Devils v Blaze - Challenge Cup 30/10

Temme

Thread starter #1
Posting as there isn't a gamethread up just yet :)

I'm hearing through the grapevine that Evan Mosey MIGHT be icing tonight, It's been sent through on a whatsapp chat amongst friends so no idea though.

Jardine suspended

Sointu picked up what appeared to be a wrist/arm injury so i'd guess no Mosey/Jardine/Sointu tonight.

Pondlife

As I read it, an OTL puts us through with 8 pts surpassing Blaze on 7. A loss in reg time means a playoff against one of Steelers/Storm/Panthers.

Steelers vs Storm also FO at 19:30 with a win putting Steelers through then Storm Vs Panthers is on Sat to then decide last place. If Steelers lose it's all to play for in that group.

Temme

Thread starter #3
As I read it, an OTL puts us through with 8 pts surpassing Blaze on 7. A loss in reg time means a playoff against one of Steelers/Storm/Panthers.
Blaze still have to play Guildford once more.

Win and we are through 100% (regulation or Overtime)

Lose and we finish bottom 100% As Coventry have more Regulation wins than us.
An OTL would leave us waiting for the result of Cov v Gui.

ASHIPP

Tonight will be the test to see how much guts and character this Devils team actually has. A must - win game to guarantee qualification... with potentially 4 imports out this is going to be tough.

Devils have struggled so erratically again in this competition. Now time to step up and salvage a quarter final place........ and those valuable ticket sales that are vital to Club income.

BostonBart22

This is a must win game , most important game of the season regarding the financial loss if devils dont qualify AGAIN, if that happens heads will roll FACT, so come on lads do this tonight for yourselves and kickstart our season ...no pressure...

jimmy snels

if we cant raise our game for this one i would move someone on to shake up the group. we cant keep putting out dross performances and expect everyone to be fine with it indefinitely. the injury situation is a red herring anyway with most the teams we play not having 6 d men and 14 forwards on their rosters anyway! we need to get out there and mean buisness.

kingmo19.1

Tough one against probably the best Blaze team for a few years. I think we can do it, but I’d worry somewhat if we go a couple of goals down.

Wannabe2

Need to bring our A game tonight without a doubt, Blaze are playing very well at the moment and it’s going to be one tough game. Play as we are capable of playing then we should be fine, but anything less and we are going to struggle. Come on Lads, let’s do this.

Have Hope#35

This is a must win game , most important game of the season regarding the financial loss if devils dont qualify AGAIN, if that happens heads will roll FACT, so come on lads do this tonight for yourselves and kickstart our season ...no pressure...
Could there not be a financial gain if we lose as there's a one off game to qualify as the Eighth placed team against the bottom placed team in the Sheffield/Nottingham/Manchester Group. That being said I hope there's a huge performance this evening and we get through legitimately!

BostonBart22

Could there not be a financial gain if we lose as there's a one off game to qualify as the Eighth placed team against the bottom placed team in the Sheffield/Nottingham/Manchester Group. That being said I hope there's a huge performance this evening and we get through legitimately!
Pretty sure it will be a one off game away to mentioned team. Maybe wrong mind you..

Devilsatw

I sound like a parrot but how many games do we have to see the same crap!!
Il give it a week or two till changes are made

Bloody hell they are short handed and still getting breakaways!

This is taking the piss

moggy#9

What on earth is going on with this team? I know that we're down a d man, but I'm struggling to see this team being in the mix at the end of the season.