Devils sign Polish International Netminder

Paul Sullivan

Sheincar said:
Michel16 said:
im a bit confused myself, but why not wait until pope have explained the reasons and decision in his interview tomorrow morning to sign another netminder? cook could be playing injured, need to go back home, nobody knows so think we should wait until tomorrow before we judge. just my personal view of course.
So why not delay the announcement until Pope can explain the whole thing or do the interview today. Yet more badly handled PR!!
I'll take that one. The fear of a leak is greater than the desire or ability to manage the process to a level that would explain what *may* be a reasonable or justifiable position to all concerned parties.

It's knee-jerk PR, the most humorous part of which (and this really is a FACT :lol: ) is that the two biggest sources of leaked information at the club are the ones running it.

Looking forward to the interview.

Ocko

Thread starter #22
Finny said:
Apparently Vincent Tan rang up the club last week and pointed out that Cook has the lowest goals and assists in the teams.
I don't know....He's was catching Phil Hill though, Hill is only 1 point ahead of Cook during his Steelers time! :lol: (Hill 3 points, Cook 2 points)

Finny

Would it be unfair to suggest that the club thought they were signing a defenceman, and only realised the truth when he rang and asked if they'd pay the extra fee for his netminder kit to be flown over too? :lol:

Ocko

Thread starter #25
When I initially started this thread I actually put D man instead of net minder, only when I was copying the link did I notice that it was in fact a goalie... Don't think anyone saw this one coming. :roll:

Skippy

Finny said:
Would it be unfair to suggest that the club thought they were signing a defenceman, and only realised the truth when he rang and asked if they'd pay the extra fee for his netminder kit to be flown over too? :lol:
Part of me wonders if that's true

Gazza272

I can see what will happen is that it will be sold as Cook needing the burden of being a starter taken away from him and that him and the new guy will share the duties.

Finny

Amongst the madness, it should be pointed out that Kosowski stats and previous history does look pretty impressive.

You can't help but feel that if he had played on Sunday the score could have been very different. Perhaps only 4-10?

ASHIPP

Interview will be interesting as it's all speculation at the moment.

Can only guess myself that Phil Cook must be injured? The losses recently have not been his fault. Devils have been playing with a decimated defence.

Does this mean that the much-needed and hoped for defenceman will not be materialising?

Welcome to Cardiff anyway Kamil.

:?

fif

devils2001uk said:
I had heard something that the back that we had been using for game had been let go, though it makes me think where is all this money coming from ?
Its seems quite plain to me that the money for Kurka and new boys coming in is a nice fat cash injection to remove egg off face for showing no improvement from the team since the departure of Franny and G. (please do not shout at me if you do not agree)

ASHIPP said:
Interview will be interesting as it's all speculation at the moment.

Can only guess myself that Phil Cook must be injured? The losses recently have not been his fault. Devils have been playing with a decimated defence.

Does this mean that the much-needed and hoped for defenceman will not be materialising?

Welcome to Cardiff anyway Kamil.

:?
the new d man isn't coming, he had signed the paper work etc, but then pulled out at the last moment

DevilDom

Very strange signing.

He must be cheap and it screams of panic to me. Pope and Ragan can now say they have the full import quota but it doesn't help the beleaguered troops on D.

Can't wait for Pope's words of wisdom tomorrow. I'm sure there will be plenty of them, but I'll probably be left even more confused!

Finny

Gazza272 said:
I can see what will happen is that it will be sold as Cook needing the burden of being a starter taken away from him and that him and the new guy will share the duties.
If that's how they play it then I'd have to disagree.
Cook would have played most of his career sharing netminder duties, and it doesn't seem to have ever helped him.

I wasn't sure about Cook when we signed him, and even after that first great game at home to Sheffield I wasn't convinced. But gradually he has won me over and I have been impressed with him. He's won us a couple of games and has barely been at fault for any of the goals we have conceded.

To such an extent in fact that unless the club are going to aim higher than 4th-6th next year I'd be happy to have him back after the summer.