Devils U16s make National Junior Playoff finals

Thread starter #1
It gives us great pleasure to confirm that our 2010/2011 Devils U16s squad has this weekend confirmed 2nd place in the "A" league, which means that they have qualified for the National Junior Playoff weekend in Sheffield in May! This is a great achievement, as they are the first Cardiff junior team to do this in 6 years (since the old rink). The last time a Cardiff Junior team made it, they had players including Sam Smith, Ben Davies in the squad and we have seen where they have gone onto since.

The National junior play-offs see the top two teams from the South play-off against the top two teams from the north in the same format as the Elite League play-offs, Nottingham weekend. This decides the National junior champions! This group has great potential for the future, and are hoping to end the season with a bang.

This Saturday (23rd), they play their final league game of the season, at home to Peterborough at 4.30pm. The squad will be without the services of their South West Conference players who will be away playing in France, but the rest of the team will be wanting to finish on a High note. If you are free, please come down and support as we look to give them a great send off ready for Nationals! Entry is Free!!

Thanks!

osh

els97; thanks for posting this info and well done to all those associated with the 16's (players, family, coaches and all others). I won't be around to go to any of the games but would urge Devils fans to turn up and support the team, sometimes a good crowd can act as an 'extra man' to the players. Also gives those attending a chance to see players that may play for us at senior level in the not too distant future, good luck guys !

Thread starter #4
THe U16s signed off their league campaign with a 5-0 win at home over league champions yesterday, meaning that the squad now enter the Nationals on a 4 game win streak. An impressive win considering the squad was missing 5 regular players.

Thanks to all those who came down to support and give the team a great send off prior to Nationals Playoffs in Sheffeild on May 14th and 15th.

osh

Well done guys and good luck in the finals. Have to say that I'm very surprised that you have had such a small response to this topic!

Well done guys, i spoke to 3 of the players last week who were helping me with my skating, nice guys and deserve it! Only knew who they were when i seen the pictures in the Echo :)