Devils @ BRAEHEAD - 3rd Jan 2016 - 6pm- Chatter and stuff

Skippy

First Road trip on 2016.

The Clan don't offer a webcast because of..well there owner really.

We hope to run, if possible, the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

voth26

Re: Devils @ BRAEHEAD - 3rd Jan 2016 - 6pm- Chatter and stuf

ASHIPP said:
God help us.
Why, the clan lost 5-2 to fife tonight, so they are not exactly on top of their game either. It's not going to be easy by any stretch but it depends on which clan team turns up and which Devils team turns up, answer on a post card

Jonesy83

Do Braehead offer a webcast? Can't seem to see anything on their website?

Edit... Nevermind just read the opening post of the thread :DWD

Wannabe2

We are unfortunately not the business yet, we are a good team, a very frustrating team, and sometimes a good team, but not the finished article. Shame to say that, but it's very true, seen it so many times before unfortunately. Same old gags.

Wannabe2

52-31 we are camped in clan zone, what happened to the other 52 mins when we should have being giving them hell. Sorry guys but you are pretty good, but that's it pretty good.

Gospel

Yet another bad showing. Something needs to change as we wont be challenging for anything this season.

Players dont seem mentally with it, we've conceeded goals just after scoring, not been switched on to numerous plays for the last 4-6weeks and we've conceeded goals as a consequence.

There doesnt appear to have been any change in play despite the results. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is commonly known as stupidity. Players seem complacent and despite whats said in the locker room, no notice has been taken & things have not changed. Thers nees to be a shake up & maybe new blood brought in.

I know Lord has said that players have been suggested etc and hes said no for whatever reason but maybe the time has come for the suggestions to be looked at.

Wannabe2

We are a pretty good team, but that's it a pretty good team, we are still behind the others, that's life we have to accept that, I have so now I can't be too disappointed, we are a okay team, and that's it a okay team. Don't want to to say anymore.

Wannabe2

Some people disagree with me, so come on guys what's your solution, I am eager to hear it.

rolf

I'm a bit more worried about our player damage right now. Recently our captain gets battered into concussion ( btw how is Tyson right now?) whilst our team watch and accept. Now his injury cover takes a check to the nut which needed medical intervention and again from MNL I hear no retribution for that either. Aside from a token gesture from Hendrikx off the bench the team were happy enough to watch Valabik beat the piss out of tiny Doucet and Hendrikx's gesture was little more than a finger wagging.

We are a bunch of pussies pretending to be an ice hockey team and we are being found out. Results and injuries prove that.

Properly pissed off right now and I hope our owners gas Hendrikx and Salters and get some fucken balls on this team.

Ocko

Don't disagree with you wannabe but I think we're missing a player who can bring a spark to the team. Sheffield were on a crap run and signed Desbians, he's been superb so far and they were on a great run since. We need someone like him, maybe not even as tough but someone who will go out to drag the team with him. We have all the scoring we could ever need but lack the grit that you need in this league.

We could be missing Tyson's leadership out there too. It's worrying with him too, we've been told he's alright but he hasn't even spectated a game yet and not been seen since that's pretty worrying and indicates to me he's still some way off. You don't come back from KOs like that quickly.

august04

We need a change or two, it's clear. A tough, no-nonsense D man with the uncertainty around Marsh and I'd love to see an aggressive power forward brought in too, to give us that spark, as Desbiens has done with a struggling Steelers team when he was brought in. Maybe Lord is too close to the players which is why he's declined additions so far, but it's the right time now. We're too soft and have been all season. If we need to release a couple of non-performing players (there are a few!) to make these changes, then so be it. We're in a good position to have a real crack still at winning this league but we need to kick on, as I'm sure others will do before the transfer deadline.

august04

Oh and can we please have this extra toughness brought in by next weekend before Janssen starts beating up on us again?!

Mooney#16

No offence but what a load of tosh! Toughness. Devils are plenty tough enough. They have just tried to play very disciplined hockey and try to punish teams with there special teams. Only problem is that tactic looks crap when your PP disappears and you lose games because of it. I think Lordo has to let the dogs of war lose to be honest and risk the additional PK time for the benefit of getting a higher energy performance from the team. This crap about Tyson being hung out to dry is just that. Crap. He blind sided a guy. Got called out by Janssen. Answered the bell and got tagged. Sadly that's hockey for you. Win some lose some. Doesn't mean Devils are a bunch of pussies.

I do agree there is an X factor player missing from the roster to really drag the team up on his back with a competitive streak a mile long but not just a bang and crash guy. You need a clutch guy who can make the big plays at the right times. No players I think deserve to go though.

One thing Devils are suffering from which is killing them slowly is the lack of success in the face off circle or at least that is how it appears. Myers and Tathinen were amongst the best face off guys in the league last year and won so much possession and at key times in key areas. That face off depth has just never been replaced and found this year and I think it's a subtle yet huge difference from last years team. It's a hell of a lot easier to stamp authority on games when you control the puck and that starts with face offs. To be honest if I were looking at a player move I think a very good face off guy would be high on my priorities than the second coming of Brad Voth!

august04

Mooney#16 said:
No offence but what a load of tosh! Toughness. Devils are plenty tough enough. They have just tried to play very disciplined hockey and try to punish teams with there special teams. Only problem is that tactic looks crap when your PP disappears and you lose games because of it. I think Lordo has to let the dogs of war lose to be honest and risk the additional PK time for the benefit of getting a higher energy performance from the team. This crap about Tyson being hung out to dry is just that. Crap. He blind sided a guy. Got called out by Janssen. Answered the bell and got tagged. Sadly that's hockey for you. Win some lose some. Doesn't mean Devils are a bunch of pussies.

I do agree there is an X factor player missing from the roster to really drag the team up on his back with a competitive streak a mile long but not just a bang and crash guy. You need a clutch guy who can make the big plays at the right times. No players I think deserve to go though.

One thing Devils are suffering from which is killing them slowly is the lack of success in the face off circle or at least that is how it appears. Myers and Tathinen were amongst the best face off guys in the league last year and won so much possession and at key times in key areas. That face off depth has just never been replaced and found this year and I think it's a subtle yet huge difference from last years team. It's a hell of a lot easier to stamp authority on games when you control the puck and that starts with face offs. To be honest if I were looking at a player move I think a very good face off guy would be high on my priorities than the second coming of Brad Voth!
"Dogs of war"?! Come off it, who's that going to be? Hendrikx has been the only one when it comes to playing an aggressive game consistently this year. Salters has the tools but is that in his nature? I don't think it is, going on previous stints at clubs too. That's not his fault, you are what you are. Devils are not plenty tough enough this year, that is crystal clear and I'm not talking about fighting at every opportunity. They hardly throw a hit even when Lord bemoans lack of a jump and energy. At times, we've cried out for a physical presence and it's been sadly lacking.

KaneDevils

Great post Mooney. Another tough player? We have enough. Too many fans defend players as you can't possibly say anything negative or you support another team and your trolling.
Lord needs to toughen up, vocally. Start getting the underperforming players performing. When is that going to change? It just goes on and on. Someone said were missing Walton? Really? Like he'd make that much of a difference. His stats wouldn't back that up.
It's nothing to do with who's not playing and everything to do with who is. If we're not hitting enough then Lord needs to change that.

Lord, grow some bollocks!!

It has come to the point where complacency and sloppy mistakes in front of the net (last night was a case in point) have become a worrying pattern, where effort has evaporated. It is unfair just to single Salters out but he only plays when it suits him, and he certainly does not do what was written on his tin way back in the summer. He needs the riot act read to him and also too another half dozen players.

Lordo has been over protective of recent displays lately and it has certainly not been Devils hockey: fast skillful and physically agressive that we have been playing in the last few weeks. Lordo has resisted changes but the time has come for an injection of physical leadership, possibly a D man. Yes the right player has to be available, but timing is now critical. A marquee player and can work wonders in shaking up a talented but disengaged squad of players. We need a change!