Devils v Blaze - 07/01 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Electro

Not really, our Coach decides to coach and not play, it's his call it's his job, he is the coach not you.
Absolutely the coach has the final say on the team, except l believe Todd has made it very clear who is the boss and what the expectations of the owners are.

Lord is after all, only the coach and it's been voiced previously that whilst publicly he has support in his role, nobody within the team is guaranteed a position without merit.

But as fans, l include the owner group, we are able to spot "issues", being Devils fans, the majority of us are pretty well experts at spotting issues with players, coaching and owners, it's not like we've been blessed with decades of quality on all those fronts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

The fact that lord isnt playing, but, bentivoglio, ulmer, and morisette are, confuses me, and to a degree worries me. Wether were top of the league or not.

ASHIPP

The role of the coach, especially in a title chase and at this stage of the season, surely is to ice the best team possible to create the best chance possible of winning....and,of course, the additional pressure of staying ahead of the chasers.

KaneDevils

The role of the coach, especially in a title chase and at this stage of the season, surely is to ice the best team possible to create the best chance possible of winning....and,of course, the additional pressure of staying ahead of the chasers.
But I don't think he is. There's a difference between your best players and your current best performing players. Lord should be playing and scratching one of the others in my opinion. Perhaps lord is too nice a guy and not ruthless enough?

ASHIPP

But I don't think he is. There's a difference between your best players and your current best performing players. Lord should be playing and scratching one of the others in my opinion. Perhaps lord is too nice a guy and not ruthless enough?
I was speaking generally about the role of any coach. And you're right, sometimes it involves making tough decisions.

Will be interesting to see what, if any changes are made for the Belfast game. They are a very aggressive team with very speedy forwards and some huge, tough players. Games against them are usually physical...and the potential of Bordy being absent.