking your man. This is not a G issue or a systems issue, its players having a brain fart issue. Tyson Marsh had a very good game but far too much he is trying too hard to be everywhere, he needs to settle down a little bit and realise that less is more in some cases and he does have other players on the ice to help him.

Our forwards also have to be more aware of their Defensive responsibilities, there also has to be more thought about when to finish a check, a few times tonight someone would finish a check that another player could have finished for them and Edinburgh then had an extra man on the rush.

Still if it were not for the Edinburgh goalie we could have hit double figures tonight, two wins on the bounce, let's build the confidence more tomorrow.

To be fair I think 5 goals flattered them a lot! Reaney is the fattest professional sports man I've seen since Kevin pressman! And as a sheffield Wednesday fan I've seen my fair share of crap teams and this devils team isn't one! Loving the difference in a fully fit Tyson Marsh from last year , physical, sticking up for his teammates and a cannon of a shot!! Get him to shoot at every opportunity specially on the PP

Exactly what we needed, a win at home, you could sense the relief from the fans and players, the performance......couldn't care less, for me it was all about the result and hopefully this will now kick start the season and we'll see players player to their potential

TheStub

Re: Devils v Capitals - 12/10 7:00PM - Updates & Chat

Gazza272 said:
Ok first time seeing us in the flesh this year so here goes.

I think there is potential in this team, going forward i have very little worries. Morrisette looks like a guy to pick up messy goals and looks very lively in and around net. The way he tracked the play for our 4th goal was very impressive.

Faulkner looks better than last year.

Max looks up for it.

Ben looks to be riding a wave of confidence.

Everyone else played well although Blight still drifts out of games a little too easily for my likeing. Matt Myers also seems to be struggling for a little bit of fitness for me as well.

It's sadly tonight individual errors costing us, for the first two periods our D men were far too high, we got the balance right in the third and limited Edinburgh to very few chances, it needs to stay like that.

What cost us time and again was puck chasing and not taking responsibility for tracking your man. This is not a G issue or a systems issue, its players having a brain fart issue. Tyson Marsh had a very good game but far too much he is trying too hard to be everywhere, he needs to settle down a little bit and realise that less is more in some cases and he does have other players on the ice to help him.

Our forwards also have to be more aware of their Defensive responsibilities, there also has to be more thought about when to finish a check, a few times tonight someone would finish a check that another player could have finished for them and Edinburgh then had an extra man on the rush.

Still if it were not for the Edinburgh goalie we could have hit double figures tonight, two wins on the bounce, let's build the confidence more tomorrow.
Great post. Exactly what I've been seeing in the other games (didn't see last night).

You can't blame systems for suicide passes, being out of position and just general poor hockey plays.

Sort that confidence out (in each other and themselves) and the talent and scoring is plain to see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

mazza03

I saw a different team on the ice from the last couple of weeks, more confidence, better passing and players actually playing (you know who you are) our PP still stinks although we did get a goal (or two) much, much better performance.

And welcome back block 3 glad you could join us again the atmosphere was much better last night, BUT OH DEAR, the timing of the opening was dire, much much too late the players were all on the ice and Mumbles hadn't even started the music, what the hell is going on? Get a grip. :oops: :oops: :oops:

osh

Embarrassing intro last night for sure. I thought Plumton and Reaney were going to drop the gloves during the warm up, hence the handbags during the game. On to the game. First and foremost, happy with the win, not particularly happy with he manner it was achieved though. Got off to a good start with the early goal and then suffered a soft equaliser. No lack of effort from the team last night.
LaCosta will be kicking himself for a t least 2 of their goals, very soft indeed. I disagree with comments about things not being a G issue or a systems issue. G and Franny are accountable for anything that happens out on the ice ( hence Batch being benched for a while due to being caught way out of position on a break for one of their goals, Hay scoring I think ) PP not much better than ordinary and on one pp we didn't even get a shot on target for their n/m to save. Faulkner coming back to his expected high standard of play, nice to see Morissette get off the mark ( reminds me very much of Latullippe ) and of course Ben Davies his usual self and my man of the match. G looked slower than normal last night, slight injury maybe? But the opposition were going past him at times as if he wasn't there, it could be even worse tonight on a large ice pad. Conboy back tonight will be good for the team and allow Plumton to concentrate more on his game. Well done to the crowd who got behind the team last night for the hugely important win. Finally, big up to the Caps fans who travelled down, your team has some very decent players ( liked Cingel's work rate last night ) and some good stick handling by a few others plus a good show by Hiadlovsky again.

DevilDom

mazza03 said:
And welcome back block 3 glad you could join us again the atmosphere was much better last night,
We've always been there but a few more joined in last night! Shame block 2 didn't though! :lol:

Gazza272

osh said:
LaCosta will be kicking himself for a t least 2 of their goals, very soft indeed.

Which ones?

What can a goalie do about people standing around his net unchallenged? I didn't think once that Dan was at fault for any of the goals last night.

jimmy snels

Gazza272 said:
osh said:
LaCosta will be kicking himself for a t least 2 of their goals, very soft indeed.

Which ones?

What can a goalie do about people standing around his net unchallenged? I didn't think once that Dan was at fault for any of the goals last night.
Behave I thought la costa was ar fault for at least 2.

The break away goal was shocking net minding, the guy didn't even pull a move la costa just left a space wide open rather than close the player down. I txt a friend and said I thought if we'd swapped net minders we'd have won 11-3.

Positives were mac morrisette and blight. All looked more up for it. The dwaves (ben piggot cj) played very well as well.

Referee was watching a different game to everyone else I think. He called fifty minutes of pens in a game with hardly any altercations in it and other than boarding almost got a full house on his bingo card!

Glad to get that all important first home win. Yes it's been a long time coming but could be the boost we needed. You could see in the players faces how much it meant.

Morissette was my MOM last night, thought he had a blinder. Two goals and made a handful of chances. Thought we did okay on the PK but just check the stats and conceded 3 PP goals. That needs to improve. Piggot is a work horse and you can see he wants to get things going.

Hoping Conboy can get a big game tonight and hopefully Lord back Thursday we will be a challenge to Belfast.

Confidence is there at the moment, let's keep it going.

Gazza272

jimmy snels said:
Behave I thought la costa was ar fault for at least 2.

The break away goal was shocking net minding, the guy didn't even pull a move la costa just left a space wide open rather than close the player down. I txt a friend and said I thought if we'd swapped net minders we'd have won 11-3.
Nah not for me.

A breakaway is a breakaway. hay showed good composure and it was basically identical to the Richardson goal.

What other goal did you think was bad?