Devils v Capitals - 05/12 - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #3
I'm convinced the EIHL stats whatsit is jinxed, since they mentioned Birbraer needed only 2 more assists to reach 100 career EIHL, he's scored lots of goals and had.... 1 assist :)

I'll quite happily settle for him scoring lots though :D

Chris.

First period wasn't great, improved in the 2nd and we're great in the final 10 minutes.
First period we seemed to let the capitals dictate the pace of the game instead of taking it to them.
Michel was sublime, how he didnt get man of the match i don't know, he worked his ass off and threw so many hits the capitals didn't know what to do with him.
Good to see vother throwing himself around about and sticking up for lyle when he got ran down, overall it was a pretty close match, capitals seem to have put together quite a good team this year. I noticed the devils seemed to be going for shots from the blue line through traffic a lot, maybe G thinks thats the capitals netminders weakness (cant remember how to spell his name :p).

Definitely think man of the match should have been Tylor Michel! Gives 100% every game, hits everything in sight, and never gives up chasing anything! Well deserved goal tonight too. Fast becoming my favourite player.

Nice fight by Miller, no clue how it started as play was no where near them, but he clearly won by some distance! :D

First time I've seen Edinburgh this year, and I was really impressed. They're a quick team, and constantly try to break at speed! They always seemed to leave one player high up the ice too which seemed to cause us a few problems tonight.

Loved the chant 'We want Sharpy' too. I was dissapointed when he didn't come on in the end. :lol:

Tylor was my MOM aswell, but it could have been Mark Richardson's goal of the season that probably swung it. Still would have give it to Tylor though. :)

Ger-Devils

Good win, good team effort = Perfect.

1st wasn't great but the team picked up in the 2nd and just went on from there. Stand out players were Michel and Richardson really. The whole team should have been given MOM as it was a proper team effort tonight.

Did Sharpe go off hurt? Didn't see him much really

Onwards and upwards now for the next game!

Devils win, city win = :D

Angelic_Devil said:
Why did Brad get 10min misconduct at the end of the game???
According to the Elite League website the Caps coach Christiansen got a match penalty at the end of the game too. He did walk across the ice to speak to Dean Smith though so he must have said something to him. :? Don't know what Brad did.

Ger-Devils

Merthyr Devil said:
Angelic_Devil said:
According to the Elite League website the Caps coach Christiansen got a match penalty at the end of the game too. He did walk across the ice to speak to Dean Smith though so he must have said something to him. :? Don't know what Brad did.
Christiansen wasn't happy at all! Was kicking off with Dean Smith.

Angelic_Devil said:
I thought Romfo had a good game too!!! :)
I forgot to add i thought romfo was very good last night, starting to notice him for his good plays and not his mistakes, he seems to be getting better with every game.
I completely missed all that at the end of the game :?, i don't see why he went nuts with the ref, apart from the first period compared to hicks and darnell he didnt do THAT bad.

drainage

Merthyr Devil said:
Angelic_Devil said:
Christiansen was going bonkers through quite a lot of the game so him walking onto the ice to share his pearls of wisdom wasnt a shock - but didnt see anything involving Brad (tho he did laugh at the 2 min penalty handed to him in the last min or so)

Wooohooooo!!!!!

A good win in the end, against a caps team which I think will cause a few upsets this year (hopefully not against us though!). They scored on us 5 on 4, and very nearly scored on us 5 on 3 (in our favour).... I think something might need addressing there.

They have a verrrry good netminder (can't spell his name though!), he made some killer stops. But I think the screened shots worked well towards the end - you can't save what you can't see, and the Caps players weren't forcing the Devils out of his way enough.

Very impressed with Romfo tonight, he looked as solid as a rock.

I thought Tylor should of man of the match but the girls who stand by us said it should be Ritchie as Tylor made of couple of errors in the first 2 periods and the girls were rught as it was Ritchie!
another good win tho,keep it up guys! :D

Gazza272

Sharp was not a happy boy last night, stormed off before the handshakes into the caps dressing room. he was perched for the entire final minute of the game on the bench itching to get on. Obviously to start some trouble as he had his 'i cant concentrate on fighting and skating' face on.

Christiansen was having a long chat with him in the second period break and Sharp did not look pleased. Me thinks all is not well with that particular relationship.

Angelic_Devil said:
No idea. First I've heard of it. He did get 2 for slashing in the final minute, but came out for handshakes, MOM presentations etc, then did the lap of honour and left the ice as normal. Where did you hear about that? It's not mentioned on the Elite League site.

MILLER yet again cam through for us, he is like an lazer guided misile at time and hits almost anything that moves, he was passing the puck well infront of the crease and made several efforts on goal...its good to have a player as gritty as he is and he will rise to the challenge of almost any player that tries to push him around. Nice signing and going to be in the top half of the elite table for points this seasons. Gritty/determined and willing week in week out.