Devils sign Patrick Bordeleau

Koop11

Holly Sheet!!!! :eek:

Arguably the biggest signing in Devils history. This for me really is the missing piece of the puzzle. I like many had concerns that our skilled team could not be protected alone by Batch and Louis, plus I’m not a fan of your defencemen being the ones taking major penalties. A no nonsense winger was required and boy have we signed one of the highest order. So excited to see Mr Bordeleau play for us this season.

A huge well done and thank you to the Canadian quartet, the Devils management and coaching staff for making this signing happen. To show our gratitude as fans, we really must try our upmost to fill that arena week in, week out. Spread the word people. The Cardiff Devils are the hottest ticket in town!

Mooney#16

I don't think you can under estimate how much the club now needs the fans. More so than ever. The owners and management have and good on them put up the money and ambition to sign potentially Devils best ever assembled roster and that's including the ISL era. The fans really now need to buy into what is taking place in Cardiff and beat that drum loud and proud. I always said IAW would take all the excuses of the table and the owners have done just that. Bring a friend. Bring a relative. Bring anyone who'll listen. There are no excuses. This is a watershed season and could be Devils most successful in along time. The fans just might be the difference to get the team over the line. And if you care, the players will care.

Bordeleau along with his family COULD quite easily be costing Devils anywhere north of 2.5k a week if not more. In simple terms that's another 167 bums on seats. The Devils fans deserve success but they will also need to earn it. We don't want a boom and bust either. Get involved folks. A packed house is more fun, with a winning team it will be awesome.

Mooney#16 said:
I don't think you can under estimate how much the club now needs the fans. More so than ever. The owners and management have and good on them put up the money and ambition to sign potentially Devils best ever assembled roster and that's including the ISL era. The fans really now need to buy into what is taking place in Cardiff and beat that drum loud and proud. I always said IAW would take all the excuses of the table and the owners have done just that. Bring a friend. Bring a relative. Bring anyone who'll listen. There are no excuses. This is a watershed season and could be Devils most successful in along time. The fans just might be the difference to get the team over the line. And if you care, the players will care.

Bordeleau along with his family COULD quite easily be costing Devils anywhere north of 2.5k a week if not more. In simple terms that's another 167 bums on seats. The Devils fans deserve success but they will also need to earn it. We don't want a boom and bust either. Get involved folks. A packed house is more fun, with a winning team it will be awesome.
+1
Could not agree more! We all have to make this happen together!!

osh

I think Mooney#16 and Koop11 ( plus others ) are right, we now need to ensure we encourage as many friends and 1st timers to try out the 'Devils experience' to back up what the owners and management have provided for us this season.
I also think the club needs to 'up the ante' and do things as I previously mentioned in another post, i.e get out into the city centre and set up stalls where videos of games can be shown and get the players to do publicity work alongside volunteers, especially as it is still school holiday time and thre are plenty of people around the place, show snippets of games on the big screens around town and perhaps give out vouchers for maybe 10% to 20% discounts for the first 200 available seats for the month of September/October, anything to get newbies along.
I am bringing 2 first timers along to the Braehead game, and I hope they will then come to more games as a result of what they see.

Devil_Abroad

I think we can all also engage in social media by sharing as much as we can across all the various platforms we use. It would great if we could encourage Icetimetv to produce a professional minute video of goals - fights - full house of fans cheering - player quotes etc that we could promote across the net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mooney#16 said:

Agree 99% with you there - and I know time may fade the memory a little, but the vast majority of our ISL sides would in my opinion still be far stronger - some totally stacked with the weakest Brit being Chinny/Stoney!

Have Hope#35

kingmo19.2 said:
Mooney#16 said:

Agree 99% with you there - and I know time may fade the memory a little, but the vast majority of our ISL sides would in my opinion still be far stronger - some totally stacked with the weakest Brit being Chinny/Stoney!
But that was circa.3 Line Hockey... This is stacked 4 Line Hockey with an Ex-NHLer on the 4th and a Spare! The best Roster i've seen on paper imo.

Mooney#16

It's a talking point.

Herly Bowns
Lyle. Muddy

F Evans. Batch
R Evans. Bugloss
K Noble. Fournier
D Parrish. Hotham
A Schular. Hotham
R Strachan. Louis
C Norris. Richardson

K Ahlroos. Asselin
T Brigley. Bentivoglio
D Chasse. Bordeleau
J Hanlon. Brine
P Hill. Culligan
R Kowalsky. Doucet
I Matulik. Haddad
I McIntyre. Jones
S Moria. Lord
M Ware. Martin
J Parco. Morrisette
J Phillips. Myers
M Poulson. Piggott
V Sacratini. Ulmer
S Thornton
A Zima

Be a bloody good game that but might give the edge to the old team based on more offence and goaltending. I'd say the current squad D looks better though.

The crazy thing to note here is the old team has 11 players that would class as EU players in today's EIHL.

Pretty much agree with Mooney, have to give it to the ISL side, the ISL forwarrds and Goal tending are stronger, but our current defence looks better and today's squad would give them a great game.
That said, I think todays hockey gives a far better oppportunity for the Brits and the development of true 4 line hockey is great.
The ISL was a great show, this is a better league.

Devil May Care said:
The ISL roster was good, but I can't remember a time like this, I just can't. We could be entering a golden age.

Great article on Bordy here by Terry Phillips. He is much more than fists as we know :p

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice- ... k-11800595

Enjoy
Probably agree that this years team has the edge.
Also worth remembering that the ISL roster that we are comparing against, quite a few of those players were only here for a handful of games and never here as a complete roster.
Some players were gone by October!

voth26

Bordeleau sounds very confident in his interview on Wales on line. Already said he will fight as or when needs be and won't back down from anyone, I expect a few offers to dance coming his way, in the opening few games possibly. I'm looking forward to seeing him use his skills and hard checks and hits. Bring it on Devils soon time to unleash hell

Temme

Thread starter #56
Mooney#16 said:
It's a talking point.

Herly Bowns
Lyle. Muddy

F Evans. Batch
R Evans. Bugloss
K Noble. Fournier
D Parrish. Hotham
A Schular. Hotham
R Strachan. Louis
C Norris. Richardson

K Ahlroos. Asselin
T Brigley. Bentivoglio
D Chasse. Bordeleau
J Hanlon. Brine
P Hill. Culligan
R Kowalsky. Doucet
I Matulik. Haddad
I McIntyre. Jones
S Moria. Lord
M Ware. Martin
J Parco. Morrisette
J Phillips. Myers
M Poulson. Piggott
V Sacratini. Ulmer
S Thornton
A Zima

Be a bloody good game that but might give the edge to the old team based on more offence and goaltending. I'd say the current squad D looks better though.

The crazy thing to note here is the old team has 11 players that would class as EU players in today's EIHL.

The ISL team is far better purely for the fact that Chuck Norris was on defence.

ASHIPP

We often debate how rising import limits may indicate the demise of developing British talent. That ISL team certainly had some big names and plenty of toughness....sad to see just 3 British players on that list. :?

Wannabe2

Mooney#16 said:
It's a talking point.

Herly Bowns
Lyle. Muddy

F Evans. Batch
R Evans. Bugloss
K Noble. Fournier
D Parrish. Hotham
A Schular. Hotham
R Strachan. Louis
C Norris. Richardson

K Ahlroos. Asselin
T Brigley. Bentivoglio
D Chasse. Bordeleau
J Hanlon. Brine
P Hill. Culligan
R Kowalsky. Doucet
I Matulik. Haddad
I McIntyre. Jones
S Moria. Lord
M Ware. Martin
J Parco. Morrisette
J Phillips. Myers
M Poulson. Piggott
V Sacratini. Ulmer
S Thornton
A Zima

Who was R Evans ??????