Devils Shuttle Bus

Finny

Thread starter #1
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-news/devils-shuttle-bus-service/
Will definitely be using this during the season when not driving. Have always been put off from using Cardiff Bus because the departure times after games aren't ideal and with the journey taking over half an hour it is almost quicker for me to walk!

Should be especially useful on Sundays when last train home is 9.15 and nearly impossible to catch using Cardiff Bus.

Would be great if the NAT bus can have some Devils branding on it so the public can see it driving around Cardiff on match nights.

davew

This is great news, having been saying for years that we needed a bus to run direct to and from the city centre.

One question though. Will there be reduced/free pricing for welsh concessionary bus pass holders? - There are usually quite a few using the existing cardiff bus route to the BBT.

Another positive move from the new management. Thumbs up.

One question/suggestion - how about option of family tickets to encourage users? Quite expensive if family of 3 or 4....? Just a thought.

Or even a multiple use ticket e.g. season ticket??

ASHIPP

Another classy, forward-thinking move from the Club. So many fans have had major travelling issues in the past and it explains why so many have had to leave immediately at the end o a game. Local bus service has been terrible.

Perhaps they could brand it 'The Devils Express'! A logo and tagline on the side of the bus advertising matchnights might be a good idea.

Looking forward to some reassuring news on the carparking situation.

wildthing74

Hopefully the facility will get used enough to keep it going as this is a huge positive and hopefully will help increase attendance. Another forward thinking move which I doubt we would have seen under our former owner.
I like the idea mentioned about logos on the bus too. Any free advertising and public awareness has got to be good especially as even after 8 years I still hear people saying they thought since the old rink got bulldozed that they thought the Devils no longer existed.
It's so refreshing to see the organisation looking out for the fans again.

Have Hope#35

wildthing74 said:
Hopefully the facility will get used enough to keep it going as this is a huge positive and hopefully will help increase attendance. Another forward thinking move which I doubt we would have seen under our former owner.
I like the idea mentioned about logos on the bus too. Any free advertising and public awareness has got to be good especially as even after 8 years I still hear people saying they thought since the old rink got bulldozed that they thought the Devils no longer existed.
It's so refreshing to see the organisation looking out for the fans again.
Agree with this... Even if the facility isn't widely used this season I think it could be a godsend once the New Rink is up, here's hoping they give it at least a 2 Season Trial!

drainage

I will be using it .....I never drove to the old rink always got a bus. I like the idea of a season ticket for it but am guessing that probably adds to the overall cost with admin costs etc

Anyone got any spare honk if you love hockey stickers ......there are lots of windows on a bus :D :D

drainage

wildthing74 said:
drainage said:
DevilDom said:
Another fantastic idea, especially on the rare occasions I fancy a beer or two!
Who has hacked Doms log on ???? No way would he type rare occasions !
I found it hard not to pick him up on that too :lol:
Also he's been out of the country .....ummmmm very dodgy !

Gonna have to turn this bad boy forum into a non guest access forum :(

rocketbob

Excellent news. As a regular user of the Cardiff Bus service when I go to games, this is a great boon.

Now if only the Devils could put on a plane from up north. :idea: ;)

Ocko

Great idea. Well done Todd.

So refreshing to have a proactive rather the reactive management, and a 'let's make this better and easier for the fan' mentality.

Diafol

A great idea, I can get back to the centre of town in time for the last bus home on a Saturday, which means after all these years I finally get to have a beer or two while watching a game :lol: