Devils v Blaze - Sat 09/01 - 7:00pm - Chat/Updates

Ger-Devils

cardiffdevil said:
Ger-Devils said:
Would anyone care to join in with me when I start a chant on the PP? I was at the back of Block 1 and people just looking at me thinking who's this fella! lol

I think you would have had a hard job to be honest especially from the three ignorant people who didnt even bother standing for the National Anthem
The people in the front rows of Block 2 give me a strange look aswell. I was right in the back corner of block 1 with 2 other mates. I shouted a few times at Darnell for some of his calls and had weird looks again. Ok, I can be loud when I sing/shout grief at refs but atleast they hear it :D

Ger-Devils

Slartibartfast said:
I don't post much but this game was well worth commenting on.

Yes the Devils were poor in the first but don't take anything away from the Blaze. They played the best hockey I have seen for years in the first. I haven't seen dominance like that since the days of the mighty Durham Wasps. Blaze came into the game after beating Belfast 7-1 last week and their confidence showed. They did everything right.

When a team has confidence and morale like that it can be like a Juggernaut coming at you but the Devils stopped them, disrupted their pretty play and turned it around. This was a fantastic result for the Devils and they should gain a lot of confidence in themselves from this and carry it to their away games.

As for Mark Smith, I thought he played a big part in disrupting Blazes attacks. Blaze were carrying the puck a lot more than us (who were dumping and chasing in the first) but Smithy dispossessed their puck carriers many times.
Anyone else think Smithy was posssessed in the third? He just wanted the pick at any oppourtunity. Great to see the players wanting it so much.

Wannabe2

Smithy done a lot of things that go unnoticed very often, yes we want him to score every game,as i am sure he does as well, but sometimes its the little things that start to turn things around, and we sure done that last night. ;)

Finny

I'm suprised by the people criticising Smithy earlier in the thread, I thought he had a good game. As others have mentioned, he dispossed the Blaze players quite regularly and then turned it into a quick counter attack.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:
Ger-Devils said:
I was actually warmer in the rink than at the city game this afternoon.
And far more entertained!
Yup! Would have been more interesting if Maggenis had stayed on. How that guy didn't get booked I really don't know! He broke the kids legs and reckons he had the ball!

DevilDom

TheStub said:
The first period we let the Blaze play their game. They kept us to the outside and dictated everything.

Second period, we took control and really showed that it was our barn...and have the goal to show for it.

For me Jay had the best game I have seen him have in a long while - and I was impressed by Symonds. He is looking solid, and is a player for the future...really looked the part out there for us tonight.
I agree with that. I thought the stand out players last night were Jay, Michel (again!) and Max (in the 2nd and 3rd players. Symonds had a good game as well and certainly looks like a better option than Stone at the moment. I thought all the guys played well after the 1st period.

Excellent comeback from the Devils. Awful first period, and missed a couple of practically open goals at the start of the 2nd (think it was Davies and then Voth) but at least we'd started creating chances. Brilliant in the 3rd period. I thought Max and Michel were awesome. I think it was the 2nd goal where leading up to it Michel dived to save the puck going out of the blue zone 2 or 3 times which a couple of other players probably wouldn't have done. He always gives 100%.

Thought the crowd cheering when the ref got hit was a bit bad. Ok, if he slipped then fair enough (like the doctor who ran on :D ), but it was a fast flying puck to the back of the head which isn't funny no matter who it happens to. At least most people had the decency to clap when he got back up - must have stung a bit - ouch.

Anyway - well done devils - the amazing home form continues :D

Ger-Devils

ledgend777 said:
Excellent comeback from the Devils. Awful first period, and missed a couple of practically open goals at the start of the 2nd (think it was Davies and then Voth) but at least we'd started creating chances. Brilliant in the 3rd period. I thought Max and Michel were awesome. I think it was the 2nd goal where leading up to it Michel dived to save the puck going out of the blue zone 2 or 3 times which a couple of other players probably wouldn't have done. He always gives 100%.

Thought the crowd cheering when the ref got hit was a bit bad. Ok, if he slipped then fair enough (like the doctor who ran on :D ), but it was a fast flying puck to the back of the head which isn't funny no matter who it happens to. At least most people had the decency to clap when he got back up - must have stung a bit - ouch.

Anyway - well done devils - the amazing home form continues :D
Ben was very unlucky with that attempt in the 2nd.

cardiffdevil said:
Ger-Devils said:
I think you would have had a hard job to be honest especially from the three ignorant people who didnt even bother standing for the National Anthem
These people were sat infront of me - Also thought it was very rude. Think they may have been Polish? They certainly weren't speaking in English or Welsh. No that that should make a difference.

Can only really echo the general comments of the game - I hope Tylor gets signed up for a few seasons, he's really impressed giving 100% all of the time

Diafol

nmase20 said:
Does anyone know why the cars were parked so close together in the devils car park last night? Was pretty cringe worthy watching everyone trying to get out at the end, not to great either when the place is covered in snow and ice.
That was crazy last night, I had to wait 20 minutes until the guy parked in front of me came out of the rink as there was no room to reverse out.

Finny

W3LSH said:
These people were sat infront of me - Also thought it was very rude. Think they may have been Polish? They certainly weren't speaking in English or Welsh. No that that should make a difference.
Perhaps they were Coventry fans speaking Chav?

As W3lsh said it shouldnt matter what nationality they were, even if they were foreign (and I'm sure they could speak English otherwise how else would they have managed to buy their tickets?) the give away was that everyone stood up, if I was in a foreign place and didnt understand the lingo I would just follow suit.

After the 1st it was a top class game. Brought 4 new people down yesterday and was a bit worried in the first but after that what a fantastic game. They all loved it and I'm sure will be back soon, there was a mention of the next Coventry game!

Also agree with the posts above regarding Michel. Sign him up asap and for as long as possible. That guy is already a legend in my eyes. Don't think I've seen him give less than 100% all season and most games it's more like 150%. the dive last night to keep the puck in the Coventry zone when on the powerplay which ultimately led to the goal said it all for me, not many players would have done that but look what happened as a result. Signing of the season for me and what a find.

After the 1st everyone had a pretty good game. Jay was the best we've seen all season and was my MOM closely followed by Michel. As for Smithy as has already been said he is expected to score night in night out but there are a lot of things that are not always seen that play a big part in these games. His stick lifts and puck steals are the best I've seen and can turn a game in an instant.

Gazza272 said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
devilmaycare said:
The one with the water bottle and the hand gesture afterwards.
yes my mum and dad seen this and also 3/4 other people who stand seen this,

So what sort of gesture was it?
he apprently put the water bottle down by his man area and made it look like he was pleasuring himself over the window where a young lad who was 12 was standing.

i didnt see this but a few people apprently saw this.

Don't get me wrong, it was obvious what they should have done and pretty damn rude.

All I meant was I don't think they were locals (which could have been looked upon worse), and yes I'm sure they understood enough English to know what was going on.

I'll give them a nudge if they are there again tonight ;)

Sorry W3lsh hope you dont think I was having a go at you, I wasn't. I just hate rudeness of any kind it's a real bug bear of mine.

If they are there tonight and do the same please give them a nudge, I sit in block 14 so it's a bit far for me to reach!!!

Koop11

Wizard91 said:
Also agree with the posts above regarding Michel. Sign him up asap and for as long as possible. That guy is already a legend in my eyes. Don't think I've seen him give less than 100% all season and most games it's more like 150%. the dive last night to keep the puck in the Coventry zone when on the powerplay which ultimately led to the goal said it all for me, not many players would have done that but look what happened as a result. Signing of the season for me and what a find.
I have to echo this comment. Tyler is by far our most committed player this year. I would like to think Gerad is already considering a contract offer for him. Player of the season for me by far.

ledgend777 said:
Can't say I noticed the crowd cheering, as I thought it was one of our players that was down as I can't see in that corner from block 14, and the tv screens were off at that moment. The doctor and Michel falling was funny though :lol:

The line of Finnerty, Max and Michel worked well last night I thought, and Ben looked good in the few shifts he had, bit of speed, and going to the net and we had our first chance on goal.

Coventry's 2 goals were open goals that the D should have cleared after Lyle made the initial save. Thats what Stoney does, he may not be fancy and bursting up the ice but he's a stay at home D man who possibly would have been there to clear the pucks. I'm taking nothing away from Alex Symonds though, who I'm impressed with, and I think played very well. Just don't see the point in not giving Stone any shifts at all.

Oh and at what point did Hirsch think that cross checking Latulippe's head into the cross bar was a good idea? Thanks the powerplay though, it brought us right back into the game. :lol:

I kind of thought Coventry had given up by the end. Usually Thommo goes mad if the Blaze are losing. With 1.30 odd to go, I was expecting him to call the time out and pull the keeper and he didn't look bothered at all. He waited till there were 30 seconds left before calling the time out and then the Blaze iced it twice not giving Hirsch the chance to go. Not that they looked like scoring anyway, but I thought it was unlike Coventry and especially Thommo to not fight until the end.

cardiffdevil said:
Sorry W3lsh hope you dont think I was having a go at you, I wasn't. I just hate rudeness of any kind it's a real bug bear of mine.

If they are there tonight and do the same please give them a nudge, I sit in block 14 so it's a bit far for me to reach!!!
No, not atall :D I just read my post and saw it could have been read in a few different ways so tried to clear it up :)