Devils @ Panthers Friday 4th March

Finny said:
number4 said:
osh said:
I must mention how good Myers was once again last night. What a mistake it was to let him return to Nottingham this season when we could so easily of kept him. He is as good as an import, wins most face offs, is strong and scores vital goals - something sadly lacking in our Brit forwards - and proved that again last night. The Devils tried to retain him on the cheap and fair play to him he went where somebody appreciated his worth. We now have to win all our remaining games to win the league, can't see it happening but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.
If I remember correctly, it was the shabby way that Devils treated his brother Joe that determined Myers falling out of love with the club.
Joe was treated badly by the previous management.
Exactly what I was going to say. Can't imagine Matthew leaving because of previous owners and managers.

Sheincar

osh said:
number4 said:
osh said:
I must mention how good Myers was once again last night. What a mistake it was to let him return to Nottingham this season when we could so easily of kept him. He is as good as an import, wins most face offs, is strong and scores vital goals - something sadly lacking in our Brit forwards - and proved that again last night. The Devils tried to retain him on the cheap and fair play to him he went where somebody appreciated his worth. We now have to win all our remaining games to win the league, can't see it happening but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.
If I remember correctly, it was the shabby way that Devils treated his brother Joe that determined Myers falling out of love with the club.
Mmm, not the way it was actually. First of all, I can assure you he never 'fell out of love with the club", and still hasn't. Joe was not the reason he left the club. Quite simply, the club tried to get him on the cheap, he wouldn't accept it and got a better offer from Nottingham. There is still time for him to come back if the right offer was made and let's be frank, he would be a better proposition than both of our Brit forwards put together. I know others will say they do a great job etc, but add up their on ice time and their returns and I know who I would have in my line up.
Accepted Nottingham offer without giving Lord opportunity to rethink. Maybe the offer was based on the amount of the season he'd missed.

ASHIPP

If Matthew opted to return here, am sure the club would need to guarantee he would not be playing as the 10th forward with limited ice-time. No top British player is going to accept that. And then there are the finances... British players are at a premium.

And the need for an additional top British player might present itself if Bownsey was offered and accepted an offer to play abroad. What player is going to uproot himself from his existing location to come here?

Slartibartfast

ASHIPP said:
Slartibartfast said:
I still think its down to the line combinations. I would like to see Martin Salters and Doucet back together. That is an awesome first line
Second line Haddad, Kurka and Russell
Third Lord Morrissete and Hervato
These were the most productive combinations during the team's sucessful period in Jan/Feb. Can't fathom why changes were made to that in recent games.
Yes the passing was perfect and they were scoring.