Devils v Blaze - 29/10 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com
Since the last Devils game against the Blaze they have had a change of Line up with the addition of 30 year old Dustin “The Machine” Wood who comes in to replace Gordon. Coming to the Blaze from Korean team Anyang Halla where he’s played for the last two seasons in Championship winning sides. Wood has a wealth of Experience having played in 301 career AHL games with the likes of the Manitoba Moose and the Syracuse Crunch, and 105 career DEL games with Kassel Huskies, ERC Ingolstad.
Skippy has put together another game preview which can be found on the main website, or by clicking the following link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/blaze-reignited-/

The Pilot will be offering their food and drink offers before this game again I imagine, although i've not yet spoken to them. Whatever the case though i'm sure they'd like to see you there before the game! Directions can be found on http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/where-to-eatdrink/

Chris.

ASHIPP

This is probably the most important game so far for the Devils this season. :evil:

They HAVE to win this to relieve the pressure of having to win their other two games to get sufficient points to qualify. Otherwise it could be a fight between three teams - when the number of wins/number of goals could be deciding factors.

Blaze are one of the current in form teams - no coincidence that the arrival of Dustin Wood has seen a change in their performance. Plenty of their forwards in the top scorers list.
Fulghum is an extremely dangerous sniper and last weekend, Jurynec was rampaging in Belfast and Nottingham taking key opposition layers to the sin bin with him.
Statistically the Devils' performances against all the teams above them this season has been inconsistent. Don't think they can really use 'home ice advantage' as a team strength because they have been beaten by Giants and Steelers already down here.

Devils will have to dig very deep for this game. If Blaze continue their form, sadly Devils will be very lucky to pick up any points here. :? Would, of course, really love to be proved wrong.

rd22

Agree this is simply massive for the devils.

Hoping we play some devils hockey tomorrow, physical and intense. I really think this is key to us beating the top teams this year especially in the bbt.

Jurynec is going to be looking to get in players faces and i wouldn't mind voth or frank giving him a slap early just to show them what they are in for. When Belfast came down here a few weeks ago i think there players felt about 10 feet tall with keefe and co skating around like they own the place. That's the last thing the top teams need to be thinking.

Last year voth, weller, finnerty and tylor let every team no that they were going to be in for a long night within minutes of every game and that's been missing this year.

Hi guys,

If your planning on coming to the Pilot today, Please check the "General Chat" Section for todays deals and more info re our Halloween Gig this evening

Bec and Si :twisted:

In advance of a specific topic on Sundays game at Dundee does anyone know of anyone who can help us out at MNL.

I have been trying to contact the Stars fans who have helped us in the past but have failed so far.

OJ

ASHIPP said:
This is probably the most important game so far for the Devils this season. :evil:

They HAVE to win this to relieve the pressure of having to win their other two games to get sufficient points to qualify. Otherwise it could be a fight between three teams - when the number of wins/number of goals could be deciding factors.

Blaze are one of the current in form teams - no coincidence that the arrival of Dustin Wood has seen a change in their performance. Plenty of their forwards in the top scorers list.
Fulghum is an extremely dangerous sniper and last weekend, Jurynec was rampaging in Belfast and Nottingham taking key opposition layers to the sin bin with him.
Statistically the Devils' performances against all the teams above them this season has been inconsistent. Don't think they can really use 'home ice advantage' as a team strength because they have been beaten by Giants and Steelers already down here.

Devils will have to dig very deep for this game. If Blaze continue their form, sadly Devils will be very lucky to pick up any points here. :? Would, of course, really love to be proved wrong.
outstanding performance by devils tonight 6 1 over the blaze go devils gooooooooooooooooooooo

Given the Blaze results last weekend I was worried about this game however this was a superb performance by the Devils and Pierce goal in the second period was just sublime.

Lets keep the intensity up

Martynwo

Perhaps some fans will cut him some slack for the player he is not the player fans want him to be.

As for the game, great team performance. completly outplayed and out muscled a good Blaze side who last week beat both title contenders.

drainage

Well that was worth the entrance fee !!! Quality performance all round , Jeffs goal , Bens feed to Stu for the SHG , the intensity, the work ethic !!

We hustled, we fought , we checked and we checked again !! Would love a possession/territory monitor we must have had most play by a country mile !

For all the chat about a lopsided league it would appear that the top 5 teams can beat each other on any given night should make for an interesting season :cool:

jester said:
For all the chat about a lopsided league it would appear that the top 5 teams can beat each other on any given night should make for an interesting season :cool:
I think they can beat each other but in reality over the whole season, Nottingham and Belfast are a pretty long way ahead of Coventry, Sheffield, Cardiff and Braehead.

Wasn't at the game but sounds like a familiar tale for the Blaze (and most teams visiting the BBT) that we were out fought and couldn't contain the Devils. Certainly sounds like Thommo has more work to do but generally I think we are happier with this team than last years slow, dull team.

What a game! a proper goal fest, handbags (of sorts), and a beauty of a display from pierce, lost my voice with all that shouting.... more of the same again next game lads.. absolutely loved it! :D :twisted:

Woohoo - just got in from pretty poor night out and this result has definitely cheered me up. Bit gutted I wasn't at game though! Looking good for semi's of the cup and hopefully this result will act as a confidence booster for the league as well. Looking forward to the next home game to see what they can do against Panthers.

DevilDom

J.B said:
Wasn't at the game but sounds like a familiar tale for the Blaze (and most teams visiting the BBT) that we were out fought and couldn't contain the Devils. Certainly sounds like Thommo has more work to do but generally I think we are happier with this team than last years slow, dull team.
I actually thought Blaze battled pretty well until the 4th goal for the Devils went in. In some respects I think the result flattered the Devils as Blaze were not that bad and I'm sure on a different day the result could have been different. It was definitely not through a lack of effort. Jurynec is game (bless him) but I can't see many takers as the season goes on as any trade is a downgrade for the opposition to the blaze as he offers little else. Certainly no need for Voth, Frank or even Adams to fight him unless its for entertainment value only.

wildthing74

I agree with Dom the final score was not a fair reflection in the end but will take it for sure.
Blaze came out strong and tried to dictate the game early on. A soft goal which Stevie would want back and I was thinking "here we go". We got the goal back fairly quickly and found our rythm.
Pretty even for big parts but the difference was Stevie settled but Hursch struggled all night and never looked comfortable.
Killing the 1.20 5 on 3 was huge and Ben's brilliant steal to set up Stuuu SH killed the game off.
Thrilled with the win and I only hope we see this group out now as we are due a win finally in this competition.

TheStub

Really pleased with the win.

I was concerned at the start that we weren't going to stand a chance in this one. When the soft goal went in I thought we were in for a long night. But the guys pulled through. A few scruffy goals and the goal of the season put us firmly in the driving seat.

Blaze played well, but never looked like coming back when we started pulling away. The 5-on-3 kill was huge, and we seemed to take huge energy from it. The Blaze just didn't figure in the third.

What is slightly comforting/concerning is the fact we never seemed to flow. Everything looked a little uneasy all game - the fluidity wasn't there for huge stretches. We started to get our heads up as we took a grip on the game. If we really start to hit our stride then this team will roll over anyone on that performance.

Bring on Nottingham.

drainage

DevilDom said:
J.B said:
I actually thought Blaze battled pretty well until the 4th goal for the Devils went in. In some respects I think the result flattered the Devils as Blaze were not that bad and I'm sure on a different day the result could have been different. It was definitely not through a lack of effort. Jurynec is game (bless him) but I can't see many takers as the season goes on as any trade is a downgrade for the opposition to the blaze as he offers little else. Certainly no need for Voth, Frank or even Adams to fight him unless its for entertainment value only.
I thought Jurynec was there ahead of panto season!! Comedy villain if ever I saw one!! Cheap shots and niggled all game but as you say nothing to gain from going there so good to see we didn't ....... Cue chicken calls from all quarters!!

The highlights (minus any sound) are up on the Devil's website. Disappointed not to see the Frank penalty on there. Please correct me if it is on there and I missed it! Nice slow mo of Pierce's 2nd goal on there though

DevilDom

clairey_faerie said:
The highlights (minus any sound) are up on the Devil's website. Disappointed not to see the Frank penalty on there. Please correct me if it is on there and I missed it! Nice slow mo of Pierce's 2nd goal on there though
I'm glad you said that about the sound I thought it was something to do with my laptop! I'm pretty sure the Frank penalty wasn't on there.