Devils v Blaze - 15/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Its surely got to be a sell out tonight, I suspose it all depends on the amount of standing tickets PI have which are not visible on the online booking service.

Block 2 now sold out.

Total left is now make it 27 seats Blocks 2-15 & only 64 in the Block 1.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #43
Still traveling back home, but phew!

Were Blaze that good, or did we play a similar game to the one we used against the panthers last week?

Blaze really are pushing us close for these wins, but thats 22 straight wins and i'm very thankful for the 2points :)

Chris.

TheStub

Blaze just sent Jeager, rest of the team didn't show up.

We got frustrated with Jeager and over extended, they the punished us on the breakaway. We gave up too many odd man rushes, but Thommo was obviously trying to engineer those all game.

Jeager possibly put up the best netminding display I've seen... um... ever in Uk hockey. It was plain robbery shot after shot. He got to every loose puck, froze it, slowed the game down and gave no rebounds.

Different netminder with that team and we would have repeated Wednesday.

Well done again Cardiff Devils. Terrific tension here during those last 13 minutes. Must have been very tense at the tent as well. Many thanks again to the texters and to MNL. Very much appreciated. ;)

Why do the Devils give us all grey hairs like that. I really thought that was it tonight, I dont think we played well yet bizzarely seemed to have more of the play.

All credit to Coventry though especially Jaeger, he must have felt like waving the white flag at times.

Strangely enough I think I would have been more upset at losing the winning streak that actually losing the game.

Anyway we didnt lose, that's number 22 under the belt. I loved the teams reaction when the goal went in, you would have thought we had won the league it is great to see how much it means to them

mazza03

I don't think that was Cardiff's best game,too many loose pucks, the one goal for Blaze was an own goal from where I was sat, but we won, just. Their nettie was magnificent as was their D, I would like to know why our first goal was wiped out though they should announce it I know the second one was because he had blown the whistle. Well done Devils.

Off topic a bit you have to feel for Edinburgh, 18-1, ouch :roll:

Sounds like a great backs to the wall performance by the Blaze. Shame we aren't getting more credit for taking the future champions to overtime with a short bench.

What did everyone think of Smith's reffing tonight??

Thommo has tweeted "there were 4 Smiths playing for Cardiff tonight" so it's obvious what he thinks and also appeared to be "slow clapping" Smith at the end of the game!

I thought he seemed not as sharp as usual but I honestly don't think it affected the result?

well, that was a bit tense but full credit to Blaze they had a game plan and stuck to it, Jaeger was awesome and must be one of the best net minding displays seen in out Tent! but full credit to our guys they stuck at it and showed great spirit to make it 22 wins, well done guys!

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils v Blaze - 15/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

J.B said:
Sounds like a great backs to the wall performance by the Blaze. Shame we aren't getting more credit for taking the future champions to overtime with a short bench.
All credit to Thommo, he had the right game plan to take this all the way. Jeager having that hot game also helped.

Venus will be one to watch. Best Blaze forward tonight.

J.B said:
I think you will need to wait for some people to actually get home :D

J.B said:
May want to check out Fire and Ice JB! :)

Devils didn't put in a great performance but as they say the best teams are the teams that can win on a bad day. The back check seemed pretty poor tonight and the blaze capitalised on that, Jaegar was an absolute brick wall tonight, which seemed to cause the devils a lot of frustration.
Boom boom put in a great performance I felt and definitely deserved his MoM, put in 100% effort and you could tell he was desperate for that win. Shame he didn't get the penalty shot.
I don't think thommo can blame smith for the loss, we dominated most of the game, just couldn't get the biscuit in the basket.

I found tonight hard to watch. Nothing seemed to flow and every scrap the team got was worked hard for, fair play to Coventry. Well chuffed with the result, and the celebration by the team showed just how much it meant.

On another note, sounds like mega trouble in Panthers camp. Galbraith and MacDonald out drinking all night (straight to breakfast on way in) and then benched; Galbraith has handed in note and apparently Ryan wants to go too. Kwall swapped for Green and he trashed the dressing room. Panthers booed off the ice. Strachs must be wondering what he has walked into.

Gaz G

Just got home.

What a great game that was tonight. The Devils totally dominated the game but gave 2 great opportunities to the blaze which they took.

Had it not been for those two lapses and Jeagars stand out performance the Devils would have won comfortably in my opinion.

I don't think smith called anything unfairly either. Thommo has great coaching skills and I think is getting frustrated hense his daft comment on twitter.

My only concern about tonight is that it makes tomorrows game a damn sight harder.

rolf

i actually thought blaze played a pretty good road game tonight. we didn't play badly at all, far from it, their netminder stood on his ear and stopped a shedful of goals on his own. dean smith was pretty good tonight and could have called more on them from where i was watching but the game flowed and was well worth watching because of that. we won, we move on and coventry NEVER roll over. eye thank yew