Devils v Blaze - 16/10 - 7:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates...

awesome 20 mins of hockey then hic'sk decided that tommo had lubed him up enough in the first period break and gave us the shaft!!
well done boys for not gooning it up but to be honest i think everyone there was wishing of a bench clearence!!

I'm so peed off atm aswell, don't understand, its complete rubbish, can linsemans make calls like that? Ruined the game of hockey, the best part was Michel goin at end of game, that guys a legend!

Hicks is not capable of calling a game of this magnitude, hes fine with Dundee and the like but he cant keep up with the pace of the better teams and always loses control. A few years ago he was sent to a lower league due to complaints I think its time again. What frustrates me is the lineman didnt see the whole incident with finner or he would have called smith also (who is a utter tart).

My only issue with the players is our D other than sawyer are not big enough no-one is getting punished in the corners the opposition forwards just have to watch out for phil and tyler as the d are not intimidating. Coventry d on the other hand Lee Smith and Zanon hit everything that comes over the blue. Maztka and Stevie better start performing as at the moment they are looking like expensive mistakes. FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sniper13 said:
Hicks is not capable of calling a game of this magnitude, hes fine with Dundee and the like but he cant keep up with the pace of the better teams and always loses control. A few years ago he was sent to a lower league due to complaints I think its time again. What frustrates me is the lineman didnt see the whole incident with finner or he would have called smith also (who is a utter tart).

My only issue with the players is our D other than sawyer are not big enough no-one is getting punished in the corners the opposition forwards just have to watch out for phil and tyler as the d are not intimidating. Coventry d on the other hand Lee Smith and Zanon hit everything that comes over the blue. Maztka and Stevie better start performing as at the moment they are looking like expensive mistsoakes. FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So where can we file the complaints?

drainage

Ingramator said:
I'm so peed off atm aswell, don't understand, its complete rubbish, can linsemans make calls like that? Ruined the game of hockey, the best part was Michel goin at end of game, that guys a legend!
Yeap made me chuckle he was being called by the whole rink and the poor little lambkin takes offence at Tylor's comment ! Showed what a t&*t Hicks is - 10 plus 10 at that stage pointless just wanted to make himself look like a man - there were 4 year olds more manly !!

If he wanted to hear abuse I was free !

drainage said:
Ingramator said:
Yeap made me chuckle he was being called by the whole rink and the poor little lambkin takes offence at Tylor's comment ! Showed what a t&*t Hicks is - 10 plus 10 at that stage pointless just wanted to make himself look like a man - there were 4 year olds more manly !!

If he wanted to hear abuse I was free !
Yea i know, did u see that fan have a go at him tho! Would shake that guys hand, thing is they wouldn't deal with that in football so why ice hockey???

So where can we file the complaints?[/quote]

Perhaps we should all email the Even Convery and Andy French and tell them they need to invest in better refs as its ruining the game. I prefer the days of Nico Toeman to this, why should we suffer and have hicks all the time anyway Dean Smith is a million times better at this rate id take boniface back

Like others on here i feel really p****d off after that diabolical so called 'official' ruined what looked like being a very decent game. How on earth can he call Finners penalty on the say so of a lino without seeing it for himself is nothing short of a joke!! small wonder Hill. G and Tylor vented their frustrations...'abuse of an official', what does he expect when he officiates like that. About time the league reviewed the refs and linos and do something postitive for a change! very shallow victory for the blaze!

sharks09 said:
Like others on here i feel really p****d off after that diabolical so called 'official' ruined what looked like being a very decent game. How on earth can he call Finners penalty on the say so of a lino without seeing it for himself is nothing short of a joke!! small wonder Hill. G and Tylor vented their frustrations...'abuse of an official', what does he expect when he officiates like that. About time the league reviewed the refs and linos and do something postitive for a change! very shallow victory for the blaze!
Can the devils complain about that? Also after the game did u ser the coventrys players, when talking to devils they were shaking heads and looking as if to say what the hell went on!

zoesdevil

Hicks was is an absolute disgrace!! It was definately the worst I've seen him officiate a game! The calls were disgusting as we had definate calls for some and nothing was given!! What is going on in his head!! The best was saved til last, game for michel for abuse of official for tapping the ice wiv his stick coz a pen was awarded against blaze late on!! It's bad for both fans who go to watch a decent well fought game spoilt by decisions of the officials!!

Koop11

7-2 to the Blaze is certainly not a reflection on how we played. The first period was mostly us with us coughing up a weak SH handed goal but was take beautifully by Carlson. Blaze came out fast in 2nd period and pressured the puck. They deserved the 2-2 score line.

Then the phantom slash. I did not see it but I did hear from a friend that Finnerty two handed him. If so, and two handed slash warrants a game penalty under the rule book, then there can be no arguments. I would like to see the incident though.

From then on Hicks called every on us and nothing on Blaze. Playing most of the 2nd period and the opening 3rd period SH against the Blaze will guarantee goals and that is what happened. They took their chances well and we couldn’t finish our chances. We had so many opportunities in the 1st and in the 3rd. Matzka I’m sorry to say was woeful tonight. Missed open goals, poor passing, not finishing hits. Bad night at the office and we need out high profile players to perform in big games like this.

Hicks though wrecked what was turning into a great game of hockey. He certainly took away any chance we had of winning the game with some outrageous officiating. The moomin strikes again! When is this guy going to stop influencing games in a negative way. I don’t like blaming refs and I think too many fans to it too often but tonight I have to agree with the masses in that Hicks was exceptionally poor. Disappointing.

drainage

zoesdevil said:
Hicks was is an absolute disgrace!! It was definately the worst I've seen him officiate a game! The calls were disgusting as we had definate calls for some and nothing was given!! What is going on in his head!! The best was saved til last, game for michel for abuse of official for tapping the ice wiv his stick coz a pen was awarded against blaze late on!! It's bad for both fans who go to watch a decent well fought game spoilt by decisions of the officials!!

Did he get a game ? Thought I heard 10 plus 10 - does that equate to a game ?

dont like to bash players on here but i did think number 15 was going to be all singing and dancing, max and jon are keeping him up atm imo.

Qweeb said:
dont like to bash players on here but i did think number 15 was going to be all singing and dancing, max and jon are keeping him up atm imo.
I was loving pelle new style of aggression, today wasn't matzka game by the looks

A

Anonymous

What i didnt understand was how smith never got penalised before finnerty slashed him. Also why did play go on for a minute or so before it was called?

osh

Well it seems I was at a different game to other posters. We have no one to blame other than ourselves, we took absolutely stupid penalties at times and hardly played any 5 on 5 throughout the 2nd and 3rd periods. In answer to others, yes a linesman can call what is a 'major' penalty - slashing/intent to injure. Blaze in contrast were more disciplined than us, had an exceptional power play and made us look exactly what we are, a very mediocre team. Hicks was very poor no doubt about it, but its too easy to just blame him for a very poor Devils performance. he got the Finnerty call right - he has to accept a linesmans call for such a penalty. what worries me is the performances of some of our players, Matzka was invisible, Kenton Smith was totally out muscled on 2 occassions which cost us goals, passing was awol and our D looked in trouble every time the Blaze went forward. I think G has to make some very big decisions this week, Sawyer looked in big trouble at the end, hope its nothing too serious, but there is no doubt about it, we need to bring in a D who can clear players out of danger areas, and pysically hanle himself, I think both Smiths on D are afraid of their own shadows at times, and if Symonds is only used when we are 6 - 2 down what's the point?

I would happily pay an extra £1.00 per ticket to have better quality refs. It would be far better than having games like that turned in to a farce. The first period was entertaining and close ( we won t get many close games with the current financial divide ) and to have these games destroyed, as spectacles by muppets like Hicks does no good for British Ice Hockey.

Hicks is a joke, and not a very funny one, even though he laughs and smirks at most of his calls himself. I feel totally robbed of my ticket money and if the bloke had any decency he would refund the whole crowd out of his own pocket, he must have plenty of room in his pocket as his whistle is always stuck in his smirking gob