DEVILS INTRO.

Gough60

Even footage (which was live with commentary) of the playoffs win, after forever would sound better than a dated historic league win.

Paul Sullivan

Just my opinion.
There are clips of every trophy won under the Calgary four in the intro, several of the POFW celebrations too, and have been since the first pre-season game. The clip to which you refer is simply one more of those, it just happens to have a great, short (and still relevant as we are back to back) soundbite. I think each victory is worth celebrating, not just the most recent.

Hope that helps.

It does well to create a little atmosphere in what is an awfully sterile feeling venue so in that regard, well done to the production team!

Also, I shudder at the thought of having to watch a live-feed or replay on what is probably the UK's most pixelated big screen.

What was the complaint with the dry ice? It's only vapourised glycerine!

Hedd Wyn John

It does well to create a little atmosphere in what is an awfully sterile feeling venue so in that regard, well done to the production team!

Also, I shudder at the thought of having to watch a live-feed or replay on what is probably the UK's most pixelated big screen.

What was the complaint with the dry ice? It's only vapourised glycerine!
I liked the CO2 but not everyone does.

Speaking to a relative who sits in either block 8 or 9, the problem with the dry ice was that it was always started too early and kept being topped up. That then meant that those who sit directly behind the home bench couldn't see a great deal.

Rather than just doing it a few seconds before the players came out it was just abolished altogether. Which is a shame as it looks a bit silly to skate out of that horrible inflatable when everyone can see them waiting behind it. It's meant to be a grand entrance when the team appear from nowhere but it's even more lost without the smoke.

Ideally we would have a sort of retractable/inflatable tunnel structure leading to a better inflatable Devil, with smoke in said tunnel and flames outside it like Belfast do.