Devils Fans.

Thread starter #1
Hey Guys.
Is there a family stand in the Devils Arena?

I mean like calling McMorrow a "Donkey" is not really my style of supporting a team. ---------------------------------------------------------?

I mean like, ------------------------, I don't use a swear word for everything other word. But like. calling people ------------------------------------.

I mean like, in The NHL, no-one really cares, it's hockey.

If people really have a problem with bad language, go make a family stand, I don't care, i'm going to support my team how I like.

Any other comments on this?

steve

there is a specific family area in our rink.

block 1
block 2
block 3
block 4.....

get it.

do not try and bypass the swear filter, this is also a *family* forum. i do understand your point of view, but wholehartedly disagree that using more provocative language than is already the accepted norm is a good idea.

Fubar

i dont think people are into calling players abusive swear names...the players like the banter but draw the line somewhere please. Do a poll and i think you will be in the minority my friend.......

By all means try it but i'm sure the friendly stewerds will be having a word in your shell

I don't agree with people using abusive lanuage during hockey games. I get as annoyed as anyone else when the ref don't pick up on something, the other team are playing dirty or Devils aren't playing well, but I don't start cursing at them. There's something wrong with people if they feel they have to curse when there's quite a lot of kids in the rink. Plus, if the family stands are 1-5 how come whenever they have a school there they aren't in those blocks usually?

I sit in block 9 and thankfully don't hear anyone swearing there - that might be because I can't hear over the drums though :lol:

ASHIPP

We've got some pretty vocal and animated fans in Block 4 - and I include myself in that bunch! But I have never heard bad language up there....it's usually replaced by something that sounds similar but much less offensive! :lol:

steve

ledgend777 said:
Plus, if the family stands are 1-5 how come whenever they have a school there they aren't in those blocks usually?

i was making the point that every block in our rink is a family block, because its a family sport. i got bored after typing a few and put ...

DevilDom

ledgend777 said:
I don't agree with people using abusive lanuage during hockey games. I get as annoyed as anyone else when the ref don't pick up on something, the other team are playing dirty or Devils aren't playing well, but I don't start cursing at them. There's something wrong with people if they feel they have to curse when there's quite a lot of kids in the rink. Plus, if the family stands are 1-5 how come whenever they have a school there they aren't in those blocks usually?

I sit in block 9 and thankfully don't hear anyone swearing there - that might be because I can't hear over the drums though :lol:
DOH! :lol:

if you've got kids i'ld stay away from block 3, a lot of abuse is shouted at the players as that block is nearest to the players benches

Finny

Evel said:
if you've got kids i'ld stay away from block 3, a lot of abuse is shouted at the players as that block is nearest to the players benches
Nothing wrong with the abuse that 'certain' people shout from block 3. Certainly no swearing - unless you include the replies from the away team.

I would happily take my 3 year old nephew to a game and not be worried he is going to hear any swearing or offensive abuse.

The family feel is a huge part of the Cardiff Devils support - that's how I see it anyway.

A fair number of our crowd is youth players, aged 6 upwards with their families. Another large part of our crowd is those who have been watching and/or playing for the Devils since they were kids themselves.

To suggest sticking the life blood of the club in a corner so that you can hurl abuse that adults probably don't want to hear either is just offensive.

Im a block 3 fan and I am for sure one of the more vocal, very rarely do I shout anything at our guys apart from the occasional "oh come on guys" and after 25 years of watching I have got used to using words like "Muppet" and "Schmuk". Im sure the lady who sits in front of me hates me but she doesnt say a word or clap her hands all game so I dont really care. No-one has ever told me to adjust the way I support my team and hopefully I dont upset anyone around me. Im the vertically challenged guy with glasses kinda like a cross between Phil Collins and Ronnie Corbett (mm maybe thats why I shout so much small man syndrome)

A

Anonymous

The games i've been to the crowd have always been great, and well behaved. The atmos is always very good and well mannered. I must say however, at the Jan 17th game Vs Panthers there was one prat in block 12 who on several occasions shouted at one of the Panthers "No wonder your wife went with another bloke" or words to that effect. I hope whoever he is, he feels ashamed! In my book idiots like that should stay away. But on the whole, 99.99% the crowd are great !

Hey guys, this seems to be a bit of a landslide topic here and i know its all for the right reasons, but please dont pull the trigger on me inferno when i say there is a part of me that (sort of) empathises with this guy.

Im all for bringing young kids to the game, hell we wouldnt have a sport in future without them, but is there a specific family stand?

I only ask because when i come to enjoy myself and have a few beers watching the devils game, i kind of enjoy not having to bite my tongue when i want to express myself and im sure there are other people who feel like this. Im not effing and blinding every sentence by any means but it just isnt in me to call somebody a "muppet" when i feel passionate about my team or "bum-face"....alright maybe you guys dont say the last one haha.

Where do i stand here in your eyes inferno?
Am i a yob condemned to a life of thuggish hooliganism in the football league, or is there a place for me in the big blue tent where i dont have to see that woman scowling at me 2 rows down!!!