Devils Defence

Koop11

Thread starter #1
http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/stat ... &groupId=1

Interesting to see that we have come from one of the highest goals against average to the 2nd best in the league. This stat alone is the key to our recent form. It’s no coincidence that Weller has played a huge role in this but big credit has to also go to the whole of the defensive unit which is playing very well. The Smiths, after a slow start, are playing excellent hockey, with Richardson his usual solid self and Gerad playing his best hockey in recent seasons.

We also have very hard working forwards who back check all game long. Players like Finnerty, Pelle, Matzka, Sir Tyler and Stu are all playing their part in what has become a much improved defensive unit for the Devils. Long may this continue.

The D was the key to our poor form at the start of the season, and good form now.

I think the D have adjusted to Lyle's game now. At the start of the year we were giving up way too many goals on rushes from distance. I mean we still give up a few now, but I seem to recall 3 in the first game, 2 in the second etc. I think everyone knows Lyle struggles with high shots over the shoulder or on the glove side. Now they seem to be on shot limitation, keeping teams to the side and Lyle's confidence has improved as a result.

Weller has been superb too. He's really far too good for this league, his stick check when Blaze had an open goal on Sunday probably won us the game. I also doubt we would have won that one against Shuff without him, that was one of the best 'D' performance i've seen.

Also our PK has been fantastic. G really seems to have learnt his trade as coach, by recruiting a fantastic team this year (team being the key word, last year there were a few too many individuals), and by giving coaching us some damn awesome special teams at the moment.