Devils sign Doyle

Rempel16

This definitely deserves a thread on its own.

That's an excellent signing... Arguably the most important position on our roster and we have filled it with a player capable of challenging Kowalski for the best goalie in the league.

Our team is shaping up to be competing right at the top next season.

Earnie

Of course it desrves a thread - one where no-one says anything negative?

Welcome to Cardiff Frank. You will love it here.

Great signing. You don't get 150 AHL and 50 DEL games if you're no good. A solid record that can only strengthen us.

The Devil Himself

Finny

Most experienced netminder we have had since Frank Caprice if my quick check is correct. Herlofsky, Osaer and Aubry don't even come close to his AHL games COMBINED!

I was going to point out he was the wrong side of 30, then realised he was still younger than me.

voth26

seriously good signing i think, with the other guys signed already, and our brit pack the devils are clearly intending on being a major player this season, welcome to the devils frank. cant wait till sept now it's to far away.
blighty and stuuu, max you need to be here in this team come on guys you know it makes sense, i have never felt to optimistic and excitied before a season for quite a while

osh

A very good signing I think. It is great to have someone like him in place early as I'm sure any players G and Franny may be talking to will be pleased to see the calibre of our netminder, and might make it easier for them to sign!

KaneDevils

Great signing this! vastly experienced in top leagues from around the world. Nice work! Well chuffed. :p

I guess he didn't re-sign in Italy then!
Well spotted! ;) The Italian site I linked had him down as a Fassa player for the 2013/2014 season. Looking last night it had changed slightly. Dunno what happened there and quite FRANKly I don't care!

Welcome to Cardiff Wales Mr Doyle. :RAWK

Chris

Administrator
A very good signing I think. It is great to have someone like him in place early as I'm sure any players G and Franny may be talking to will be pleased to see the calibre of our netminder, and might make it easier for them to sign!
I hadn't really thought about it that way...

The team certainly looks to be shaping up very well, we've got a lot of depth from our British players, the re-signed imports and Lord look good and now we have a netminder who on paper looks very good indeed :D

Sheincar

Have to say I didnt realise until Finny posted on THF that we lost 22 games last season by 1 goal. What a different season that could have been. Hopefully this guy can help turn those Ls into Ws.

ASHIPP

Wow just wow :shock:
A cracking signing. Here is one classy experienced netminder. Are we dreaming or is this for real? Fantastic work by G and Franny and support from PR.

A huge welcome to Cardiff, Frank. Does the new season start next week?

:D

I was lucky enough to view Doyle in person during the season on my hockey travels. I believe we have gone out to sign a real gem of a guy, though part of me wonders why he is coming to these shores as he was one of the stand out players in the games I saw.
Still their loss is undoubtedly our gain and I hope we give him some real protection in and around his crease. A luxury our last few goaltenders have not been rewarded with.

Bill.