Devils sign Polish International Netminder

Diafol

Really don't understand this one - I'd have thought priority lay with getting some defensive cover. Has Cookie quit or something then ?

Ocko

Thread starter #7
Diafol said:
Really don't understand this one - I'd have thought priority lay with getting some defensive cover. Has Cookie quit or something then ?
Seemed happy enough with the team by his comments on twitter last night.

Although the way he gets hung out to dry in some games you wouldn't blame him.

I think the Polish league is a similar level to ours and his stats seem pretty good. Just a bit strange why we've gone for a goalie when we need D men desperately. Unless Richie and Quiney are close to a return?

Wannabe2

Totally untrue, cant believe this decision, Cook has been left out to dry so often, think most people were happy with Phil, weird decision but to be honest nothing surprises me with this lot.Wonder how long this miracle signing will last, our D is down to the bones and we come up with this nonsense.

Finny

Apparently Vincent Tan rang up the club last week and pointed out that Cook has the lowest goals and assists in the teams.

Is cook playing injured? Cook whilst not being a world beater seemed decent. However he did mix in world class saves with schoolboy errors. 2 import jettison the roster? Surely not?

fif

What the hell is going on with this team. I actually like Cookie and think he has made some amazing saves. I do hope that this club has not humiliated him. Of course I welcome Kosowski to the team and to Cardiff but surely we need to be replacing the likes of Conboy etc. Do we hold the record yet for how many goal tenders we can get through in 1 season??? :DWD

im a bit confused myself, but why not wait until pope have explained the reasons and decision in his interview tomorrow morning to sign another netminder? cook could be playing injured, need to go back home, nobody knows so think we should wait until tomorrow before we judge. just my personal view of course.

Sheincar

Michel16 said:
im a bit confused myself, but why not wait until pope have explained the reasons and decision in his interview tomorrow morning to sign another netminder? cook could be playing injured, need to go back home, nobody knows so think we should wait until tomorrow before we judge. just my personal view of course.
So why not delay the announcement until Pope can explain the whole thing or do the interview today. Yet more badly handled PR!!

Chris

Administrator
Then they perhaps should have released the news all at once, releasing signing news tonight with no actual explanation of what is going on isn't going to help them start to repair the damage that has already been done to the fanbase.

The only positive I can see from this is that Kosowskis stats don't appear to be all that bad... Otherwise it's hard to see how the club decided it was good to announce this news in this way :DWD