Devils on BBC1 Wales 6.30pm

Thread starter #1
Last night's fight will be on Wales Today BBC1 Wales tonight (just started, sorry!). I assume it's near the end in the sports section.

Russky

pesdaboi said:
Is it just me that gets a bit annoyed when the only attention we seem to get from BBC or ITV is when it all kicks off in a game?!?!
I totally agree! It only adds fuel to those people hold the opnion and a prejudices myths and misconceptions against hockey, because they mistakenly believe that hockey is a violent sport played by thugs!

What they should have done is just shown the goals and thats all to show that hiockey can be an exciting game! Nothing else!

OK I like watching fight DVDs/Videos but most of those fights are fuelled by longstanding so called 'feuds' e.g. Voth/Payette or a knockabout to wake the crowd up!

I'm not sure we can keep saying that the fights bring in the crowds and then complain that the media only concentrates on the fights.
I love the fights i.e. Voth V Payatte, but always feel very uneasy about choatic scenes involving full teams. I wasnt comfortable about last years Steelers game and want comfortable about last night either, I think these incidents give the wrong impression to members of the public and schools etc that we are trying to attract. However we cant blame the media, as they are looking for a sensational story, what ever that may be and scenes like that at a sporting event are always going to be news.

Wannabe2

This had nothing to do with the fact it kicked off last night, the beeb were going to show a clip of the game whatever, as it was the first competitive game of the season. We will have more news coverage this season than we have had for a fair old while

At least BBC showed one of the goals!! ITV showed the brawl and the news presenters didn't sound impressed!!

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting in hockey but I accept it's part of the game etc etc.

samidevils said:
At least BBC showed one of the goals!! ITV showed the brawl and the news presenters didn't sound impressed!!

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting in hockey but I accept it's part of the game etc etc.
Who cares, news presenters don t make up a large percentage of paying customers in the tent