Devils sign Patrick Bordeleau

Earnie said:
Top signing. Thrilled.

Simmsy not said much?
Nah...not much. Just a bit of "I told you this would happen but Cardiff fans did not believe me...please queue up and apologise...I always know more than you"

Usual guff and tripe and I should stop reading it and posting about it. More fool me. :oops:

SteveKing

I can't even describe to you how excited I've been to get this news out to you all. I've been reading with glee as you've pleaded for more toughness, knowing we had this young man lined up. I believe that we've just landed the biggest, toughest player in our league and one that is actually also very good at playing hockey! Patrick had several NHL/AHL as well as DEL offers and instead chose our little team in Wales. Incredible.

So now our attention shifts to marketing our team and our great sport to the good people of Cardiff. For people who like fast paced skill Ana scoring, we've got it in spades. Martin, Doucet, Bentivoglio, Ulmer and Hotham all have potential to be in the top ten in league scoring. Asselin and Morrisette shouldn't be far off.

For those of you who like physicality, in addition to having the toughest guy in the league, in Louis and Batch we also have two more in the top eight. The Devils will certainly not be messed with this year.

Obviously putting a team like this on the ice requires bums in seats. For anybody that has friends or family that has never seen a hockey game, bring them out. Our commitment to this fabulous city and you amazing fans is pretty damn clear so let's work together to have that arena rocking every night.

What a day to be a Devils fan!!!

d20

SteveKing said:
I can't even describe to you how excited I've been to get this news out to you all. I've been reading with glee as you've pleaded for more toughness, knowing we had this young man lined up. I believe that we've just landed the biggest, toughest player in our league and one that is actually also very good at playing hockey! Patrick had several NHL/AHL as well as DEL offers and instead chose our little team in Wales. Incredible.

So now our attention shifts to marketing our team and our great sport to the good people of Cardiff. For people who like fast paced skill Ana scoring, we've got it in spades. Martin, Doucet, Bentivoglio, Ulmer and Hotham all have potential to be in the top ten in league scoring. Asselin and Morrisette shouldn't be far off.

For those of you who like physicality, in addition to having the toughest guy in the league, in Louis and Batch we also have two more in the top eight. The Devils will certainly not be messed with this year.

Obviously putting a team like this on the ice requires bums in seats. For anybody that has friends or family that has never seen a hockey game, bring them out. Our commitment to this fabulous city and you amazing fans is pretty damn clear so let's work together to have that arena rocking every night.

You Stevo and the rest of the #Calgary4 are f***ing legends.....unreal signing and what a team....Thank you.

It's just jaw off floor time. BORDERLEAU - MYERS - HADDAD :eek: :eek:

With Bordy crashing the net...let alone standing in the crease in front of Stewart on the PP....what are you going to do about it...just what exactly!!! :lol:

Hope this gets fans who have been flirting with a season ticket will now commit to watch the only show in town!! :Banana :pickle

Jaw Dropping news!!

SteveKing said:

Hats off to Steve & Co for pulling this off - huge (pardon the pun) signing. Superb job done by all concerned regarding the recruitment of the squad. I've picked and chosen my games over the past few seasons but will be purchasing 2 x Season Tickets for the forthcoming season - not just to enjoy the best show in town but also as a thank you to Steve & Co for dragging the club back from a pretty bleak place to where it is today. Hey Steve, if you like Football, there is a club not a million miles away that could do with an awesome owner :)

Wannabe2

SteveKing said:

No words could ever express the high that the great people of Cardiff are on today, and that is due to the total commitment of our amazing ownership, managementt and staff. To many the Devils are like family it's that much a part of many peoples lives, it's much much more than a sports clubs it's very much a way of life as all you guys are very well aware of. I fully believe season 2016/17 will be the season we have waited for a long time and I am not just talking about silverware, we are certainly going to be entertained. It's now time more than ever before to do our bit to get our place rocking, spread the word to those less fortunate than us,and help them find the light than shines within us all.Devils now are the focal talking point around the league, except this time it's all good,and about just how strong we are looking, where as once they looked over their shoulder to see how we are doing, now they look from behind and that sure feels good. We now move forward as one Army, the M4 south is now going to really be the ROAD TO HELL for many away fans.ITS A NEW DAWN, ITS A NEW DAY, AND ITS FEELING GOOD.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS FOLKS.

kingmo19.2 said:
SteveKing said:

Hats off to Steve & Co for pulling this off - huge (pardon the pun) signing. Superb job done by all concerned regarding the recruitment of the squad. I've picked and chosen my games over the past few seasons but will be purchasing 2 x Season Tickets for the forthcoming season - not just to enjoy the best show in town but also as a thank you to Steve & Co for dragging the club back from a pretty bleak place to where it is today. Hey Steve, if you like Football, there is a club not a million miles away that could do with an awesome owner :)
Too right......Port Talbot Town need some serious help! I can just about remember my trip to Turku! Happy days!

I'm sure there is a mad keen PTT fan on Devils Twitter....I think he also went to Finland. If I am right...and he follows the inferno...send me a message. Would be great to catch up!

Cheers. TD

ASHIPP

Devil May Care said:
It's just jaw off floor time. BORDERLEAU - MYERS - HADDAD :eek: :eek:

With Bordy crashing the net...let alone standing in the crease in front of Stewart on the PP....what are you going to do about it...just what exactly!!! :lol:

Hope this gets fans who have been flirting with a season ticket will now commit to watch the only show in town!! :Banana :pickle

Jaw Dropping news!!
Won't just be the only show in town....Devils will be the best show ANYWHERE in UK ice hockey.

I am still gobsmacked. Massive credit and thanks to our Calgary Family and TK's team for making this happen. Three years ago our beloved Club was dying and the laughing stock of the league.

If only I didn't live in Gloucester there would be another 3 season tickets to that list. I look forward to bringing the band of 10 down every other week.

Looking to catch as many games as possibly this year, I seriously can't freaking wait!

Slartibartfast

In years past I have worried if the owners could live up to the high expectations of the fans. Now I worry if the fans can live up to the expectations of the owners. We really need to pack the IAW out every week and be louder than ever. We cannot lose these owners ever.

I'm a pretty happy fan right now :) loved Bordy with the Avs - a true warrior who gives his all, he's gonna be lethal in front of the net!

A very understated reaction from the Red Army on this latest signing :lol:
Huge signing, hope the kid's college fund is ok there Steve
What a team, what a season this is shaping up to be. I'll be getting my dad and brother down to a few games this year, their first in years

Best roster in Devils history

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!