Devils Sign Devin Didiomete

scorch125 said:
not that impressed by footage of didiomete slamming someones head off the ice during a game
So if you are not impressed with that...what is your opinion on arranging to have someone murdered ?

(Genuine question)

Teams will be queueing up next offseason. Can play, can fight and has everyone's attention firmly on him before the game has even started. A Gordie Howe hattrick in your first game is pretty good but when he does against the Chavs in two weeks it's going to be beautiful!!

KaneDevils

Surely there is no doubt wether or not the bloke can play? Everything would suggest he can. A high point scoring tough guy? That sounds OK to me!
What does generally worry me, is how much time will he spend in the box and how easily opposing players will get under his skin. I have a gut feeling the refs here will take an automatic disliking to him, especially if they use/read Twitter. Lets hope either, he can think before he acts or we have a smokey PK :|

wildthing74

I'm amazed Coventry fans are going so mental over this and clearly are the team with the most fans chirping Devin.
Is it not different to Keefe and what he dishes back to your fans? As been said if you give it,you have to take it thats the way of the world.He is only replying to the comments sent by keyboards warriors who think they are the enforcers of their own bedroom.
He has kept his language far more in check than Danton too.
Personally,these guys can say what the want.If you don't like them,don't follow and you will never see what they say anyway.
I think Blaze fans will love the fact that he will probably put a few bums on seats at the Dome this year and give some of their ever disappearing fan base a reason to come back.

wildthing74

beeks3 said:
i'm a blaze fan and can't wait to see him, all the niggle and hype is great, and if it fills our 2 buildings thats great news for both clubs.
Spot on! Its banter and nothing else and I can't believe people are taking hockey players chirping so serious.If they heard what was said on the ice they would have a heart attack.

Finny

The one thing I will give Devin credit for is for doing his research.

It does make me chuckle when he gets abuse from Dundee/Edinburgh/Fife fans and he just quotes their win percentage for last season. :D

Gaz G

Thread starter #168
Finny said:
The one thing I will give Devin credit for is for doing his research.

It does make me chuckle when he gets abuse from Dundee/Edinburgh/Fife fans and he just quotes their win percentage for last season. :D
That is a class post in my opinion. "yikes,,,looks like ill be running wild in dundee this year" hahaha.

voth26

tubes117 said:
drainage said:
tubes117 said:
And yet if I were to post something similar about you on this forum I would get banned
But he didnt put it on this forum .... he put it on Twitter ... think moderating Twitter is beyond the Inferno !!
I'm not suggesting that The Inferno should moderate Twitter, merely pointing out the double standards that seem to be employed. Would you be as accepting if he was a Sheffield player?
How is it double standards? some people have posted that it doesnt sit well with them others are ok with it, me Im somewhere in the middle.

drainage

tubes117 said:
drainage said:
tubes117 said:
And yet if I were to post something similar about you on this forum I would get banned
But he didnt put it on this forum .... he put it on Twitter ... think moderating Twitter is beyond the Inferno !!
I'm not suggesting that The Inferno should moderate Twitter, merely pointing out the double standards that seem to be employed. Would you be as accepting if he was a Sheffield What double standards ?? You asked if you posted some things you would be banned (which I think has been refuted) and are commenting on something that's on twitter ? They are different forums with different rules

And as for accepting something in my view Danton is chirping away like a budgie as well ......I don't have to accept or otherwise

However if certain Blaze fans didn't keep popping up to try and bait him then he wouldn't have the ammo to fire !!

Wannabe2

beeks3 said:
i'm a blaze fan and can't wait to see him, all the niggle and hype is great, and if it fills our 2 buildings thats great news for both clubs.
Yea but your a good Blaze fan, so we will listen to you. ;)

Finny said:
So you're willing to forget something that Danton did in the post, but bring up someting that Didi did????
I have made my point on this matter,if you don't like my opinion or what I have posted it's your problem not mine,really couldn't care less if no-one on hear agrees with what I have said,Danton has now paid for his crime and he has moved on with his life a pity people like didiomete have posted comments on twitter dragging up the past about danton when danton himself now has a family and a newborn child in the past 2 weeks,I for one will be happy to see him in a blaze jersey and if he and didiomete do have a fight in any game I hope Danton drops him

drainage

scorch125 said:
Finny said:
So you're willing to forget something that Danton did in the post, but bring up someting that Didi did????
I have made my point on this matter,if you don't like my opinion or what I have posted it's your problem not mine,really couldn't care less if no-one on hear agrees with what I have said,Danton has now paid for his crime and he has moved on with his life a pity people like didiomete have posted comments on twitter dragging up the past about danton when danton himself now has a family and a newborn child in the past 2 weeks,I for one will be happy to see him in a blaze jersey and if he and didiomete do have a fight in any game I hope Danton drops him
Sorry but if you are comparing being imprisoned for hiring someone to kill someone with an on ice incident you are (in my opinion) grasping at straws.

But equally if you use "served his time" as your marker to accept something then DD is too able to carry on and ply his trade - you can’t have it both ways and am struggling to see how these 2 incidents compare

I am not sure how having a family factors into this in the slightest its irrelevant - it’s his past he committed the crime he did the documentary he made it public by his actions no one else.

He may well have served his time and I have no issue with that - I have issue with him getting a visa when if I had done the same thing here I wouldn’t get granted a 24hr stay stateside.

But if he comes he comes with all the baggage and it’s shockingly naive to think it won’t be brought up/mentioned

Gazza272

scorch125 said:
Finny said:

It's easy to say he's moved on but he is totally unrepentant about his crime. This was evident in his discussion with Deeds when he said 'no one was hurt in my crime'

An utterly Arrogant and false statement given that a lot of people were harmed in his crime though not physically.

He brags about jail time and doesnt seem in the least bit bothered about it.

Give me someone who makes fat jokes anyday over the likes of someone who thinks its everyones fault but his own

scorch125 said:
Finny said:
What a total cop out answer....basically you can not supply a valid reason so use the ''If you dont like my opinion'' as standard get out of backing up your point.

As for him being now a family man....and ?? Some of the worlds most notorious criminals/killers have children...what is your point.

Didiomete paid for his 'crime' and served his ban.

The reason DD brings up Dantons past is because Danton seems to wear his time inside as a badge of honour, he keeps saying we wants to 'move on' but every opportunity he mentions his crime/sentence.

As for Didiometers Twitter responses, if some Cov fans feel brave enough to hide behind their keyboard and abuse him they deserve all they get !!!!

For me i dont really care either way whether Danton gets a visa or not, i just hope DD has the intelligence to realise we need him on the ice not in the box after proving who is the hardest :(

If twitter is anything to go bye the rumour is that Danton has rightfully been denied access to the UK which is bad news for Didiomete but on a plus side it gives both block 2&3 so much ammo to fire at the blaze it's unreal hahaha now who's the mutant mike??? :Banana :Banana

ASHIPP

KEVIN said:
If twitter is anything to go bye the rumour is that Danton has rightfully been denied access to the UK which is bad news for Didiomete but on a plus side it gives both block 2&3 so much ammo to fire at the blaze it's unreal hahaha now who's the mutant mike??? :Banana :Banana
None of the above is neccessary....just Deeds playing great hockey and the Devils winning every encounter against the Blaze is the most effective message to send out.