Devils Sign New D-Man -> Gleason Fournier

Finny

3rd round draft pick in 2009. Split his first three seasons as a pro between the ECHL and AHL, winning the Calder Cup along the way.

Last season and a half in the ECHL where he looks to have pretty solid stats for a Dman. Should be a good addition.

august04

A much needed addition.
I'm wondering if Marsh is out for an extended time too, that injury is of real concern.

Just a tough, power forward with plenty of spark to come in and we're all set!

Earnie

Very pleased to get Gleason.
On its own it is not the whole answer - the rest need to buck up and play like we know they can.
We also miss our Captain.

voth26

well that's a surprise, amazing what goes on in the background :roll: :roll: . one question it does raise is what about Tyson and how long is he going to be out??

Looks a mobile young d man with decent AHL experience. His age tells me he will be around longer than the end of the season. Well done Devils for acting quickly!!! :Banana

Devil94

If there is only one mid season signing, I think I would have preferred to see a forward rather than a d-man, making up for creativity and goals missing by Walton.
But this is a good signing nevertheless, looks a solid player. Hope it's not the end for marsh though.

Koop11

Looks signing is very timely and I am pleased it’s a defenceman. Our squad has loads of points in it already but priority in the home stretch is to be defensively strong. I think this also suggests Marsh’s injury is worse than rumoured and dare I suggest could mean his career over (as he was thinking of retiring in the summer). If not then its good to know we have further cover on his return.

Welcome to Cardiff Mr Fournier.

ASHIPP

Wow this young man was already on his way to us after our performances over Christmas.
Fantastic news. A solid signing.

The implication is that Tyson's recovery might be longer...hoping that he is ok and we will see him back on the ice asap.

Welcome to Cardiff, Gleason. Hope you enjoy your time here.

osh

Good to see that this move has been on the cards for some time. It was clear to some of us that changes had to be made, so we were seeing the same lapses that the coach was seeing for sure. Those saying no changes were needed, well, we needed to do something and let's hope this new import can get us back to where we were earlier in the season. Am I entirely happy ? No is the answer to that. I would like to see a new forward of similar size to Salters brought in to ensure we aren't getting brushed aside by opposition defenders as has been happening for a quod while.

wildthing74

Looks very much in the Hotham mould if you look at his stats and his PP experience so I guess we are likely more mobile on the blue. I would still expect maybe 1 more forward to be added so we can freshen the attack although the 9 guys we have on the top 3 lines are more than capable even with Wally out.

Considering his age I would think he could be a signing long term if it works out and good the club are looking at players with the big ice in mind with so few games left in BBT(please God).

http://www.adn.com/article/20160102/ace ... ah-win-3-2

The Aces played the game without defenseman Gleason Fournier, who is no longer with the team. Murray said Fournier is headed to England to play for the Cardiff Devils of the Elite Ice Hockey League in the United Kingdom. He played his final game with the Aces in Friday’s 2-1 loss to Utah.

“He came to me earlier in the week, told me that he had an offer from a team in the British league,” Murray said. “I thought I’d talked him out of it and I think the British team came back with a better offer. He’s decided to go to Europe.”

“Very disappointing for me and his teammates,” Murray said. “I like Gleason a lot, I really like the way he plays, but this really disappointed me, him leaving in us like he is right now at this point in the season.”