Devils v Blaze - 08/10 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Russky

Hicksy is down to ref this ??? who in their right mind at Elite HQ selected him to ref this one?? just to safe a few pennies on the petrol expenses???? I forecast this: a bench clearance but only after the Devils have the game in the bag. I hope the game scorekeeper has about 4 game sheets on which to log all the pens.

Last edited:

Wagstaff

someone commented on Hicks dislike for Devils, I've always felt the same about Blaze, every time we step out of the box he seems to find a way to refill it.
On your man Bordy v Klotz, I just hope nothing like the Tyson Marsh incident happens to either player, I remember the bravado before that game!

Devil94

someone commented on Hicks dislike for Devils, I've always felt the same about Blaze, every time we step out of the box he seems to find a way to refill it.
On your man Bordy v Klotz, I just hope nothing like the Tyson Marsh incident happens to either player, I remember the bravado before that game!
Absolutely. Just a game after all.
I don't think anyone thinks he has a genuine dislike for Cardiff, I certainly don't, I just don't think he's a good referee, especially in a game where things nasty. When things get out of control, he's usually the man in charge.

Russky

I think the Devils fans 'dislike' for Hicks is perceived as he 'seems' to go out of his way to penalise the Devils for the slightest of alleged infraction, as it is perceived he doesnt want to be seen to be 'apparrently' favouring the Devils, given that he lives within twenty miles of the Devils home ice pad. I might be wrong on this but this is just an opinion formed from the conversations I have had with other Devils supporters.

jimmy snels

My dislike for hicks is because he can go a whole period letting the game flow, allowing big hits etc then on a whim change to being the most picky SOB in the world, usually due to players whinging about a call he's made and tit for tat calling. He bottles big calls and always seems to even out the penalties. That fact was noted by me and even simsy agrees with it after i questioned the calling at a devils/sheff game to him.
I genuinely thought the polish fella was a good ref, I like dean smith as well so its not me just hammering officials. I just find hicks to lose control and ruins any enjoyment if it starts to get a tiny bit controversial out there.

Finny

I noticed that at the end of the warm ups, Noble loves to shoot at the empty devils net. Last year Hervato picked up on this and always turned the net the wrong way to wind Noble up. Would love to see someone do that tomorrow and start the mind games off early
Wasn't it the other way around?

Noble definitely turns the net around. He spends the last couple of minutes looking at the opposition trying to find a way to break their superstitions e.g. Making sure he's the last off the ice.

Hervato's answer was to fire the puck at him....

Russky

My dislike for hicks is because he can go a whole period letting the game flow, allowing big hits etc then on a whim change to being the most picky SOB in the world, usually due to players whinging about a call he's made and tit for tat calling. He bottles big calls and always seems to even out the penalties.
I genuinely thought the polish fella was a good ref, I like dean smith as well so its not me just hammering officials. I just find hicks to lose control and ruins any enjoyment if it starts to get a tiny bit controversial out there.
Agreed , Hicksy isnt exactly consistant with his calls. Dean Smith is good ref too. Smeijkal (Sp?i) is from Czech republic, I think he is a g0od ref from the game footage I have seen.

jimmy snels

Is
Agreed , Hicksy isnt exactly consistant with his calls. Dean Smith is good ref too. Smeijkal (Sp?i) is from Czech republic, I think he is a g0od ref from the game footage I have seen.
Is he reffing here full time? Hicks could do with spending a few weeks as lino with him in charge!

KaneDevils

My dislike for hicks is because he can go a whole period letting the game flow, allowing big hits etc then on a whim change to being the most picky SOB in the world, usually due to players whinging about a call he's made and tit for tat calling. He bottles big calls and always seems to even out the penalties. That fact was noted by me and even simsy agrees with it after i questioned the calling at a devils/sheff game to him.
This sums hicks up well. Either let the game flow or allow nothing. Don't change from one to the other between periods. It just doesn't work, isn't fair on the players and make him look amateurish.

Wasn't it the other way around?

Noble definitely turns the net around. He spends the last couple of minutes looking at the opposition trying to find a way to break their superstitions e.g. Making sure he's the last off the ice.

Hervato's answer was to fire the puck at him....
My bad then if that's the case! I'm sure towards the last couple of games Hervato decided to turn the net and also shoot the puck at him as well, could be wrong though! Anyways, looking forward to tonight and getting the points wrapped up

dave

It was Herv and Noble... One of the funniest things to watch as season went on.. the semi final all sorts were going on.

Interesting to see it very nearly sold out already. Us hockey fans love a good bit of drama in a game! Hitting and fighting has and always will sell tickets regardless of what some would have you believe.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Electro

Interesting to see it very nearly sold out already. Us hockey fans love a good bit of drama in a game! Hitting and fighting has and always will sell tickets regardless of what some would have you believe.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That is true up to a point, when someone gets hit hard enough to have a serious injury, it can and will happen one day, is hockey culturally acceptable within British society, could it absorb and survive the inevitable media storm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

That is true up to a point, when someone gets hit hard enough to have a serious injury, it can and will happen one day, is hockey culturally acceptable within British society, could it absorb and survive the inevitable media storm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How serious?