Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Another 2 warmup games, this time against HC ’05 Banská Bystrica of the Slovak Extraliga :RAWK

IceTime will be covering these games with a webcast, and all the details can be found at https://www.icetime.tv/ :D

There will be no MNL coverage for this game, we're still trying to work out if it will run at all this season, details can be found on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9812

Another chance to see our team against some pretty damn good opponents, and it's not against the Blaze so it's worth going to see :)

Wannabe2

Re: Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda

Can't wait to watch our team again, roll on the weekend I say.

Another chance to see our team against some pretty damn good opponents, and it's not against the Blaze so it's worth going to see :)[/quote]

I'm looking forward to the pre-season friendlies against Coventry. I'm sure the variety of the games against the other pre-season opponents, both in terms of style of play and quality of the individual players, will benefit the Devils but I would hope there will always be a pre-season friendly against either Coventry or Sheffield.

Michel Handzus played for Banska last year!! 1000+ games in the NHL, nearly 500 points, Stanley Cup winner. What a player to watch at IAW. Doesn't look like he's re-signed so far this off-season though

ASHIPP

Ty Wishart will be playing on defence - a gigantic quality defenceman who I would have loved to see play in this league.
There is always next season.

Banska have a great mix of North Americans and Europeans. Can't wait to see their style of play.

Foxy

So what level of ice hockey can we expect this weekend?

A great deal higher than the EIHL. However based on last Sunday's game we will cause Banská Bystrica problems!!

Wannabe2

Foxy said:
So what level of ice hockey can we expect this weekend?
Fast, skilful, and another great test for our lads,these are unbelievable pre season games, just the type of opposition we need to get our band of brothers up to speed, how awesome is it too not only see top quality, but different opposition to the norm. Can't wait for the weekend to come, and truelly believe come the season proper, were going to be ready for anyone, don't you just love it. The Red Army is on the march folks, just make sure your there to see it yourself.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

matbur

Really looking forward to tonight, don't know anything about Banska but if they're a couple of notches below KHL scale, then we will have a far more closely contested game!

Wonder if Lord will play tonight, he'll be needing some minutes for his own conditioning and preparation.

voth26

Would someone be so kind to post any score from tonight's game please, im in sunny Cyprus and the WiFi is rubbish lol

kettdevil1

voth26 said:
Would someone be so kind to post any score from tonight's game please, im in sunny Cyprus and the WiFi is rubbish lol
Currently 2-2 deep in third. Myers and Ulmer for us.

Wannabe2

Well played lads, awesome display, love the look of this team, we certainly look a TEAM in every which way. Thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Wannabe2

voth26 said:
Think you will love this team when you return home, they are a pure joy to watch.

matbur

Without taking anything away from a good performance this side weren't a patch on the KHL team imo. We looked very sharp again.

Freezing there again!

Wannabe2

matbur said:
Without taking anything away from a good performance this side weren't a patch on the KHL team imo. We looked very sharp again.

Freezing there again!
That's why they don't play in the KHL. ?????

ASHIPP

matbur said:

Freezing there again!
Two things: Zagreb had been together for a few weeks and played several pre-season games
before visiting Cardiff.

Slovakian league is a good level - higher than EIHL but a few notches below KHL. Banska have a good few players on try out at the mo.

Expect tomorrow night will be feisty. Banska will be looking to win the game.

Wonder if Tom Murdy will get a period in nets..be good for him. Thought Callum Buglass played his shifts smart and simple tonight. He is a big future tallent.

Diafol

As much as I enjoyed watching the exhibition from Medvescak last week, I must say that tonight was a much more entertaining game.

Mark Louis is probably the stand-out player from the newbies for me at the moment.
Layne Ulmer is also looking good.
I don't think I've seen a last-second winner like that since Burgy did it in Sheffield years ago :)

Ocko

Watched on the webcast; thought we were excellent. Ulmer a standout tonight but the 3rd and 4th lines did a very good job.

The Myers, Lord, Haddad line was superb, the opposition couldn't deal with their intensity. Makes you think what if for last season if we'd kept Myers.