Devils @ Steelers - Sun, 1, Nov, 2015 - Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This Sunday its Devils Vs Steelers, no comments about Fitzy or any other player from Sheffield as we are bored of irate Steelers fans have near to incomprehensible go's at us on Twitter.

There are I understand still some places on the Red Army Travel bus to Sheffield details of which are here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9073 this may change so get in quick etc etc.

Sheffield run a webcast service with details here https://sheffieldsteelers.tv/ can't vouch for the quality so if anyone's used in and found it either good or bad let us know.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

If you are Sheffield bound and read this - I need some texters as two have just cried off. If you can help or know someone who can get in touch

ASHIPP

Hell of an improvement on our last outing against Sheffield. Well done Devils getting a point in that place. This keeps them in the mix...the Guys will be knackered and glad to get out of there.

I see this as a point lost to be honest.steelers were forced to play their back up for nearly 40 minutes and we could only put one by him,not good enough for me I'm disappointed we didn't take it to them.nottingham put 7 past them last night while missing several imports to put things in perspective.

Devil94

The boys looked knackered in the 3rd. Thought we played well, and got to be happy with taking a point. And of course Salters inducing jelly legs to his ex team mate fitzy.

ASHIPP

devils1990 said:
I see this as a point lost to be honest.steelers were forced to play their back up for nearly 40 minutes and we could only put one by him,not good enough for me I'm disappointed we didn't take it to them.nottingham put 7 past them last night while missing several imports to put things in perspective.
That's true but Panthers won on their own ice and it was their only game this weekend. Devils' away form is very erratic at the mo. Given injuries, travel and inconsistent away results a point is better than no points.

Look at it from the squeelers point of view...Devils coming into their house of tin and taking a point from them. Those hard earned points, like in Belfast will prove to be invaluable come to the end of the season. Still need to win there this season to be champions though.

I see your point ashipp maybe it may be an important point just disappointed we didn't get 2 as I see it this was a golden opportunity to beat them on they're own ice and we couldn't do it.another worry for me is the players looking tired in the 3rd period,we are only 2 months into the season and we haven't had a midweek game yet.i just hope we don't run out of steam like we did at the end of last season or we will miss the final 4 in Nottingham again.

Would've taken a point everyday of the week. Yes it was a shame we couldn't test the backup but didn't help with Batch not icing in the third. It's games/results like this that will help push for the league.

voth26

Some might see it as a point lost but look at it this way a point from any away game is better than no points at all!!. Steelers might have had their back up nettie in, but that meant the steelers were playing even harder to keep the Devils away from him, without making excuses the ref sure called some weird and wonderful calls on us, there were plenty of retaliation pens called on us but he seemed to ignore the initial infringement like Salters being called when he was checked AFTER he played the puck!!. Bowns was immense again tonight and deserved the win. One thing I have to say and I'm expecting to get roasted for it but hey ho somethings have to be said, but I have to say it, the guy who does our commentary and did it tonight I'm guessing he is very knowledgeable but comes across very negative with his comments on the Devils games to such an extent that on the rare occasions I can't get to a game and I stream it I turn the volume down!!.

Really enjoyed the game!! Does anyone know how many shots we put on their backup? I would guess nor many. I was expecting it to turn into a shooting gallery but the steelers did a great job of getting bodies in the shooting lanes. Also I have to say the steelers webcast is what we should aspire to. A really professional set up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bb1

Going in to last nights games I would have definitely been happy with a point. However when the game started we can clearly see that Sheffield were struggling themselves. The fact they are imports down and spending most of game with a nettle that has a 5GAA then I did feel like a point lost. We won't get too many better chances than last night to take home 2 points from them in house of tin.

Great to see Salters finally show us that he won't take any crap and the same with Batchy, my one observation is that we always seem to let Mosienko have a free run at the game. He always runs the show against us and is arguably their best player. If you took him out of the game last night they would have struggled big time in our zone. I say put someone on his back and in his ear every time we play them.

Overall disappointing end but great effort from the boys!

Sheincar

danhall76 said:
Really enjoyed the game!! Does anyone know how many shots we put on their backup? I would guess nor many. I was expecting it to turn into a shooting gallery but the steelers did a great job of getting bodies in the shooting lanes. Also I have to say the steelers webcast is what we should aspire to. A really professional set up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
16 shots on Day it seems http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/ot-lo ... sheffield/

KaneDevils

Funny old thing sport. Was expecting a defeat, and would of been over the moon with a point. As it turns out, I feel slightly disappointed at not getting the two.

Great effort from the team though.

Played well enough in the first forty minutes to take two points.

In the third we completely ran out of gas and played zonal D for almost the whole thing, it was shocking that we allowed Sheffield all that time and space when we should have been down in the Sheffield zone peppering their back up with shots.

We looked a lot more composed on the large ice though. Frustrated that we probably could have grabbed the other point on offer but if we take a point in every game at Sheffield this year, given we didn't take any league points last year I'll be more than happy.