Devils v Bison - 1st Round BKO - 6pm 11/01 - Chat & Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

MNL will be running for this home fixture at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl.

Devils will again be without Fulton, Campbell and Hartwick. Davies still away with Team GB.

Bison also without a full strength team and could again be without Reiter.

Devils have won all league games against the Bison, but Bison beat Devils in the CC which ultimately led to us not going through. Hopefully the same won't happen for the BKO.

Chris.

Wannabe2

Very boring game, devils played some good hockey, but 8-0 is never nice to see. Anyway the fights, Maciver levels Shaun Thomson big time in front of our goal, Corny takes umbridge and goes for Maciver, Corny throws about 5-6 punches, and Maciver throws two, both missing and the second one taking him of balance he goes down and the linos are in. Not a great fight but a win Cornish better of the two.
Fight 2 Maviver and Olymyk run into each other, and its going to go, Olymyk throws 6 punches and takes Maciver down to the ice, Maciver threw nought, win Olymyk, scrappy affair but only one winner. What it seems to me is, if your a heavy and have balance your on a winner, how many heavies have you seen throw them and then go down. The best scrapper i ever seen over here NHL excempt, was Macwilliams due to the fact he could throw them take them and had the balance to stay upright,

Gazza272

If we release a DVD of this game can we call it the Cardiff bay massacare?

Bison were never allowed into this game, and i cant quite put my finger on it but they didnt look right at all tongiht. Danny Stewart spent the whole night looking unhappy and that was before we even scored one. I actually wouldnt be suprised to see on monday that he has up sticks and left such was his body language, whoever picked him for MOM must have been watching his career highlights rather than tongihts game!

I dont know i just felt that the togetherness that the bison team usually have was gone.

The Devils worked extremely hard as wel always do, and we looked well organised. Tyson was the stand out and the guy probably put in a better performance than the entire Bison team put together. Voth also had a good game, but my MOM probably would have gone to Jarvis i thought his perfromance was spotless.

I'll take wannabe's point about winning 8-0 personally i was gutted we didnt go and get 10. In a two legged affair with the second leg away we should have been (and did) go for as many goals as we could, i was fuming when G put Myers in come the third period, as i thought we could have given them a little bit of light in the tie, as it was our D worked harder and gave Joe the help he needed.

One final word on Jeremy Cornish, he's tried hard, i commend him on trying to better himself and his skills. But the experiement has finished i have watched him now for 3 games at the tent and in those 3 games he hasnt made a single pass, and thats not an exaggeration, he hasnt made a single one. Braff didnt use him on the PP or PK i have to ask what is his purpose anymore, i felt slightly annoyed i paid money to watch players of his standard.

I hope we entertain the 2nd leg in the same mentality and work ethic we did tongiht. Its a shame we had to turn over the Bison but then they didnt mind sticking the puck past us at this stage of the british cup last season, so we did owe them.

I can understand wanting to see hard fought close games - but how can you say an 8-0 win to your team is "boring". I absolutely loved it - especiallys seeing that in my previosu 24 matches of watching the Devils, they'd never scored more than 4, and never won by more than 3, so it made a really nice change in my opinion.

Anyway - no offence to Bison, but I can't see them coming back from 8-0 down... is the KO Cup pre drawn? Do we know who we've got the winner of in the next round?

Wannabe2

ledgend777 said:
I can understand wanting to see hard fought close games - but how can you say an 8-0 win to your team is "boring". I absolutely loved it - especiallys seeing that in my previosu 24 matches of watching the Devils, they'd never scored more than 4, and never won by more than 3, so it made a really nice change in my opinion.

Anyway - no offence to Bison, but I can't see them coming back from 8-0 down... is the KO Cup pre drawn? Do we know who we've got the winner of in the next round?
Sorry mate but you misunderstand my remark, i did not find the game boring because we won 8-0, just thought that the game in general was boring, with some Bison players not seeming interested at all. Myself i dont like to see any team thrashed, yes it is going to happen thats life, but i dont like to see any team struggling, as if it happens too often players want to leave, fans drift away, teams then struggle to survive, and often drop down a league. This then results in the league they have left being poorer, and its a knock on effect which doesnt do anyone any good. Please dont get me wrong, i am aware that teams going 3-4 goals up, cant then take there feet of the throttle, as that also would be wrong, its just that i dont like to see teams struggle, just my view of course.But well played Devils, and a rewarding weekend.

Koop11

A good win against deflated, short benched Bison team. Bison usually have a high tempo to their game but for whatever reason last night then couldn’t put it together. Their approach has clearly changed having lost the very reliable Reiter. We all know from last season how your game changes when your starting goalie is out.

I really felt for the Bison last night and in general this season. They have hard working, honest players and their fans are fantastic but it looks like their season is slowly going to the dogs at the moment.

Us, well I thought we did what we had to do. Some pretty goals as the game slowly became an exhibition. Despite Voth getting 4 goals this weekend and a MoM last night, something doesn’t look right in him. Not sure if his injury is still playing up but something is missing. I thought Tyson and Jarvis played a great game and Phil Hill built up on his ever impressive tally for the season (28 points already). Great season for him so far.

Jay Loonball was again the controlling force up front. I think it’s a matter of time before he takes over as top point scorer in this team. Good to see our other top centre, Silverthorne finding his feet a little more. His work rate has been great this year, especially the shifts he’s putting in, but his points tally hasn’t been rewarding of his hard work. Hopefully that will continue to climb now.

Some massive games coming up now in the second half of the season. We play a lot of teams around us, including the illusive Phoenix who, for whatever reason, we cannot seem to catch despite hitting spells of good form.

No offence to Bison, but seeing as we're practically in the semi-final's, does anyone know if the KO Cup is all drawn beforehand - in other words - do we know who we'll have the winners of? Kind of hoping it's not Belfast! Was hoping Coventry would beat them to potentailly go to both legs of the semi's if we'd drawn them.

Anyway - anyone know?