Devils Fan's Forum

James said:
Don't / didn't the DCF pay a large amount of rent to the Devils for the benefit of sharing the offices ?
Yes, £10k to rinkcorp, plus a share of the utility bills. when you add Brents £32k wages onto that it swallows up the £40k they got in grants

Paul Sullivan said:
Everybody's prerogative to attend or not. Just seems to be more unhappy people unattending than going along, which seemed strange to me is all.

When previously there were rumours and unhappy Devils fans, these forums proved to be a way of posing serious issues, and pressing for answers.

Often now it seems they (the issues) are debated in a circular fashion online, moaned about on twitter and very little from either side gets resolved. Just saying that complaining pre-forum, not attending forum , then complaining post forum (as some may do) undermines that person's position, not that of those they have questions for.

I guess one big difference is the vocal nature of the Supporters club in days past as they were required to provide a different role for quite some time.
Glad to hear a sane voice in the sad world of "social media".

Sheincar

Diavlo rosso said:
:lol: Accounts?? Ye because HMRC are trust worthy...

Jumble up a few figures and magic up a number... Remember PR is a business man after all..
HMRC? Thus proving a little knowledge etc. The accounts are submitted by DCF accountants to ----- The Charity Commision & have not always been late. Filing history & accounts http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Sh ... ryNumber=0

The latest accounts are due to be submitted by the end of next month.

Sheincar

Gingers Husband said:
James said:
Don't / didn't the DCF pay a large amount of rent to the Devils for the benefit of sharing the offices ?
Yes, £10k to rinkcorp, plus a share of the utility bills. when you add Brents £32k wages onto that it swallows up the £40k they got in grants
Wages £33309 in 2011 accounts after receiving 10% payrise - just like you and me :shock:

Regarding PR commenting on the negativity

I firmly believe that negativity is created by the actions/words of certain people but what is far more worrying is the apathy of some fans who, in the past would have rushed to ask questions no longer care enough to do so. This is a sad indication that this club's hard core fans have now come to the end of their patience with the current administration.

If the club is to progress these customers will need to be replaced, and there isn't a constant flow of newbies that will return week in week out. Therefore customer ( fan ) retention should be the priority target for the business

Sheincar

Gingers Husband said:
Sheincar said:
Wages £33309 in 2011 accounts after receiving 10% payrise - just like you and me :shock:
That doesn't come close to the 30 odd % rise he got the year before. Poor dab must be struggling to survive.
£30197 in 2010 : £22124 for 9 months in 2009 accounts.

Foxy

Can we have Shannon back and his multi millionaire backer please.

Have got to a point where i just dont believe a true word is spoken by either Ragan or Pope

Shannon was hardly much better, full of empty promises and a major letdown for a number of sponsors.

Whether he was just another person shafted by the wonder team that is Ragan & Pope who knows, but he isn't what we need.

The same people are still involved with the club who have been involved in all the nonsense for the past few seasons, nothing has really changed despite the promises.

Apart from Brent seemingly becoming chief adviser and this season leading us down a very rocky path.

Gazza272

Foxy said:

Have got to a point where i just dont believe a true word is spoken by either Ragan or Pope

Can we have someone completely new to get rid of every single person currently involved (bar the coaching staff) and start a fresh?

Free of the continual Mistakes that have plagued us since Bob Phillips took over. I mean seriously how long do the same set of people need to be involved and the same thing happen over and over before someone wakes up and makes the change?

Sadly I wont hold my breathe :( we'll just continue lurching from one crisis to the next, with everyone protecting their positions with cloak and dagger rustling in the shadows. as per.

At least the NHL is back to watch eh? :cry:

Kipper

Gazza272 said:
Foxy said:

Can we have someone completely new to get rid of every single person currently involved (bar the coaching staff) and start a fresh?

Free of the continual Mistakes that have plagued us since Bob Phillips took over. I mean seriously how long do the same set of people need to be involved and the same thing happen over and over before someone wakes up and makes the change?

Sadly I wont hold my breathe :( we'll just continue lurching from one crisis to the next, with everyone protecting their positions with cloak and dagger rustling in the shadows. as per.

What he said!!

Kipper said:
Gazza272 said:
Foxy said:

What he said!!
C'mon Kip, even you can't be that dull, the club is a joke?

Gazza272 said:
Foxy said:

Gazza I havent as a rule agreed with your posts in the past but lately we are on the same wavelength! welcome to my World..

Sheincar said:
Gingers Husband said:
Sheincar said:
That doesn't come close to the 30 odd % rise he got the year before. Poor dab must be struggling to survive.
£30197 in 2010 : £22124 for 9 months in 2009 accounts.
The salary charge in the DCF accounts may not be total salary paid in 2009, just the proportion charged by the Devils. The rise in subsequent years could be that the proportion charged to the DCF has increased and not the overall salary; figures on their own can mislead.

Serious question, with no hidden agenda
What alternatives do we have if people think/believe/have factually eveidence for PR to go.
a) PR to sell / walk away? who has money to throw into a sporting club losing money ?
b) a supporters buy out? who has the time, experience and coordination skills to manage.
c) ?

It's no surprise that sporting club owners in all sports are questioned and or despised by the fans, for making decisions or methods of running the club, who have stood by the teams for years irrestective of who plays, coaches or owns the teams. Cardiff City (need I say more), Man Utd, Blackburn, previous devils owners, Durham IHC, Scott Neil, Glamorgan CCC, the list is endless
I think the difference is is that with Ice Hockey the player / supporter bond is closer than in many sports, which i'm not knocking, but with social media, access to company accounts it adds fuel to any fire.

Martynwo said:
What alternatives do we have if people think/believe/have factually eveidence for PR to go.
a) PR to sell / walk away? who has money to throw into a sporting club losing money ?
b) a supporters buy out? who has the time, experience and coordination skills to manage.
c) ?

It's no surprise that sporting club owners in all sports are questioned and or despised by the fans, for making decisions or methods of running the club, who have stood by the teams for years irrestective of who plays, coaches or owns the teams. Cardiff City (need I say more), Man Utd, Blackburn, previous devils owners, Durham IHC, Scott Neil, Glamorgan CCC, the list is endless
I think the difference is is that with Ice Hockey the player / supporter bond is closer than in many sports, which i'm not knocking, but with social media, access to company accounts it adds fuel to any fire.
I agree - social media has increased the rumour audience a hundredfold - spreading both inaccurate and accurate information. This doesn't mean things have got worse its just highlighted viewpoints and given them a higher profile. Most people only know a small part of what goes on, very few people know it all and that is right as it is a business at the end of the day. Public access to all information is not commercially advisable and should not be seen as a right. :idea:

Gazza272

Martynwo said:
c) ?

I dont want PR to go. I want him to get rid of the people who have advised him wrongly since he began. By his own admission Ragan has had no prior experience in sport and he has put his trust in folk who have twisted him to their own means.

They are the ones who's head should be on the block. Fresh team in and then if the same mistakes happen again we should look higher up.