Devils v Blaze - 27/12 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

I can't imagine Blaze will have any players back for this 2nd game, unless we absolutely hammer them of course, so Weaver, Soderstrom, Lee and Smith should all be out through injury, and Cruickshank will still be suspended unless Andy French changes his mind once again...

Devils will only be missing Symonds once again, hopefully no injuries or suspensions will be picked up in the boxing day spectacular...

I'll put something here once we know the result of the Sunday game :p

Skippy has uploaded game previews for both games against the Blaze, however because the image used on the report is so damned awesome, I urge you all to go check it out on frontpage!

Just incase you've forgotten where that is... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk

Chris.

Rempel16

Got to say I was very impressed reading that game preview. Well written piece.

I think the initial key to picking up the win will first and foremost concentrate on our own performance as we have the best roster in the league at the moment and if we play to our strengths I genuinely don't believe the Blaze can match us.

If we are going to focus on the Blaze team then we need to get the puck deep and forecheck hard. Coventry are going to be a little depleted on the back end, so Robinson and Zanon will be logging big big minutes. It's going to be paramount to keep physical pressure on these two and wear them down. I'd even perhaps get Voth to niggle at Robinson and see if he can get a 5 minute sit-down out of him.

For the forwards, my best friend :evil: Chambers is playing out of sorts and the last time I looked they have overloaded the top line with their best shooters Fulghum and Fussey playing either side of Carlson. Personally, I think that if we can shut this line down (Craig, Kenton and Tylor's line) we should have enough to win quite comfortably.

The beauty of this game though, is that Paul Thompson will still be confident of taking the win and you can't write any of Thommo's teams off. Can't wait!!!

Chris said:
and Cruickshank will still be suspended unless Andy French changes his mind once again...
He may chage his mind still...

"The Coventry Blaze are pleased to announce that some unseen footage has come to light regarding the bench clearance during the Blaze versus Panthers clash on the 4th November.

The footage was uncovered early this morning and has since been sent to the Elite League in the hope that the powers that be might reconsider the bans handed out to many in the Blaze roster shortly following the brawl.
"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92DzOyVw ... re=youtube

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Blaze - 27/12 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Beady said:
Chris said:
and Cruickshank will still be suspended unless Andy French changes his mind once again...
He may chage his mind still...

"The Coventry Blaze are pleased to announce that some unseen footage has come to light regarding the bench clearance during the Blaze versus Panthers clash on the 4th November.

The footage was uncovered early this morning and has since been sent to the Elite League in the hope that the powers that be might reconsider the bans handed out to many in the Blaze roster shortly following the brawl.
"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92DzOyVw ... re=youtube
Rofl.

That is total quality!

Wannabe2

These two games are the perfect oppurtunity for pay-back time, after there disgusting behaviour at theres last season, myself i would beat the crap out of them in both games.

Wannabe2 said:
These two games are the perfect oppurtunity for pay-back time, after there disgusting behaviour at theres last season, myself i would beat the crap out of them in both games.
I think the pay-back came last time in their barn with Tylor and Justin Sawyer dishing out justice. Let's hope Farmer feels like having a beating again :lol:

Me too, although it's a holiday I don't understand the late start. All I can think of is that it's about giving them a decent rest between games, but surely the Boxing Day game could have been earlier than 6.00pm

TheStub

These midweek late starts kill me. They seem to forget that some fans have over an hours drive each way to get to these games. Last night I didn't get home until midnight.

Sometime I wonder about writing off midweekers, as they just leave me a bit too knackered the next day (I'm getting old, 30 next year).

In terms of it being a holiday - my firm have come out and said the 27th and 28th are normal working days. 25th and 26th are the premium days, so the bank holidays have had to be booked like a normal holiday. In fact my boss has said he wanted the majority people in - normal holiday rules blah blah blah. He has been told where to stick it.

The joy of working for a multinational.

Re: Re: Devils v Blaze - 27/12 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

mazza03 said:
Why is face off so late 7.30? Everyone is on holiday, bit fed up with a 7.30 face off. :cry:
Everyone? I seriously doubt that. Its hard to strike a happy medium - late enough for travelling fans to leave work and get to the rink but early enough that you're not calling the following morning a write off. 7pm sounds spot on to me... unfortunate situation with Hull.

.....and I have this funny feeling in my toe that we're diverting from the topic here! Lol

And Beady - can totally see the discrepancies highlighted in that vid! Its amazing what was missed on the other angles! Definitely worth the review IMHO. Hopefully something 'schweet' will come of it?!

Kipper

I suspect there is either public skating or a figure skaters session at the rink earlier in the evening hence the 7.30pm start.It's not all about the Devils see!

mazza03

My biggest problem is the fact of driving home on my own late at night, being the devout coward that I am especially if it's still icy :oops: .

Wannabe2 said:
Hopefully the team got over that quicker than the fans have !!

I want 4 points and no dumb penalties.

A

Anonymous

mazza03 said:
My biggest problem is the fact of driving home on my own late at night, being the devout coward that I am especially if it's still icy :oops: .
Its supposed to get very mild (+5) tonight or tomorrow and the snow should melt and be gone by this time tomorrow. That's what I've heard anyway.

Very good oppotunity for another 2 points tonight...

Blaze's limited defence were tired and bruised towards the end yesterday. I can't see Robinson icing another 40 minutes or whatever tonight. On home ice, we can control the match-ups - hopefully we'll shut down Fulghum and Fussey, and grind out a win.

If you include the pre-season, Blaze have beaten us 2/2 at home this year... I hope lessons have been learnt. The Blaze seem to come and play a passive game and take advantage of individual errors (poor passes, players out of position). But with soo many injuries, we've gotta be looking to pile the pressure on them, dump the puck in behind their defence, and start grinding them down.

Ger-Devils

Fulgham will still be hurting after Weller hip check I think. He struggled to get up after that check which was a sweet hit.

Robbo done 50minutes easy yesterday and will need oxygen to do that again, Pease won't last once again. Zanon was getting hit left right and centre last night by all players but we need to attack from the off. Cowley is standing in on D and a Finnish ENL kid I'm not sure if he will ice tonight after Maxi's hit on him.