Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Updates

rolf

Re: Devils@Giants - 28 Jan-CC Semi 1st Leg - 7pm - Chat/Upda

Ok so that would account for two of their seven goals, So let's call it 5-1 then. And why should Mark Smith be as unlucky as the rest of the forwards? Whom amongst the forwards were as culpable in defence?

Given the goals our defence have chipped in with, where else do you think we could be doing better especially as we have only really had a full defensive roster in the last 2 weeks and that has been with the sword of damacles pending? I'd like to know

in my opinion we was on a hiding to nothing in this game,4 games is 5 nights is crazy and all away too.nhl teams don't even have to play such silly fixtures.the team played theyre hearts out on the weekend and as expected had very little left in the tank for tonights game.

Earnie

taffy66 said:
in my opinion we was on a hiding to nothing in this game,4 games is 5 nights is crazy and all away too.nhl teams don't even have to play such silly fixtures.the team played theyre hearts out on the weekend and as expected had very little left in the tank for tonights game.

Totally agree. Potty decision to agree to this first leg CC today. They should have all come home on Monday.
And then not to play the rested men????

We needed PLUM to agitate and take the bodies.

rolf

and if he is on the plane home where do we go from here? i suspect there may be sharks circling to snap him up? and if they are I hope they bite quick, same for the other bait suspects.................

So it showed tonight that 4 games in 5 nights really took it's toll. Feel sorry for the players who must be exhausted. It showed definitely in the 3rd. We outplayed them in the second but just couldn't cope towards the end. Can't see why our goal was disallowed and could've been the difference in a 3 goal game to a 6 goal game. Who knows?

The one thing that really annoyed me tonight was straight away people taking to social media sites saying at least that's saved me £17 next week. To me you support your team no matter what. How are the players expected to react to a half full crowd?

rolf

I agree with you and my support is unequivocal. However, and that is where it starts.

What do you do? Turn up every week and just shout for summat you believe in and yet others do not?

Do you do the same and ask why others are prepared for less?

Not bother at all and go and watch the bluetits vs the mancs and their like.

Tough one this and I respect all choices here.
I know where I will be on Thurs night.

So i cant believe that you will have played 5 games in a week come thurs..i think managing 1 period of a high standard would have been a 'success'..this game should never have been arranged imo

TheStub

Koop11 said:
Well I think that’s season over for us.
Probably. Although I hope we give the Giants a bloody nose in Cardiff.

I guess (maybe hope) that this fixture was presented to us as a "take it or forfeit". Giants getting the O for a mid week game is, again I guess, rare. They seem to not be willing to switch to their secondary facility.

It does lead me to question the future if the challenge cup. The arena teams have such limited availability to arrange short notice games that we end up making these insane runs mid season to accommodate them.

Perhaps a preseason cup, starting the regular season a bit later but without cup games.

Ocko

On the plus side this result has proved what a clueless idiot Pope is. What happened to the fast transitional hockey you had planned? :DWD

And if as expected you gas Plumton, that will do the crowd levels wonders to get rid of a fan favourite. He has often been one of the only entertaining and talking points throughout most of a pretty miserable season. And the worst part is that there is no proof at all at the moment that any of the new guys are actually better hockey players than what we already have! Rama over Mo? Not a chance. Gipters/Svete over Plumton. Not at the moment.

After Ragan has constantly stressing the importance of the Devils as a business, it's ironic how Pope (the hockey genius) has just lost him a massive gate for the second leg and written off any chance of a lucrative crowd for the final by not resting the right players and picking the wrong ones for the wrong game, will he ever be held to account for it? Not a chance And that isnt even taking into account the awful man management skills he has shown dropping/gassing players that dont deserve to be dropped. This is why I will be a #deviloutside on thursday. Pope is a cancer in the club and I cant wait for him to be rid of.

do we have to play the second leg,,,,,,,,of cause the toy town drummer will get the fans going,,,,or perhaps pr and pope have already done that... :RAWK

mazza03

Amazepux said:
So i cant believe that you will have played 5 games in a week come thurs..i think managing 1 period of a high standard would have been a 'success'..this game should never have been arranged imo
Thursdays game will be the 6th one. ;:|

BostonBart22

tbh this 2nd leg should be forfeited, i know a bit of revenue would be lost and i mean a bit. with so many games in such a short space of time it would be wise to sit back take a rest and concerntrate on 7th spot with matches coming up against our nearest rivals, seem to think hull gave up their 2nd leg v giants when they lost 6 1 , any thoughts on this.

Finny

Hull were forced to play their tie as a one-off in Belfast due to limited venue ability, and the bizarre decision that Hull would have to pay Belfast's travel costs???

“My admiration and feeling and Jake and Brad is high, I’ve talked to both of them,” said Pope. “Both have done an excellent job this season. But I’ve been given the tools by Paul Ragan to have other players and that has given us a different look to enable us to move forward.

“It‘s not anything personal, it’s about selecting a team to win and that’s why I have made these decisions for this particular match.”
Brent Pope. Wales On Line
:DWD

TheStub said:
Koop11 said:

I guess (maybe hope) that this fixture was presented to us as a "take it or forfeit". Giants getting the O for a mid week game is, again I guess, rare. They seem to not be willing to switch to their secondary facility.

It does lead me to question the future if the challenge cup. The arena teams have such limited availability to arrange short notice games that we end up making these insane runs mid season to accommodate them.

Perhaps a preseason cup, starting the regular season a bit later but without cup games.
The Giants don't have a secondary facility any more. Because of a new business using a large area of Dundonald Ice bowl it can no longer be used for Elite league matches. This Business has taken over the far side of the rink and behind one goal (where spectators used to be)

James

Administrator

WheresWally said:
The Giants don't have a secondary facility any more. Because of a new business using a large area of Dundonald Ice bowl it can no longer be used for Elite league matches. This Business has taken over the far side of the rink and behind one goal (where spectators used to be)
Is their tertiary facility still available? Cup games were previously held in Dundalk rink too I seem to remember.

TheStub

WheresWally said:
TheStub said:
Koop11 said:

Shouldn't it be the responsibility of the organisation to provide a mutually agreeable date or forfiet the leg?

We're going off last night's game a bit, and down to the shambles that is the whole EIHL - but under the NHL CBA this weeks Devils schedule just wouldn't be allowed. Surely this number of games in thus short sleeve if time is dangerous to the players. It would make sense to have a CBA type document for the EIHL that sets outs limits on the schedule formally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk