Devils Player Back Is.....

Chris

Administrator
With what everyone else has said about the inconsistency shown across 2 of the 3 seasons Birbraer has played for us now, there's not a whole lot else to say.

Am so, so, so underwhelmed by todays signing news though :(

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Well chuffed personally as I think Max is great, Take away his points last season and we probably would of finished 7th. One of the best shooters we have IMO. Welcome back Max !! :p

Finny

nmase20 said:
Its says on EIHL that he got 58 points :?
EIHL website is wrong. I'm guessing it is only showing league stats for some reason. I've just checked with the league's stats guys and they have him down for 77 points too.

TheStub

As a lot have said, depending on which Max we have signed I am not blown away, but not devastated.

On his night, he is amazing - sometimes he is anonymous.

Getting into the first line/second line debate - really we want two or three lines that are productive. Two is probably the best that we can hope for. I'd rather have a load of guys that play well together, and can score than a super star with a load of supporting players.

A lot of people would like to see a 40 or 50 goal scorer - but for me depth of scoring is a must. I'd rather a few 20 or 30 guys than one 50 - make it harder for the other teams.

So, Max back with his balance of goals and assists - I'm happy. I've long thought the route to success is stability, so lets have Miller, Michel, Jay and Towe back next please :D

osh

Stub; Not so sure about Jay & Towe to be honest. I don't think either of them were at the races last season, looking for better quality than those 2 next season methinks. The 2 M's yes, plus Myers and 3 new import forwards. ( Assuming Voth, Smith and J go )

TheStub

Jay was just to stick with my "stable core" fetish.

I really rate Towe, and come away impressed with his performance when others slate him - positionally he plays well, and sometimes to need to be more selfish...he needs to shoot more, and he would get some decent goals. A British Michel type player IMHO - but that is a topic for another thread.

Finny said:
EIHL website is wrong. I'm guessing it is only showing league stats for some reason. I've just checked with the league's stats guys and they have him down for 77 points too.
The EIHL website is wrong, get out, the EIHL never get anything wrong.....
No wonder i thought his points were ridiculously low, 77 is much better, may i ask what position he finished in the league then?

Glad to see him back but he's only part of the puzzle and requires some good management.

One of the finest sights in UK ice hockey, in my opinion, is someone attempting an open ice check on Maxi. They almost always just bounce off in a comedy fashion. :D He's an incredibly strong player.

Good times.