Devils mascot

Thread starter #1
Not a negative, but why did the mascot change their name from Lucy to Taz?
Was it a Ragan thing?

Personally I thought Lucy was more apt, but must also say that whoever is in that suit is doing an great job and so funny on times, and now with the addition of the selfies even more so

Ocko

I would guess, that the main audience that the mascot is aimed at would be youngsters who wouldn't understand the Lucifer reference. Taz, IMO is more fun sounding for kids. Or a male rather than female.

Agree about the current Taz though; doing a great job.

I did think Lucy Fur was a much more witty name, but there we go. I agree - love the dance moves and audience participation that the current Taz does irrespective of the name :D

I know the guy in the suit and I can assure you he really does love doing it! The buzz he gets from it is just awesome, plus how the hell he moves about in that suit I'll never know as oh can hardly see out of the head!

Irrelevant of if I know him or by tho he's doing a great job!

Also a random fact, every game he has mascotted at home we have won that's #fanTAZtic

wildthing74 said:
James said:
noodlesboy said:
Also a random fact, every game he has mascotted at home we have won that's #fanTAZtic
He better not be planning on missing any games for the rest of the season then ;)
Or if he does it will be "all his fault" or are we not supposed to say that? :DWD
Don't say that, he or someone else might take offence and have a cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Hahaha!

Temme

Taz is my cousin- he absolutely loves doing the mascoting & smiles under that suit for every photo that he takes (still!!!)

Make sure you hit him up on Twitter- he's great at getting back to everyone! @cardiffdeviltaz

I don't get the Lucy Fur reference, does that make me a bad Devils fan? ha! I think Taz sounds more Devilish to me so I'm not
Main thing is, he's doing a good job. Sometimes, I watch what he's doing more than the games some times.
Keep up the good work Taz!