Devils ENL v Invicta

Thread starter #1
This Saturday 9th October the Cardiff ENL Devils take on Invicta Dynamos at the Cardiff Bay Arena.

The is one of, if not, the biggest fixture in the English National League right now. Last seasons League champions against last seasons runners up. It’s always a passionate and fiery game. Last time the two teams played at the tent saw a Cardiff crowd of 703 ENL supporters!!

The Devils only missed out on the League championship by 6 points last year to the eventual winners Invicta Dynamos. If your free on Saturday come and support the Devils ENL Team, if your not free, change your plans as this is going to be a big one!!

Adults £5
Kids and season ticket holders £2.50
DCF Junior members get free entry

Really looking forward to this game. Remember when we played Invicta last season and came out on top...... memorable to say the least! :D
Know of a few guys coming on Saturday for the first time and hopfully this will be the game to get them hooked and top 703!!

Come on you Devils!! :twisted:

Gazza272

TheStub said:
What's happened to the ENL guys this year? Last year they looked unstoppable.

Losing Fisher to Swindon cant have helped i'ed have thought. They are still doing alright though arent they? I mean invicta is a different animal but I thoguht the ENL guys were still putting up good results that i have seen.

The ENL is improving year on year. I think results like this will happen a little more to Cardiff considering we use the ENL for its right purpose which is developing players. Unlike Invicta who just want to win it every season.

Very disappointing game for Cardiff last night - Out-thought and out-played.

Invicta's first 6 goals were all powerplay goals (which gives you some idea of how the match was officiated, but in fairness the ref can only call what he claims he sees - the words Selective and Eyesight spring to mind)

Invicta had an Import that looked by Ricky Villa (The old Spurs midfielder) built like a brick out house, could skate and knew where the net was - he found it five times himself and set up one of his buddies. The downside as far as Cardiff were concerned, was that there was no plan to deal with him - there was a lack of composure, and no real plan for keeping the guy quiet.

I've not seen the ref before, and I hope it's a long time before I see him again - there were cheap shots in abundance from both sides, which led to players taking the law into their own hands - all too often Cardiff were deemed to be retaliating, and as per usual got penalised for doing so.

Everyone has a bad day at the Office once in a while - let's hope they put things right tonight against Milton Keynes.

Gazza272 said:
TheStub said:
What's happened to the ENL guys this year? Last year they looked unstoppable.

Losing Fisher to Swindon cant have helped i'ed have thought. They are still doing alright though arent they? I mean invicta is a different animal but I thoguht the ENL guys were still putting up good results that i have seen.

The ENL is improving year on year. I think results like this will happen a little more to Cardiff considering we use the ENL for its right purpose which is developing players. Unlike Invicta who just want to win it every season.

I guess i never wanted to admit this but Fisher was a finisher who could find the net and was regularily on the score sheet. At the moment when we get ourselves in offensive positions (as like last night and in other games) we don't seem to be able to find the net. Now whether thats a lack of composure, complacency, discipline, belief coupled with not having the type of player/s who can naturally find the net is another thing.
As for Invicta's "Evan Almighty" he was a bit of a handful and left us in tatters. I thought Fowler and Smith were wizzers as well especially on the break.

I think once the guys gather themselves, take a long hard look at themselves, put last night to bed, come out firing on all cylinders, the next game will be a different story.

GO Devils!!

ENLs beat MK 5-2 last night so a good bounce back.

Gutted about Saturdays result. Couldn't get to the game, were they missing anyone?

Fisher was a great striker and i hope he can get a good season or 2 in the EPL then come back to join us in the Elites. :)

ASHIPP

Bad day at the office for the ENL Devils, who were drubbed on the night by a far superior and organised team, the Dynamos goalie being outstanding and their defence so well drilled that the Devils just couldn't penetrate. All over by end of p.1. Tim Burrows continues to be the hottest prospect in the team. Write-off that performance and look forward to other games.

A real shame that the enjoyment for supporters in blocks 3 and 5 was killed by a group of rather continuously vulgar, ignorant and semi-drunk Invicta fans in block 4.......sad really, all grown men.
As both teams left the ice at the end, they felt it much more important to hurl personal insults at the Devils players than to applaud the outstanding performance of their own team.......that's classy. :roll:

Planet Ice management - take note please for the next home game against the Dynamos. :twisted:

Think you will find the Devils them selves supply the match night stewards try pointing them out to a steward and get them to sort it out ? Its a Family sport after all!!

ASHIPP said:
Bad day at the office for the ENL Devils, who were drubbed on the night by a far superior and organised team, the Dynamos goalie being outstanding and their defence so well drilled that the Devils just couldn't penetrate. All over by end of p.1. Tim Burrows continues to be the hottest prospect in the team. Write-off that performance and look forward to other games.

A real shame that the enjoyment for supporters in blocks 3 and 5 was killed by a group of rather continuously vulgar, ignorant and semi-drunk Invicta fans in block 4.......sad really, all grown men.
As both teams left the ice at the end, they felt it much more important to hurl personal insults at the Devils players than to applaud the outstanding performance of their own team.......that's classy. :roll:

Planet Ice management - take note please for the next home game against the Dynamos. :twisted:
We had a few friends with us to experience their first game Saturday and one question was "does any trouble erupt in the crowd" and they are City supporters!! Honestly I've never seen any crowd trouble but it gets a bit offish especially when the kids are with you.

Gazza272 comment about Invicta wanting to win everything is true :idea: but what if the rules were changed so that if a team wins the league 3 times on the trot they get automatic promotion to the EPL ;)

Out of interest what are the expectations of the ENL team this year?? They have lost a couple of key players from last years squad in Fisher and Armour and dont seem to have the scoring flair they did last year (although i think at present both Piggott and Burrows are in the top 10 scorers of the league). They just dont look so dangerous without Fisher and seem to lack a bit of the edge that Watkins would contribute to last year.

Defensively poor in the home games i have seen (although better against Invicta). Are they likely to challenge again this year? Or should it be a development year? try and integrate some good youngsters?