Devils coach 10/11 season

Gazza272

Some sort of Source would be handy?

There was a joke Rumour started a few weeks back about Thornton being the new Devils coach that got taken horribly out of context.

Also, this close to a challenge cup final i wouldnt have thoguht any sort of desicion like this would have been taken and could be damaging to our chances should it get legs.

All imo anyway

Where is this info coming from?
If true its not something i would really feel happy discussing until the summer/its been announced.

I heard this several weeks ago and dismissed it then with a pinch of salt, if this is the same source I suggest you do the same. Now imo is not the time for the Club to be contemplating a change of coach for next season.

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
Yeah, I saw the one a couple of months back... this is a new one alltogether now though...

panthers fans seem to think this is going to happen...

One Panthers fan seems to think this is going to happen, the rest have asked for a source for the rumour.

Got a feeling this is a hangover from the previous joke rumour from KOTG

I don't know why Panthers fans are bothered by these rumours.

I mean, I may or may not have it on good authority that Corey Neilson will be gone at the end of this season. I keep hearing the name Mr. Smith banded around, who apparently is in a very prestigious assistants job in the AHL at the moment.

Jealous!

Coco the Clown. Give over.... and give the current coach the respect he deserves whilst he is trying to win something this season ! If he doesn't then start a thread. NOT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

ASHIPP

Blimey, hasn't anyone killed off this old rumour yet? :roll: Why would Thornton want to leave the Giants who are still in contention for this year's League title? And some Panthers fans obviously don't know about Matt Burge's 3 year plan......or the fact that he has publically backed G on several occassions.

Unless, of course, it's all a front and Matt himself could be the new coach! ;)

Probably get shot down in flames here, but how about Doug Christiansen. He has ways found good players for Edinburgh despite there obvious financial problems, Hurtubise, Whatever that netminders name is from last night, Rodakowsky?? Fussey, Welch, Horne, they sure as hell all play for him.
I think he shows he is prepared to try something different, when defending he'll leave one of his forwards up the ice, i'm not saying it works allthe time but its different, shows imagination.
Plus with Matt Burge in his third year of a three year plan, he'll be looking for success, maybe Christainsen would be that man with some sound financial backing.
I know people will say what has he done for Edinburgh, what has he won, well i think he has won respect of a lot of people around the league, with his sheer commitment to a club who have struggled for a number of seasons.
Prior to games this season, he has been observed having one to ones with his players outside the dressing rooms, teling his players exactly what is expected of them, leaving them in no doubt.
If we dont, i wouldnt be surprised if a club like Sheffield looked at him, as people like Simmsy always talk extremely highly of him.