Devils sign Jamie Hayes...

ASHIPP

Jamie is a very accomplished young player....guess it was a matter of time before he was called up to join the Devils. If my memory is correct, didn't G already sing Jamie's praises a few months back? And he's a Brit. Welcome on board, Jamie and all the best for the coming season :D

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #4
Am a bit more excited now i've read the clubs press release :)

Sounds like a good idea bringing these players in as 'apprentices' to allow them to train with the senior team, but also get ice time and can only do our junior system good as well.

Chris.

Gazza272

I know G said that he is there to push others if they arent playing well, but with Hayes and Davies all we need is another brit (fisher?) and we have a potential 4th line there. A 4th line that i believe would not let us down at this level.

I'm very excited at the way G is building the team this year Depth seems very much the aim of the game this year. Which could really help us down the stretch if everyone stays fit.

Good signing really. Can easily do Frannys job on the 3rd line, and he's still a teenager so plenty of time to develop. He's quite big aswell which is always handy for a young player.

Also I think when he played for GB U20's he was on a higher line than Ben Davies so he is thought of highly by the GB coaches.

And it means that his gameworn Devils shirt that I won couple of years ago now actually means something as he plays for us :lol:

Wannabe2

Cant wait to see the lad play, have heard very good things about the lad, its always a buzz to see local guys making the grade. Congrats Jamie wish you a happy fulfilling season, cant fault the progress we are making with the local lads, its just like the old days when we were producing talent way in excess of other clubs. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS,

Good move by G and great to see some more local talent in the team, its a good idea to use him as an incentive for the other players. We did have trouble this season with some of our players not looking to concerned about winning games and hopefully this will push them in that situation.

Ocko

Gazza272 said:
I know G said that he is there to push others if they arent playing well, but with Hayes and Davies all we need is another brit (fisher?) and we have a potential 4th line there. A 4th line that i believe would not let us down at this level.

I'm very excited at the way G is building the team this year Depth seems very much the aim of the game this year. Which could really help us down the stretch if everyone stays fit.
Lee Richardson?

Easily good enough for the EIHL and may want to follow his brother here. A line of Davies Richardson and Hayes is IMO at least on par with our 3rd line last season of Cowie, Towe and Franny. How good would it be to have a 4th line available!? They wouldnt be overly productive but could do what 4th lines are meant to do; stop the oposition scoring and give the other lines a rest, anything else being a bonus.

wildthing74

Was thinking the same think Ocko,especially with his brother back.Not sure how often we would go with a fourth line but be handy in those mid week games when we have 5/6 games bunched together.
Maybe the loss of 2 teams to the legaue will stop some of the extra mid week games but it would certainly keep the big hitters fresh.

Wannabe2

Trouble is it would mean using up more of the budget, myself i would prefer to see that extra money we have in our budget this season being used to bring high impact players in.

Finny

I think Lee Richardson left us originally because he wanted to start his own business in the Swindon area - and so it wouldn't have given him enough time to train with the Devils etc.